Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Breakage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PITYPATT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PITYPATT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Breakage
    Posted: December 02 2007 at 3:57pm
I've been pulling my hair back in a pony tail for 21 years and now have severe breakage....does anyone have a good product to reccommend using?
PP
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2007 at 7:49am
No product is going to fix breakage.  The silicones can make it lay flat if you have frizz due to breakage, but that will need to be clarified off once in awhile or it will just lead to more breakage.  If it is a problem, you may want to consider more hair-safe ways to wear your hair in the future (even if you just switch to the "ouchless" kind of elastic that doesn't have the metal part on it).
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
HairDoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairDoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 10:05pm
Yes I have an awesome product Diva supergro.It has Natural ingredients including menthol,horsetail and nettles to mention a few.It works.Check it out at Divabycindy.net.Your problem will be solved with this item.Hairdoc
Rebecca_cha103 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebecca_cha103 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 12:59am
the only true way to get rid of breakage is get ur hair cut, if you dont it will just keep breaking off keep going further to your scalp, i had it to happen to me after a bad perm and its best to just get it cut short and get it healthy with a few deep conditioners from the salon, you can also buy a deep conditioner from the salon and do it at home,get it cut and let it grow back out using deep conditioners and it will be healthy again.
roots126 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roots126 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2008 at 11:55am
First of all...duh.  What did u think would happen after 21 years in a ponytail??  I am surprised you dont look like a HARI KRISNA!!!
You are putting stress on your hair line first of all.  Take down your hair every so often and if you are gonna wear a pontail, do not make it tight.
Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2008 at 12:54am
PITTYPAT I am guessing the breakage is in the front  yeah ?, get onto a programme as Nioxin's  to help encourage growth & if you wear your hair back maybe a thick head band & loosely pin your hair up, I wear my hair up like this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic