Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MICRO STITCH (DOTS)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2009 at 6:58am
I’m actually doing the good old fashioned sew in weave now using virgin Russian hair and its fantastic. It’s also much more affordable. I’m sure the dot system is wonderful because it’s not as easily detectible but since this hair is very expensive, I’m putting more money into that.
tonim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2009 at 6:54am

points are sewn at the root area of yourhair, then a pc of fishnet with hair is placed over it and   then we sew thru the point and the fishnet base to attach... your own hair is the pulled thru the net. 

req. monthly maintence and these AND MOST PIECES have an avg lifespan of a yr.

not a good system for someone completely bald, people with super sensitive scalps and people without  a hairline... there are other types of systems for theses isssues.

call for a consultation  201 288 3600  or email us at mystiquehairgrp@aol.com
tonim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2009 at 6:42am
test
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2009 at 5:59am
Yes I would like to see some photos also. Perhaps you could have someone hold your hair back at the root so we can see the attachment but its probably so well blended you cant detect it. Can you feel it?
emka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2009 at 10:32pm
Hey BeachBunny.can u send me some pictures?i wanna know whats going on with these micro dots...thank you so much.
emka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2009 at 10:14pm
Hey Toni.Hows does your system work?
emka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2009 at 10:12pm
Hey Bunny.Im confused...u like this procedure or not?i wanted to have it done but idk what to do...
picasso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2008 at 8:05am
Hi Beach bunny,
 I was planning on visiting DCI, but Im glad I read your post first. Im glad you found a new stylist, and Im just wondering if he puts the hair in the same way DCI do, and how much he charged. I suffer from alopecia, and would really appreciate a method other than a wig.
tonim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2008 at 2:03pm

If you are intersted in a fishnet integration system done w microstitch, please email me at mystiquehairgrp@aol.com.

We have had inquiries as a  result of the message board and apologize for not being able to accomodate everyone. We are a small pvt shop, with only 2 techs( co owners). We do house calls and aim to accomodate everyone. However, unlike most companies, we only take on as many  clients as we can handle . We do not double book etc and will not bump appts . We take great pride in our work & are  very attentive to our clientele. If we do not think we can properly accomodate you or if e feel you are not a good fit for our company, we will  say so .. we never just take a client to get their $$
 Thankyou for your interest!

krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 9:23am
I sent them an email and was told that the Manhattan office was the closest to me. It does seem like an interesting process and undetectable to some degree however it is quite expensive and requires monthly maintenance. That’s more than I am prepared to get involved with and will stick to quick an easy sew ins lol

Edited by krimsa - April 28 2008 at 9:24am
spiredem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiredem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2008 at 11:23pm
I'm really interested in having this process done as well but my hairline is sensitive and thin and the last thing I need is more hair pulled out or painful spots!  I'm also on a tight budget but I am willing to invest what I can in a solution that will last!  Has anyone had this done without painfull pulling or hairloss?
I'm in Park Slope, Brooklyn. I can get to Manhattan easily but NJ is tough.  Suggestions?
stephh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2008 at 9:49pm
Hi Toni,
Been a client of DonCosa for a couple of years and I am not happy with their service. I know James and Stacy very well and you are right on the money! Going to consult with Vito Mazza. What do you think of Vito Mazza? Where is your salon? I would appreciate your help.
yorkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 9:00pm
Beach Bunny, who is doing your hair tightening now? We both had really bad experiences but you know that once you have the unit and it feels as if its your own hair, you can't go without it. I could never wake up without it and put on a wig. Lets talk. Can you e mail me privately.
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by yorkie yorkie wrote:

....Please be aware of people in this industry who can rob you blind. ... 

Oh man, Yorkie, I'm so sorry for what you had to go through. This quote is too true though and you are helping many by posting. I really hope you find future methods to work for you.

I am happy to hear Beachbunny is enjoying her Microdot unit. Thanks for updating us; many forget to do that.
Love clip-ins and tape!
yorkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 9:22pm

I had and still have the microdot hair integration. My hair is totally ruined. I lost hair all over and have bald spots in the whole crown area. I was told it was Russian hair and spent over 10,000 and the unit is now on the floor of my closet. They both have a way of taking you in. She has a great sales pitch and he acts like a "father" to you. I've been depressed for so long. I had to have another unit made unfortunately using the dot method again. Its constantly pulling on your hair. Once you get involved with Russian hair, you can't go back to anything else. It never tangles and is like silk. Please be aware of people in this industry who can rob you blind.

I wish that Hawaiian Hair Extensiolns was located in NYC. I would love to go up and just be able to pick out and order what would be the best hair for me. I love the hair site and gave me more knowledge of the Russian hair.

LdyApxr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LdyApxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2008 at 11:35am
Congrats BeachBunny!  I am glad that things are turning out better now.  I am loving my microlinks install that Metalgirl did for me and am so glad I did not go with GL's.  So any new pics?? 
BeachBunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2008 at 10:04am
Hello all, I just thought I would swing by and update you on my 2 months old install of the dots system. I have to say after all the drama and problems with the original company that installed it and the crappy job they did, since my new technician took over ( 2weeks after the original install) she has tweaked it to perfection. It is seamless and feels like its part of me. The maintenance is so easy, I hardly spend any time styling it. I dont have to worry about it blending with my own hair, it just does. Tightenings dont have to be so often, my personal preference is to get them sooner than suggested, but I hardly ever had a problem with them loosening up.
So overall I can call this a success story. I am very pleased with the system, and wouldnt trade it for any other ( I am soooo glad I am done with the GL bonds ).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2008 at 7:23am
Sourgirl,
 thanks for the suggestion ... wickedhair's wefts look really nice. I will keep them in mind . My stylist found me some really nice ones so hopefully they will do the job till my integrations come in. but thanks for sharing the info.
tonim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2008 at 6:44am
s for JA firing you (tonim) while on disability...that sounds like a law suit.

it was so many years ago... and i hold no ill will...they treated me well overall.
 i held a position there that they required to be filled while out on my 2nd disability... any co can fire you on disability if " they have an immediate need to fill the position " and that it causes hardship for the company
live & learn , right!!??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2008 at 9:11pm
Thats a good idea... unfortunatly most of us that got this type of system in our hair ... dont necessarily want the world to know... The ladies that get this done dont usually do it for vanity ( although I DO) they do it because they have a health issue or poor hair ... and they usually pay this amount for the world to think that its their own ... i think that is why they never really got exposed.
Everything i found is 22" inches.... my great lengths were 22" and were soooo long. supposedly what i got in is 22" and its so short so I dont get it ....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic