Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Braid Maintenance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
moonglowdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moonglowdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Braid Maintenance
    Posted: November 28 2007 at 8:42pm
How do you normally care for you braids? How often do you cleanse your scalp and / or wash your braids? What kind of moisturizer are best for braid user? If anyone cold pleas help me.Smile

Hair Type: Relaxed 4a/C/i from the motherland
Goals
1. To thicken hair ~ on going
2. S/L 07/08
Geriton Complete
Biotin 5mg
MSM 1000mg
moonglowdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moonglowdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2007 at 6:17pm

I can assume no one here knows how to care for braids,what so I'm give up the information that I have found on other forums.

Washing: I washed my braids last night. First I purchased a wig  cap then I diluted clarifying shampoo (You choose) Confused. I put the wig cap on my braid to cut down on fizzies and I saturated my hair with water and some diluted shampoo. I massage gently between the boxes. I did this twice. After washing I conditioned!iagreesign I too, diluted this with water. I rinsed and squeezed all of the water from the stocking cap and took a towel and soaked up the rest of the water.

I allowed my braids to air dry. Once they were dried I moisturized with moisturizer( you choose) pleaseand sealed with (you choose) please
Now its your turn to post don't just stop and look.

Edited by moonglowdiva - December 09 2007 at 6:19pm
Hair Type: Relaxed 4a/C/i from the motherland
Goals
1. To thicken hair ~ on going
2. S/L 07/08
Geriton Complete
Biotin 5mg
MSM 1000mg
bellecheveux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellecheveux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2007 at 9:20am
I shampoo with a sulfate-free shampoo like CON, condition with Suave or Nexxus, and deep condition with ORS. For moisturizing I use S-Curl.
JMAN21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMAN21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2008 at 6:24pm
looks like this part of the site is getting more attention which is good. when i used to post over here sometimes, i would not even get any responses. i guess i was also used to the activity of the 360 waves section
BeautyWitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyWitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2008 at 11:52am
This is my braids regimen:

*Wash once a week  with baking soda and condition with leave-in conditioner (Infusium 23 moisturizing leave-in)

*Moisturize daily w braid spray

*Baggy daily to keep my ends healthy

*Massage scalp with EVOO or Shakakai oil once a week before wash

*Redo edges every 2-3 weeks to prevent thinning/breakage

I've gotten a lot of growth and retained a lot of length using this.
jaxhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaxhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 9:29pm
My first post...

Please tell me more about baggy-ing hair ends BW. I hear the term a lot but don't understand what it is or how it's done. Thanks muchly!
BeautyWitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyWitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by jaxhair jaxhair wrote:

My first post...

Please tell me more about baggy-ing hair ends BW. I hear the term a lot but don't understand what it is or how it's done. Thanks muchly!
Bagging is a technique used to keep your ends moisturized and healthy. First a water based moisturizer is applied to the hair and then sealed in with oil (I sometimes skip this step if I will be wearing my hair loose the next day). The hair is the gathered in a pony (I use 3 ponies to make sure I get my bangs too) and the ends are cover with plastic wrap, bag or cap.

This keeps the  moisturizer in the hair for a long time and helps prevent split ends.

jaxhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaxhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 5:56am
Thanks BW. I've since learnt loads about the baggy method and more!
LILDEE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LILDEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2008 at 5:38pm
I dont like to wash my hair while I have braids on them
1. beacuse my hair is naturally frizzy and nothing seem to prevent this issue. So usually after 2 weeks of the braid my hair starts to stick out if I wash them I might as well take them out. I always keep my braids in for 2 1/2 weeks or 3 weeks on the dot.
Well I moisturize my hair twice a day using 2 of my favriote products. I have type 4a/b which means my hair tends to get very dry it just sucks up everything. I use a bonnet every night and drink alot of water.
Talking about braids I only had mines in for 1 1/2 week and it already look jack up. It so freaking hot that I just want to remove them.
http://members.fotki.com/Lil-may/about/ God is good!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic