Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

From black to Orange!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Xoticbutterflye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xoticbutterflye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: From black to Orange!!!
    Posted: January 06 2008 at 7:41pm
So i tried to color my hair light brown from black, got wella 632 medium ash blond and 511 light brown 30 developer my hair is jet black, but not from permanent color just semi.  It comes out kinda brownish on the roots but stays completely black on the bottom. I wait 5 days and I decide to get the package color Texture tones by clairol because I used it before years ago and it did take the semi color out before I'm thinking so this should work. I got Honey blond and  AHHHHH what was brownish turned red/orange  I even used the dark grabbers to avoid this redness and what was black is black but with a red highlight when looking in the llight.

I want my hair medium to light brown and then later I want blond hilites. What do I do??? I can't go to work like this so i decided to get a medium brown semi to cover this red stuff. I'm thinking to try again in a few weeks. In the mean time I got the entire Aphogee line and some serious conditioners so that my hair does not break.

I have not permed or relaxed my hair for 1 month or more now. HELp what do I do to get my color result. What permanet color number shoukl I use and do I need to bleach my hair?? My fear is not being able to get the color even ..Do I have to go to a beautician?? I don't want to be rejected or laught at.

julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2008 at 4:40pm
You may not have to bleach if you use a color remover.(seems to be the hot topic on here lately)
There are several different kinds Color oops,color fix,color zap and Metalex. Which one depends on what kind of color you used.COLOR opps is supposed to get out ALL artifical color,so I would try that  one.
After using it,it SHOULD get out most of the black and then you can color over with the color of your choice.
Be sure to pick a color several shades lighter then the color you are aiming for,as hair that has had color removed grabs color and will come out very dark looking.
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2008 at 12:48am
A quick way to counteract orange is to use a blue based toner. They come in lots of brands and are very simple to use.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic