Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Years Resolution?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Years Resolution?
    Posted: December 28 2007 at 8:08am
Anyone have losing weight as one of their new years resolution? Embarrassed

My goal is to lose 20 lb's.

Anyone have any diet tips?
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2008 at 7:17pm
I didnt make any new year's resolutions this year.I never keep them.

I'am going to quit smoking soon though (yes,I know a terrible habit,which is why I'm quitting)but I wanted to do it on my own when I'm ready not because I made it a new Year's resolution.

Anyhow,I'll be joining you,because I dont want to gain weight when I quit!

Here are some tips I have from losing weight before that always help.

1) Drink lots of water.The body wont burn fat if it is dehydrated.If you cant stand water,those crystal light things you mix with water arent too bad.
stay away from soda,as they kinda bloat you.

2) Stay away from red meats,if you have to try to get red meat that is lean cut.
3) Still buy some snacks,just look for ones that have fewer calories.Personally I love popcorn.It fills you up and doesnt have many calories.Also,popcicles are good and like only 10 calories.
4) fruits and veggies or anything containing alot of fiber helps keep you fuller.
5)Starting a meal with soup is also good because it fills you up and you dont eat as much.

6) Try to get some exercise...a nice brisk walk once a day.
I like to do the home aerobics dvds. I start out once or twice a week for like,20 minutes.Then as I slowly gain stamina,I go 3 times a week,then 5.

I went from 175 pounds after I had my daughter to 110 pounds using these tips.And I have never gained the weight back.

I want this thing that's out right now (I dont know what it's called) where you put your feet on these slider things and it works out your legs,abs and buns.Looks like it really tones those areas.If anyone know what I'm talking about and has used it please tell me if you liked it?
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 8:46am
Thanks for the tips Jules! My biggest problem is lack of exercise. When my kids were small it was easy keeping weight off, chasing them around all day lol.

Good luck on quitting smoking. I hope you don't gain too much weight, but that would be healthier for you then smoking.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 9:58pm
Thanks...last time I quit I lost weight because I became so active.(I cant seem to sit still!) I dont smoke too much,about 5 a day.

Slim fast worked for me too,but that is just a temp. fix. Overall,it's better to just eat healthier and just increase exersice.

It will be better in the spring when we can get outdoors without freezing!
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2008 at 7:42am
Yes, thats true. It's tough in the winter!
bookbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 8:42pm
i wanted to loose about 10 pounds so I tried that lemonade diet!!! I damn near past out!!! so I decided to just do cardio for 45 min walk on my treadmil for 30 min and roller skate for about a hour hope it works i want those ten pounds off by 2nd weekof mayshowoff
fllwlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fllwlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 11:05pm

Ideally I'd like to lose 35lbs.  I took a bunch off but the stress of my job, causing constant muching throughout the day. Almost everyone in the office is overweight.

I'm going to try the Fat Smash Diet again, coupled with exercise I really saw a difference.  It's really cutting out processed foods & drinks for the 1st few weeks to jump start your metabolism.

Also foods with higher fiber contents make you feel & look great.

paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 8:57am
Good luck you two!

I gained 10 lbs over the winter, so my goal now is to lose 30 lbs. I just got done with low carb diet and in 3 weeks I lost 9 lbs. I am now on the 11 day diet AKA fat loss for idiot diet. It's basically low carb diet. So far I haven't lost a lb. I'm going to stick it out though. I have 5 more days to go.

After that I'm going on my own diet plan. I'm going to eat.....

cereal
veg
fruit
fish
chicken
shrimp
skim milk
coffee
tea
water

I'll let you know how that works for me. That fat smash diet sounds interesting. Might try that some time. Good Luck!
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 10:53am
Paper, I heard about the 11 day diet yes keep us posted on your results
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 5:07am
Didn't work for me. I didn't even lose a lb lol. I had to eat weird meals and one day all fruit and one day all vegtables. I would not recommend it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2008 at 3:49pm
Just wanted to update this post. I did quit smoking on March of this year.It is now November and I still havent smoked! I dont even want to smoke now at all,in fact if I smell it,it bothers me.

I also started exercising 3 days a week to avoid the typical smoker's weight gain and I went from 127 pounds to 110 pounds.My body has never looked better.My skin has improved too...I think smoking must contribute to break outs because my acne is so much less worse then it was before.
It was one of the hardest things I have ever done,but really worth itSmile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2008 at 3:58pm
Hi,I just wanted to update this post.I did quit smoking COLD TURKEY in March,and it is now November and I still havent gone back!

I did gain about ten pounds at first because my appetite increased,but by adding in 3 days of cardio a week I lost it quickly.

My skin has also improved alot...

It was one of the hardest things I have ever done,but so worth itSmile
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2009 at 7:56am
Congrats Jules, Thats great news! Clap

I lost 20 lbs last year too!!! I tryed a few fad diets the first 6 months. The last 6 months, I counted calories. And that worked, imagine that lol.
I want to lose 10 more lbs. 

My resolution for this year is to exercise. I've been lifting weights to tone my arms. I bought Richard Simmons DVD sweating to the oldies, to exercise to. It is so much fun!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic