Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MICRO STITCH (DOTS)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
luvhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2008 at 3:20pm
The microdots sound nice.    I just wanted to post here and  let you know that there IS a seamless hair extension method (I do it for MANY clients)  where you attach hair with a cold fusion method .    The hair is produced as a weft but there is absolutely no bulk at the top near your scalp because the hair is held together by a very thin (usually polymer) base so the hair looks like it is growing from your scalp (I have it in my front bang area and on top because my hair is thinning and you can see any other extension method right through my hair up there .    Of course, because it is attached to your hair,  it needs to be removed and reapplied every so often but the hair can be reused.        
msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2008 at 1:57pm
Thanks for clarifying! Good luck with it...can't wait to see pics or at least hear how you like it!
BeachBunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2008 at 1:51pm
I think i induced you in error. Charlene does micropoints ( tiny little metal balls) she does that in cyberhair ( but that hair is synthetic and it only exists in 18" inches max)

The microdots are micro mini dots, they swore to me that it doesnt hurt. I think the poeple who complained might have been talking about hair blend or micro blends ( someone in Englewood NJ does that and there was some controversy about them so I never ended up calling them).
I am a bit reassured by the fact that microdots are used on poeple with scalp issues and health conditions causing hairloss or hair pulling, so I am assuming it was created with the idea of being comfortable and painless.

I hope i like it and its natural ( the price is exhorbitant) but i really hope it will relief me of my hair traumas.

I will let you know once its done: tomorrow night. and will try to post pictures if I can figure out how to get close enough to my scalp to show you what it looks like and get opinions on wether you can see it or not.

BeachBunny
msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2008 at 1:15pm
Please keep us updated on the micropoints. I was interested in this type of application as well before I got hooked on pinchbraids. There was a gal on this board that does them in Pennsylvania. ( too far from me) Her name is Charlene and the company was called CyberMane or CyberHair. The micropoints-- are they not little tiny silver bead type shells? I had read they attach like 5 or 6 hairs to each one.
Please give us updates on how it goes!
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2008 at 10:46am

I have heard of this company and basically they just anchor a hair integration piece on your head.  Some people complained that it hurt at the attachments that are anchored.

BeachBunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2008 at 8:50pm
Hello All,

I have been wearing great lengths extensions for more than 6 years now. I used to love this system but the camouflaging in the back of my head always made me self conscious. Not to go into details, I dye my hair and so the back of my head always has breakage and so it doesnt always blend in with my longer extensions.

I have been looking for something seamless ( which according to many extensionists in NYC  is impossible to find), until i saw somehting called hair on hair extensions ( supposed to take  days) some professionals claim to offer the service ( at a hefty price) but when you approach them they try to sell you a different system and discourage you from doing the hair on hair ( so its a wonder if they even know how to do it...)

Finally i came accross DONCOSAimages.com which offers MICRODOTS, its usually used for poeple who are bolding and tricho...something ( sorry not sure what the correct name is).
I dont have either of the conditions I dont have balding issues I just want long even layers and I dont want to see my little chunks of hair on top .
Seems like the perfect solution, looks like a spiderweb with beautiful hair attached to it which they sew in with a hair like thread and voila.
Supposedly indetectable to the eye or the touch. I must admit sounds a whole lot better than great lengths ( personally im sick of having this plasticy bonds in my hair, no matter how thin my stylist makes them).

I just put a huge deposit on the micropoints ( some other salon calls it blending ) and I wanted to know if anyone has had it done and if they are happy with it.

The initial price is very expensive for a full head, but it promises possibilities other extensions cannot ( putting your hair up, create invisible bangs etc...) this is supposedly what many celebs wear ( many of them are ethnic beauties, I however am caucasian .

any feedback on those???

im getting this done in 2 days, im very excited to get my Great lengths taken out ( i havent been without them for over 6 years) and I think i have come to my wit ends with them... im sick and tired of worrying about them being visible or my husband or daughters playing with  and touching my hair and saying how yucky it feels to touch  foreign objects on my scalp)

so initially very expensive but they can last for 3 years and maintenance is every 6 weeks ( $125)

it also allows me not to color my hair since its on the scalp it camouflages the roots and i probably wont have to blow dry it straight either since the hair is straight russian hair.

I appreciate any comments good or bad ... just testing unknown waters and hoping for some clarity from all of you wise members.

Thanks

BeachBunny Star

Edited by BeachBunny - January 21 2008 at 10:17am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic