Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shapely'sMTG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
melaniej1987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melaniej1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shapely'sMTG
    Posted: December 04 2007 at 2:01pm
Hi all! Has anyone ever tried MTG  to grow their hair. If you have can you please provide photos. I ordered Shapely's MTG and can't wait to try it.
tiffanyoneal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiffanyoneal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2007 at 6:16am
I used MTG for a minute and I did get growth but since I have been using SULU Max and it helps grow alot. Check out my fotki

Edited by tiffanyoneal - December 11 2007 at 6:32am
melaniej1987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melaniej1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2007 at 8:52am
Wow! Your hair has really grown. When you use thw SULU hair oil every other day do you use it on your scalp and on your hair or just on your scalp. I started using it but the smell is kind of getting to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiffanyoneal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2007 at 1:02am
Hey Mel,
I only use it on my scalp. If you are talking about the Sulu Max the smells goes away the next day unlike the MTG. So I would advise you to apply it to your scalp at night and in the morning the smell will not be loud. Let me know how it turns out. :)
Hair Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2007 at 4:18pm
Bumping...
ragcajun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragcajun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 12:51am
tiffany,

Thanks for sharing!  I just ordered the MTG and waiting for it to arrive.  I will use it every other night if possible.  I am currently wearing a LF but I might wear a sewn in weave  for a few months, not sure yet.  But I know I want to use the MTG as much as possible.

Do you add anything else to it?

Thanks
Nicole
TooBlessed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooBlessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 9:19am
Originally posted by ragcajun ragcajun wrote:

tiffany,

Thanks for sharing!  I just ordered the MTG and waiting for it to arrive.  I will use it every other night if possible.  I am currently wearing a LF but I might wear a sewn in weave  for a few months, not sure yet.  But I know I want to use the MTG as much as possible.

Do you add anything else to it?

Thanks
Nicole

I use the MTG before each LF application.  You could apply the MTG with a cotton ball which gives you more control over where and how much MTG you are using.  I usually apply the MTG on the parts between the braids.  The smell is horrific, but worth it; the smell usually disappears by morning.

ragcajun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragcajun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 10:10am
thanks so much for the tip!  I will keep that in mind!  I heard about the smell!  But I willing to put up with that for hair growth!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 11:42am
I have my own version of Sulu Max.  I use my mix anytime and the smell is always nice. and I save money too.
lafemmenoir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lafemmenoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 11:09am
Where do you find the Sulu Max?  It looks and sounds much better than MTG. 
mslady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 4:54am
^^^ here ya go--
Introducing Sulu MAX GRO_

Edited by mslady - March 21 2008 at 4:54am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiffanyoneal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 11:00am

Hello Ladies,

I love the Sulu Maxx. I still have not relaxed my hair so I cant wait to see the results! :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 1:40pm

Originally posted by mslady mslady wrote:

^^^ here ya go--
Introducing Sulu MAX GRO_

Have you tried this Sulu max?

mslady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Hair Goddess Hair Goddess wrote:

No, I have used MTG without any problems.  The smell of MTG does not bother me as much as other ladies, however, I add essential oils.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 10:36am
Originally posted by mslady mslady wrote:

No, I have used MTG without any problems.  The smell of MTG does not bother me as much as other ladies, however, I add essential oils.

Wink  Yea, I have special oils I add also.  It smells so nice too.  Somehow I just don't trust the Sulu Max.  I've heard people on in other forums say good things about it, but I'm quite the skeptic on this one.

As far as MTG is concerned, the smell doesn't bother me either.  It reminds me of the old formula of glovers.
mslady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 4:16am

Wink  Yea, I have special oils I add also.  It smells so nice too.  Somehow I just don't trust the Sulu Max.  I've heard people on in other forums say good things about it, but I'm quite the skeptic on this one.
As far as MTG is concerned, the smell doesn't bother me either.  It reminds me of the old formula of glovers.

Shocked Why don't you trust Sulu Max?

BTW, it does remind me of glover's.  Do they even make that anymore?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 1:11pm
Yes.  They still make Glover's, but unfortunately they don't make the original formula anymore.
As far as Sulu is concerned, I don't know enough about it.  On another forum someone was making their own and somehow I just get nightmares thinking about "what if this product is from someone who was on that forum?"  We don't know them...there's so much jealousy out there (stupid I know but true), that my biggest fear is that I would try something like this and become a trusted "customer" only for their formula to be reformulated and takes everyones hair out?  What then?
MTG is pure and I can add my own formula...plus it's less expensive that way.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 1:13pm
Part II (Addendum)  Sorry it's a lot here.

I've trusted hairdressers in the past and my hair was always damaged, so I guess that's where this fear comes from. Thumbs%20Down
Since doing my own thing, my hair is now healthy and taking off growing. Thumbs%20Up

Edited by Hair Goddess - March 26 2008 at 1:14pm
Tea4Two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tea4Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 11:36am

I just received my bottle of the Sulu Max yesterday and put it into my hair before I applied my lace unit.  The smell of the Sulu made me so sick.  I came this close to just washing it out of my hair because the smell was so bad.  I wish I had read this thread before I used it so that I would have known about the smell and used it before bed.  Today the smell is gone and I'm happy again.  I think I will take some of your suggestions and add some essential oil to the stuff to make it smell better.

http://public.fotki.com/Tea4Two

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 12:14pm
I'm sorry to hear about that.
A lot of people mentioned they like the smell over MTG and that's why they bought it.  The smell of MTG doesn't bother me....
Tell me, was the smell worse than the original MTG?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic