Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need HELP with my hair!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wintress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wintress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need HELP with my hair!!
    Posted: December 22 2007 at 2:46am
Hi girls  , i just found this forum and it seems great! i sooooo need help with my hair!! :(  i have natural curly hair , and i always used it kind of short , I think thats how it suits me best . Anyway I decided to let it grow and straighten it chemically at the hairdress , problem is the hairdresser was horrible! and after 2 months , and two procedures , my hair is terrible , she used a very strong chemical straightner and now my hair is all weak and broken and it comes off so easily , if i pull it with my hand with a tight grip a lot of hairs come off CryCry what should i do? help!
wintress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wintress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 1:02am
nobody? Unhappy
jesseann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesseann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2007 at 7:50pm
hi there, I also had my hair chemically straightened about 2years ago. OMG it just about ruined my hair. I ended up getting it cut. The beautician melted my hair. I have curly fine hair and it looked ridiculous.  I now have found this shampoo and conditioner called mixed chicks it is awesome. I have never liked my hair, but now its easier to tolerate. my hair always looks dried out even when it is healthy but this new hair stuff is the best I have ever used. And believe me I have spent lots and lots of money on products. That chemical straightner is horrible. I am not a beautician but i experienced the same thing as you. nasty. I have found that i have to accept what was given to me and thats curly hair. write back if you want jesseann
jesseann
kinkycurlygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinkycurlygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2007 at 5:09pm
If you want healthy hair again, you are going to have to start from scratch.  I had to cut my hair when I embraced my curly hair.  Stay away from chemical relaxers.  They kill your hair.  If you want straight then just flat iron it.  It is temporary but safer.  HTH.  If not just ask some more questions.
www.fotki.com/bmli111
amimaureen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amimaureen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 8:01pm
I had this happen years ago, use a really good conditioner and don't blow dry it!  Leave in the conditioner for 15 20 minutes.  I can't remember what else I did but maybe others will post some ideas.

Hope this helpsStar
love those curls
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic