Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite Long Hair Accessory or Toy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
boconnor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boconnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite Long Hair Accessory or Toy?
    Posted: June 01 2012 at 8:53am
Hi Autumn, have you seen the bun cages by Camila of Paris? http://mp.hairboutique.com/Camila-Spider-Bun-Shell-CP16/P/103989/C/381
AutumnLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AutumnLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2012 at 6:55am
My all time favorite hair accessory was a hair cage.  It consisted of a plastic spiral shaped cage that entirely covered my bun.  It had a stick that went through the spirals and my hair and held it up perfectly all day long.  It was awsome!  It broke several years ago and I haven't been able to find another one since.  I had two of them and gave one to another long haired lady and I don't even think she used it....Confused
Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2011 at 3:39pm
My favorite hair accessory is banana clips, and hair clips borrettes, and sceegy ponytail holders.
Shannon D. Bax
lorymadon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorymadon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2011 at 2:48pm
Clip in extensions are known as the temporary type, with many other methods with a more semi-permanent. Human hair is available around the world, like Europe, Asia and India.
aidennerideal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aidennerideal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2011 at 2:05pm
The new look in Bridal hair accessories are elegant headbands, decorative hair pins, Bridal hat with a veil of soft, clean, feathers and crystal broaches.
decken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2011 at 5:43pm
A bride would wear hair in an up-tile (s) style, where the chosen wedding hair accessories will make the task of helping to preserve each set in space, and looking beautiful.
michaelgrets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelgrets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2011 at 7:12pm
For special occasions and events unique and elegant hairstyle created using unique hair accessories. These accessories for all types of hair, is it curly or straight, short or long.
markzdemetrez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markzdemetrez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 4:32am
One of girls favorite accessories today is hair extensions. Some Love clip hair extensions.

~CHoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~CHoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2003 at 8:14pm
Where can I see all of this cool stuff?! I am so excited to try something new. I don't like to wear buns unless they I can pull tendrils out of them. I also like the loose hair look, but my hair is thick and sometimes I get bored with it. I have a loose perm that is growing out and my favorite thing is hard to describe. It is hooked by a long flexible wide comb-type thing that pulls the hair up and then a fat short comb on each end to secure it. I flip my head over and put it under my hair and up to my crown. then I Flip it back over and my hair looks likje ahorse mane. Love it!
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2003 at 10:24pm
Hey Karen,

I was out shopping today and I overheard someone looking for a bun cover for her hair. The sales person told her sorry we do not carry those. I quickly interupted and told her of hairboutique.com. She said thank you and she was going to look into the site.

Just a little encouragement
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Madeleine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madeleine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2003 at 7:31pm
My favourite hair toys are definitely my hair forks by a girl that goes by the ebay name of "Blondiesturn" - I have a set of two matching cocobolo forks that I use for a two fork french twist variation, and an ebony two prong fork that I use almost daily for a quick bun.

I also love the FranceLuxe hair toys that I recently got - they are pricey, but worth every cent. I have never seen such high quality french twist combs anywhere else.

Cheers,
Madeleine

---
Pixie/BS/Waist
1CFi
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2003 at 1:35pm
Hi Gadget

I just love your icon. Very cool. And your description of Yellow Hibiscus. I love flowers in the hair. Very elegant.

And Dave.....

Yes...laughter is the best medicine.

And Nicole Z......

Your own accessories sound fabulous. And yes you are right, I buy some accessories that are specifically for super long or super thick hair and they don't sell very well overall. Because of the limited market. Our biggest sellers are items that appeal to all ages and types of hair. Which makes perfect sense. And the good news is that I get to look at the pretty toys for the longer hair gals until they sell. :-)

Hi Purple P

Oooohhhh I love silky scrunchies. They instantly dress up any look. I am always looking for unusual hairpins to add to my hair but always worry about sharp edges.

Best wishes,
Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2003 at 11:02am
I've got some bobby pins that I use to pin my hair. And a silky scrunchie that I use to pull my hair in a ponytail when the situation arises.
Nicole Z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicole Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 10:24pm
My personal favorites are my home made hair gloves. I don't like the commercial ones because they are waaaay too short for my hair. What I do is take extra large scrunchies and cut them in half so they're a long tube. Then I braid my ponytail and slide it in. One of these I sewed a hair tie into (NOT to) the top so that part of the loop is accessable, so I can secure the hair glove comfortably without having to worry about it sliding out of place while trying to secure it. I've gotten many, many compliments on these.

My favorite hair ties are the hair hoisery and those silicone bands that don't snag or break hair.

I believe that there ought be an accessory line designed for extra long hair or at least for extra thick hair; after a point, they become pretty much one and the same. Unfortunately, there really isn't a much of a market for such things. Most of what I try to use is modified so it fits my hair. If I had the time and a sewing machine, I'm sure I could come up with something creative because I'm determined to keep my hair up and looking neat and keep it detangled and protected at the same time.
My hair is almost to my knees (~50") and continues to grow longer. Rather slowly these days, but that's ok - it's still *growing*.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Karen Shelton Karen Shelton wrote:

Better yet, maybe I should write under an assumed name like Veronica Plaidpant or Penelope Plaidtrousers :-).

Yes, I am here reading this thread too. LOL. All this laughing is turning into a great abdominal workout.
GadgetMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GadgetMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 6:22pm
My favorite hair accesories are odd things. I too love to put flowers in my hair, although my favorite are yellow hibiscus off my big potted plant. I have what amounts to a flexible plastic strip that has long strands of what look like mardi gras beads attached to it that i tie around a ponytail, as well as elasticized strips of sequin trim.
My personal favorite though is decorated bobby pins. I like to do a veronica lake sort of style, and hold one side back with pins.
As to how I get away with all this absurd ornamentations, I'm rather young.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 12:35pm
Hi Lyris,

Actually, Evita Peroni from time to time has various bun accessories but nothing like you describe with the pearls. It sounds awesome. I would love to see a photo or a link to a photo. I love bun covers and similar items. I love slides too.

Last season Evita Peroni had a bun cover that was made with turquoise stones and had a stick to hold it in place. It was stunning. Unfortunately they completely sold out before I could get my hands on any. BOO HOO.

I recently was talking to the incredibly talented woman who is the designer for the EP lines and I was telling her that people with really long hair need their own special accessories (like bun covers and similar) and she was really open to looking at some things I suggested. So please, if anyone has suggestions or images of accessories you would like to see, email them to me and I will talk to her. She is so sweet and incredibly talented. I am very impressed.

The thing that is so unique about EP is that they do 8 collections a year...just like the big fashion houses. Although they have the classic pieces like their Dolphin & Condor & Pelican & similar clips, they bring in an ongoing selection that is up to the minute in the fashion world.

Actually I have to tell you that I have worked with a lot of accessory vendors and the people at Evita Peroni, Roberta Chiarella and France Luxe are the absolute nicest, most concerned about their customers, that I have ever met. Phyto is the same way in the hair care arena.

I have found that when the vendors care so much about their customers, they really go the extra mile to help me do the same for my HB customers.

I have dealt with some vendors (that shall remain nameless.....that we don't carry at HB.com or used to but no longer do) that have been unbelievably rude, snotty, totally uncaring about their customers and in some cases have outright lied about who they let sell their products. Maybe someday (although I hate to kiss and tell) I should write a "tell-all" about some of my experiences...or maybe not...since I don't want to get sued. :-)

Better yet, maybe I should write under an assumed name like Veronica Plaidpant or Penelope Plaidtrousers :-).

And Uzma..........................

Yes, your idea sounds fabulous. I would love to see what you come up with. You are so talented with everything you do I know it will be really wonderful so be sure and take photos to show us.

I love all your ideas of using things that you found. How wonderful. I especially like the Ivy in your hair.

Best wishes,
Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
sheryl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 11:22am
My favorite are my ficcare's. I have 8 and use them almost daily to put my hair up in different style buns.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 8:39am
I don't see why not! I like your idea of using different materials and would try it myself if I knew the first thing about crocheting (or sewing, or anything even remotely related to thread.) Let us know how your project turns out!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 7:41am
Lyris...WOW.

A bun topper.
You have me thinking.....

.....I wonder if I crocheted some fine black silk cord into a circle, tied in some stones, shells, twigs etc and finally elasticated the outer edge of the circle.

OK!! Week-end project coming up!!

Thanks Lyris :-)
Uzi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic