Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP!!!!!!! NEW WITH COLOUR PROBLEM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
*Annette* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Annette* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP!!!!!!! NEW WITH COLOUR PROBLEM
    Posted: December 11 2007 at 6:35am
Hi there,

Have just popped over from extensions as I have a colour problem...

Dont know if you ladies can help, but I coloured my hair  (supposedly light brown Angry) at the weekend and its gone virtually black especially at the ends.

Is there anything I can do to lift the colour sightly? It donent'n *not* suit me, its just a bit shcoking going from a reddy, golden, blondie light brown to near black. 

Friends have said they think its fine but my mum says its awful (she's an ex hairdresser)

TIA
Annette xxx

www.2swim4life.com
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2007 at 8:15pm
There is alot you can do.Smile

First,you could just try washing it ALOT with something harsh such as dishwashing liquid (dawn,ajax) Or I think Rebekah has even said Tide works before.

If that doesnt work,(but most darker colors fade tremendously the first two weeks)
You could use a color remover product. Was it permante color or a semi/temp color? For a semi,there is a great product called METALEX.
It is oil based and takes the color out without much damage.

For permante,there is colorzap and now the new Color oops by Loreal.

It is important to know that after using these products you will need to recolor.This time be sure to do a strand test and make sure the color isnt too dark.Always go with a color that is slightly lighter then the color you are aiming for.
Sounds like your hair was rather porous and that is way it grabbed the color so much.You may need to slightly trim your ends.

(the Metalex and Color zap can be found at Beauty supply stores such as Sally's or online.Color oops can be found at Rite Aid)

*Annette* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Annette* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2007 at 3:20am
Thanks for that!

I ordered some color oops from Amazon as you cant buy it over in the UK, then I'll go to the hairdressers and get them to colour it properly for me Wink
Annette xxx

www.2swim4life.com
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2007 at 4:00am
Awesome.I hope you get the color you wantThumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic