Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone in London UK?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pockyisgod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pockyisgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone in London UK?
    Posted: December 26 2007 at 1:15pm
Perhaps I'm asking this a bit too prematurely, but I keep trying the search button in here and in BHM and neither work, so instead of spending hours picking through hundreds of threads I'll hazard to ask outright Confused Lol should I be nervous?

I've read up about how to apply LF's and I'm absolutely panicking because it not only is it a technique very difficult to master, and time consuming, but I have VERY sensitive skin and chances are that I would have an allergic reaction to the adhesive, the remover, or both.

someone in the BHM forum said you don't always need to use adhesive. If there was an option to forgo the scalp protector, skin prep, adhesive and removal, I would choose to take it and deal with whatever consequences arose.

If the above is not possible, is there anyone here who lives in the UK (London) and would be willing to help me out with prepping and application? I have asked several salons if they would, for a price of course, and they said no. I can only find one shop which sells LF's in London, which is ridiculous because I can't be the only woman in London who wears (or will wear) LF's, and they will only apply wigs bought from them.

Please don't tell me that LF's may not be for me. I have lost most of my hair through illness and it hasn't grown back, so I have to wear wigs every day. And I have a skin disorder, so I am sick of wearing these horrible fake-looking fiber wigs and having to put up with the constant rashes that they give me. Angry

Please help! Thanks!

Edited by pockyisgod - December 26 2007 at 1:17pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2008 at 4:39pm
you could use an all tape application and there are certain adhesive that are medical grade like Oil Resistant White Glue from www.coolpiece.com and/or http://www.janetscloset.com/hollister_medical_adhesive.htm hollister is a medical adhesive.. i also use liquid bandage by nexcare in the spray as a skin protector and 2nd skin is a good product as well b/c it heals the skins as well as protect it.. http://www.drugstore.com/qxp86349_333181_sespider/2nd_skin/scargel.htm
pockyisgod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pockyisgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 7:46pm
thanks sexibeach, I'll look into those :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic