Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MICRO STITCH (DOTS)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
BeachBunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MICRO STITCH (DOTS)
    Posted: January 08 2008 at 8:50pm
Hello All,

I have been wearing great lengths extensions for more than 6 years now. I used to love this system but the camouflaging in the back of my head always made me self conscious. Not to go into details, I dye my hair and so the back of my head always has breakage and so it doesnt always blend in with my longer extensions.

I have been looking for something seamless ( which according to many extensionists in NYC  is impossible to find), until i saw somehting called hair on hair extensions ( supposed to take  days) some professionals claim to offer the service ( at a hefty price) but when you approach them they try to sell you a different system and discourage you from doing the hair on hair ( so its a wonder if they even know how to do it...)

Finally i came accross DONCOSAimages.com which offers MICRODOTS, its usually used for poeple who are bolding and tricho...something ( sorry not sure what the correct name is).
I dont have either of the conditions I dont have balding issues I just want long even layers and I dont want to see my little chunks of hair on top .
Seems like the perfect solution, looks like a spiderweb with beautiful hair attached to it which they sew in with a hair like thread and voila.
Supposedly indetectable to the eye or the touch. I must admit sounds a whole lot better than great lengths ( personally im sick of having this plasticy bonds in my hair, no matter how thin my stylist makes them).

I just put a huge deposit on the micropoints ( some other salon calls it blending ) and I wanted to know if anyone has had it done and if they are happy with it.

The initial price is very expensive for a full head, but it promises possibilities other extensions cannot ( putting your hair up, create invisible bangs etc...) this is supposedly what many celebs wear ( many of them are ethnic beauties, I however am caucasian .

any feedback on those???

im getting this done in 2 days, im very excited to get my Great lengths taken out ( i havent been without them for over 6 years) and I think i have come to my wit ends with them... im sick and tired of worrying about them being visible or my husband or daughters playing with  and touching my hair and saying how yucky it feels to touch  foreign objects on my scalp)

so initially very expensive but they can last for 3 years and maintenance is every 6 weeks ( $125)

it also allows me not to color my hair since its on the scalp it camouflages the roots and i probably wont have to blow dry it straight either since the hair is straight russian hair.

I appreciate any comments good or bad ... just testing unknown waters and hoping for some clarity from all of you wise members.

Thanks

BeachBunny Star

Edited by BeachBunny - January 21 2008 at 10:17am
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2008 at 10:46am

I have heard of this company and basically they just anchor a hair integration piece on your head.  Some people complained that it hurt at the attachments that are anchored.

msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2008 at 1:15pm
Please keep us updated on the micropoints. I was interested in this type of application as well before I got hooked on pinchbraids. There was a gal on this board that does them in Pennsylvania. ( too far from me) Her name is Charlene and the company was called CyberMane or CyberHair. The micropoints-- are they not little tiny silver bead type shells? I had read they attach like 5 or 6 hairs to each one.
Please give us updates on how it goes!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2008 at 1:51pm
I think i induced you in error. Charlene does micropoints ( tiny little metal balls) she does that in cyberhair ( but that hair is synthetic and it only exists in 18" inches max)

The microdots are micro mini dots, they swore to me that it doesnt hurt. I think the poeple who complained might have been talking about hair blend or micro blends ( someone in Englewood NJ does that and there was some controversy about them so I never ended up calling them).
I am a bit reassured by the fact that microdots are used on poeple with scalp issues and health conditions causing hairloss or hair pulling, so I am assuming it was created with the idea of being comfortable and painless.

I hope i like it and its natural ( the price is exhorbitant) but i really hope it will relief me of my hair traumas.

I will let you know once its done: tomorrow night. and will try to post pictures if I can figure out how to get close enough to my scalp to show you what it looks like and get opinions on wether you can see it or not.

BeachBunny
msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2008 at 1:57pm
Thanks for clarifying! Good luck with it...can't wait to see pics or at least hear how you like it!
luvhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2008 at 3:20pm
The microdots sound nice.    I just wanted to post here and  let you know that there IS a seamless hair extension method (I do it for MANY clients)  where you attach hair with a cold fusion method .    The hair is produced as a weft but there is absolutely no bulk at the top near your scalp because the hair is held together by a very thin (usually polymer) base so the hair looks like it is growing from your scalp (I have it in my front bang area and on top because my hair is thinning and you can see any other extension method right through my hair up there .    Of course, because it is attached to your hair,  it needs to be removed and reapplied every so often but the hair can be reused.        
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2008 at 3:48pm
BeachBunny, thanks for explaining the system you're getting. I've never heard of it but it sounds really good. Please keep us posted!!

LuvHair, your system sounds interesting too. Can you post pictures?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2008 at 5:44pm

I would love to see pictures of your system too luvhair especially the bang area. thanks for all the encouragement ya all ! Im so happy i found this forum.

I should have my iphone with me tomorrow, so I can update you throughout the day on the progress of the installation. Im scheduled to sit there for about 7or 8 hours ( including the removal of the GL extensions)

luvhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2008 at 8:33pm
I can't post client's pictures here so I will take pictures of mine the next time I do them.  

I'm looking forward to hearing more about these microdots.   Sounds like something I would love to learn how to do.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2008 at 9:12pm

luvhair, even if you can take a pic of the scalp just so I can see how invisble they are, it would be great. im going to try and do that tomorrow for you guys. I know some other girls out there are looking for a second skin type of hair extensions, im hoping this will be it ! ( i just hope it doesnt feel like a wig on)

malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2008 at 11:19am
Hey BeachBunny, good luck today!!! It sounds like it's a great system. I don't think it will feel like a wig. After a few days you won't even know you're wearing it.

LuvHair, yeah if you can post pictures of your method it would be great!! Where are you buying your skin wefts from? How is the quality?

mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2008 at 3:53am
It sounds like the method where hair is tied onto strings. The string webbing is custom made to fit the head. I do one similar to this except  attach with braid and sew.

Edited by mokipono - January 11 2008 at 4:18am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2008 at 3:56pm
No it is nowhere near this method.Mikono
 I just got the microdots put in and I really like them . its very similar to the hair on hair method. It took about 8 hours to do because I have so much hair but its very natural looking and much lighter then Great Lengths (bonds). Its nice not to have that plastic on my head anymore.
The damage greath lengths did to my hair was irreparable ( I had to cut a good chunk of it), but Microdots are definitely a good alternative.
It still feels tight but nothing completely unbearable and hopefully by tomorrow i wont feel them anymore ( it was the same with the GL extensions at first.
I wanted to post a pic of my scalp but its really invisble to the naked eye and seamless all around the head.

My check up is on wednesday and I cant wait because there are a few adjustments i want to make....
otherwise its smooth sailing from here... my biggest disappointment is that the stylist cut my hair too short after I sat there for so many hours I was pissed off... she should have asked me how long i wanted it. she went in there with a razor and zoom thru it i had no idea she was taking lengths away . wednesday im getting my long hair back no matter what!

But I am thrilled ! I now have a normal head of hair... couldnt say that with the extensions.
Oh I think someone said there was anchors... but no there are no anchors. only tiny little dots sewed in sparsely.
the thread looks see throw and looks like a hair but much stronger.

i took a pic but there is nothing to see. sorry !

Edited by BeachBunny - January 11 2008 at 3:58pm
mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2008 at 8:16pm

It sounds wonderful! 

But, I still can't picture it. Is it  5 or 6 hairs tied on to one of your own hair? Do they use a needle to attach hair to hair? Do you think the hair is clear synthetic? Sorry for all the questions. It just sounds so fantastic!

I would love to learn how to do this method. Is there any literature or a name I can Google?
mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2008 at 9:28pm

http://www.doncosa.com/ 

here is the website for microdots.
 I took this digital pic of my monitor. I couldn't get my computer to save it.
I have to say, it's an EXCELLENT website.
You can see the 3 first microdots as they start working up the head.
Maintenance must be done every 4 weeks. They claim the hair will last 3 to 4 years. I'm assuming a client is required to purchase 2 lb. of hair and during every maintenance the continue to take new hair out of the 2 lb. you've purchased.

Edited by mokipono - January 11 2008 at 9:41pm
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2008 at 10:51pm
that looks very interesting!
I have some clients that could really benifit from this.
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2008 at 10:59pm
Thanks for posting that link Mokipono!!
This does look really cool.

Beachbunny?? How long will it last? Also, did that creepy guy cut your hair?

kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2008 at 11:55am
i dont understand, do they tie some sort of knot to the base of your hair to add extra hair to?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2008 at 1:00pm
Malibu, the creepy guy? that's james he is great. an artiste with attention to detail. he really thrives to make you happy and he has a great sense of humor. I spent 9hrs with the guy and i was laughing the whole time ( even when my GL extensions wouldnt come off).
the stylist cut my hair ( she is great but she just cut it too short)
 They should last for about 3 years . I say about 2 ... which i was skeptical about at first but since they need no coloring and barely any blow drying, i can see how they can be preserved and healthy.

Today is DAY 2 with microdots, Pressure and pain are gone, i dont feel them anymore (I am relieved I remember watching America's next top model where they put a weft into this girl's head and she got swelling and horrible side effects, she was totally suffering with it so they had to take it off, luckily this was nothing like it)

My checkup visit is in 5 days and is FREE, they fix anything you do not like . in my case : i just want more length.

Kate : yes its a microdot ( very intricate work) sewed onto your own hair following your own growth direction as to replicate natural hair growth so it looks like its coming right out of your scalp.

Edited by BeachBunny - January 12 2008 at 2:59pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2008 at 1:03pm
i have a pic but i cant seem to add it on .
how do we add pics?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic