Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I Got My Hair! Pics Included

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Got My Hair! Pics Included
    Posted: December 14 2007 at 12:29am

I got my hair today! 

I started sewing it today by hand and let me tell you, my fingers are sore! 

I doubled them over and sewed them and then attached the clips.  The hair is so soft and my fingers glide right through it!  I AM IN LOVE WITH IT! 

My delima was that it was a shade or so lighter than my color so I ended up depositing color on it.  I used over the counter GARNIER 100% 501 Medium Brown for 15 minutes.  I was going to swap out the cream developer for 10 volume but I didn't.  I took my chances and went for it.

I have some pics but let me warn you, it is late and I'm not doing *my* hair tonight.  I don't sleep well with wet hair and I have a cold so please excuse my red tones.  I haven't colored in almost two months...

Here is Before and After color application...  Before is on the right, After on the left.  The after is still a tad bit wet here.

Here they are in.  DISREGARD THE RED TONES!  I'll color in the morning and have my friend cut them.  I trust her!Big%20smile

I'm just so happy they are here!

The hair is D Lux (oringinally M4/30 before I got to itLOL) 22" from yourhairshop.com ! 

Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2007 at 10:33am
Updating to add pics...

I got it cut today and finished my hair.

Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2007 at 10:34am
I guess ADMIN didn't like my avatar.  LOL 

I'll try another....Clap
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2007 at 11:27am
nice job gal.....hair looks great on you......I have the same before look...before I cut and blend the hair. Layers are the key to looking natural when you have wavy or curly hair. I hate cutting new hair but it has to be done,....wish I could just leave it all one length,....  cutting the sides to blend in with my short hairs just breaks my heart....but it always looks much better when I do.
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2007 at 7:34pm
Thanks JeepGirl!

I hate to cut them too but I need it to blend with my top layer.  My friend didn't want to get into it but I took my shears and slithered it in the back from my top layer down.  I may do more tomorrow, we'll see but yeah, I hate to cut it!

It feels so real!LOL
Chels=) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chels=) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2007 at 8:36pm
looks awesome!, I wish I had the patience for that much hair, its so feminine and pretty!
Chels =)
LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2007 at 11:01pm
it looks dreamy and romantic!! i love it : ).  great job on the install!!
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2007 at 1:04am
Good job! That hair looks lovely!!

Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2007 at 6:57am
Thanks girls! 

It is AWESOME!  I love it and I couldn't and wouldn't have DIY without you girls and this forum!

Malibu,
The hair held up great from the color!  And the shedding?  I don't notice any as of yet to note!

Thanks again girls! 

Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2007 at 7:00am
Oh and I get to work in it today so we'll see how I hold up and not the hair.  I sweat alot at work.

I thinks it's gonna get hot in here under all this hair!LOL
kristiemlove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristiemlove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2007 at 8:54am
Originally posted by JeepGirl JeepGirl wrote:

nice job gal.....hair looks great on you......I have the same before look...before I cut and blend the hair. Layers are the key to looking natural when you have wavy or curly hair. I hate cutting new hair but it has to be done,....wish I could just leave it all one length,....  cutting the sides to blend in with my short hairs just breaks my heart....but it always looks much better when I do.

Hey, JeepGirl, any suggestions on cutting the hair.  That is an area I have yet to master.  I don't have a technique that works for me yet and I find I start cutting, and in trying to get my achieved look, I keep going shorter and shorter!  DO you just razor a bunch? 
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2007 at 9:47am

Looks great Addy! I love the soft wave!

Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2007 at 4:20pm
I love that too sherrie. 

Work went good!  It didn't even get pulled!Clap
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2007 at 1:43am
Hey Addy, how many tracks do you have in?

Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2007 at 11:00am
I have 1 that starts at my occipital, 1 right above that goes from ear to ear with 4 clips, 1 above that with 3 clips and 2 two-inch pieces and 2 single pieces for the front sides and yesterday I made another piece I'm going to try on today so 8 pieces all together, 7 if I don't like the new one I just made!  All double wefted except for the piece I made early this morning. (I cut the new one to blend with my layers more.  I left it the original color so I wouldn't cut the darker hair by accident while I had them in.)

P.S. I can't stop looking in the mirror!LOL 

Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2007 at 2:58pm
I've been trimming and blending it for a couple days now and this is it.

I hated  to do it but I had to!  It just wan't blending with that dreaded top layer!
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2007 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by kristiemlove kristiemlove wrote:

Hey, JeepGirl, any suggestions on cutting the hair.  That is an area I have yet to master.  I don't have a technique that works for me yet and I find I start cutting, and in trying to get my achieved look, I keep going shorter and shorter!  DO you just razor a bunch? 

I really don't have a great system or way to explain how I layer...but her goes anyway...lol
I always start at the top layer of my top triple that goes from temple to temple....I usually just use my small scissors and start clipping in a downward motion....never cutting of even, but  thinning and a jagged snip. I then move to the next layer and do the same....all the while being very careful not to cut too short....I cut long layers and go back over a section several times.....easier to cut a little at a ttime and not regret your snip...lol

The length layers, I usually pull to the front and pull out the hair to the sides and fan it....hard to explain.....I hold like a handful of hair and pull it out to side of my head and layer it down.....sorta like this
                             -----
                               -------
                                 ---------
                                  ------------
then I turn in the mirror to see the back and pull the middle out...one layer at a time...pull that up where I can see it over the top of my head and cut it looking in the mirror.  Sounds crazy...but thus far not too many goof ups!

It just takes time to get the hang of it....and everytime I install new hair I am just as nervous as I was the very first time I cut it.......that fear never goes away for me.....lol......but somehow I always manage to get it looking natural and all my layers blend very well. Sometimes it take me a day or two to get it just the way I want....but here's where patience is needed.

Keep trying.....pictures are also a great way to see how you did on your cut....I always take picures to make sure I don't have a mullet and trust me...I had several that I had to fix or add more hair.  Billy Ray had nothing on my first install!!!!!!!
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2007 at 12:55pm
Addy....it just looks like you need more hair at the bottom so you can layer all the way down. You need lots of hair to get that flowing long effect if you have thicker or curly hair. I have both so I always have to wear atleast 7oz of hair. I also double my first 3 rows at my neck and then the rest are tripled. That way I can add layers to each row I have installed. This will do the trick with your layering problem.

Oh I just saw where you have them clipped in....and you sewed the wefts together.....how many wefts do you have sewn together on each clip? Do you know how much hair you have all together?
HAve you tried the tape method? You can get lots of hair in and cover layers much easier. Like I said with my curly thick hair I usually wear 7-8 oz of hair to get the volume I want and need to cover my layers.
I'll try to post my need pictures later of my layers so you can see what a bodywave and 18 inch looks like layered.

You could get the volume and coverage you are wanting.
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2007 at 11:44pm

Addy....it just looks like you need more hair at the bottom so you can layer all the way down. You need lots of hair to get that flowing long effect if you have thicker or curly hair. I have both so I always have to wear atleast 7oz of hair. I also double my first 3 rows at my neck and then the rest are tripled. That way I can add layers to each row I have installed. This will do the trick with your layering problem.

My hair isn't really thick or curly.  If I were a betting woman, I'd say I have about 6 - 6 1/2 oz in right now.  I got 2 paks of hair and each pak is 4 oz and I have just enough to sew an extra strip onto the 2 top pieces and that's it.

Oh I just saw where you have them clipped in....and you sewed the wefts together.....how many wefts do you have sewn together on each clip?

I doubled up. 

Do you know how much hair you have all together?

See above...^^

HAve you tried the tape method? You can get lots of hair in and cover layers much easier. Like I said with my curly thick hair I usually wear 7-8 oz of hair to get the volume I want and need to cover my layers.
I'll try to post my need pictures later of my layers so you can see what a bodywave and 18 inch looks like layered.

I don't know anything about the tape method and I don't want anything that is going to damage my hair while I try to grow it out past my butt.  If it's safe with no breakage, I may try it.  It would be nice to just wake up with hair.   Is it easy?  How does it work?  I'm willing to learn or atleast listen.LOL 

I'd love to see your pics!Smile

You could get the volume and coverage you are wanting.

That's what I want!  More so coverage...Big%20smile
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 1:56pm
The tape method in my opinion is safer than the clip-ins.....they put too much stress on the hair...or they do mine....not to mention they hurt my head and pinch and pull no matter how well I put them in.
Go to Sherrie's site and she has all the products you need for the tape method and she has a demo on how to istall if I remember correctly. Most of us that wear protac/airflex/tape...everybody has their own name for it...but most of us go atleast 4 weeks before doing a take-down and re-install.....some go longer. I think the longest I've gone is 5.5 weeks. I like to get that hair back up close to the scalp and secure by that point. 

Now wearing tape takes some getting use to and it also takes some practice to put in,....BUT...TRUST ME...it's the easiest (other than clip ins) method for a DIYer.  If you search all info on this board or Sherries forum over at her store, you'll learn everything you'll ever want to know or need to know. I think this method is the easiest on ones hair and you don't get that pulling or tugging as with other methods. I've worn individual strand by strand and I worn clip ins and I also installed shrinkies. Wefts and tape...that's my preferred method.....I sure Sherrie will agree with me here.  Now my next method to try is the pinchbraids...but I have to find someone to do that for me.
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic