Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MICRO STITCH (DOTS)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
tonim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 2:36pm
I hope I am wrong too, but I'm not....
I agree that "time will tell" .... email me in  3-6mos and let me know what you think then... ok?
I wish you luck & lotsa good hair days!!
ps : do yourself a favor and dont let on like you have alot of $$ when u are there...they will bleed you dry
alanag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 2:41pm
will do, I will let you know how it goes.
TG
BeachBunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 2:55pm
Toni, you are right about that. I made that mistake with my previous hairstylist and he would end up replacing 5 extensions and charging me 120 bucks  ... Definitely something to watch out for. However Im not gollible... I will smell it the minute it happens if I feel my wallet is being taken advantage of. Besides : I work in the entertainment/Fashion business, I can give someone very bad press the same way I can very good press :)
So far, they've been great and caring --- Maybe things have changed since you were working there ?

Will definitely keep all of you posted.
My advise so far : STAY AWAY from GL extensions ... a system I AM NOT NEW to, I have had it for 6 years ... your hair will never grow healthy ( it will grow but not healthy).
Dont let poeple tell you otherwise.

Edited by BeachBunny - January 16 2008 at 7:01pm
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 3:26pm
Tonim, do you have pictures of what it looks like? Or can you describe it? I'm still kind of fuzzy on what the method is. 

alanag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 5:05pm
Hi Tonim,
how can you be reached if I am interested in having you perform the procedure? Also, I am concerned that the procedure will take out what is left of my hair line. Woeul you receommend it for peoplw with thin hair line?
TG
sourgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sourgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 5:40pm
Maybe its me because of no luck with the extensions but this procedure sounds very complicated and costly.
Currant method Hair locs.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 5:59pm
Sourgirl its def. Costly ... I have no choice but to have extensions right now and this was definitely the nicest system. Hair drama should have been my screen name
sourgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sourgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by BeachBunny BeachBunny wrote:

Sourgirl its def. Costly ... I have no choice but to have extensions right now and this was definitely the nicest system. Hair drama should have been my screen name

Keep us posted on how things are going over the next few months

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 6:56pm
I will Sour Girl. And let us know what to choose to do next . You have no extensions at all right now, correct?
sourgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sourgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by BeachBunny BeachBunny wrote:

I will Sour Girl. And let us know what to choose to do next . You have no extensions at all right now, correct?

Nope just straggly hair, I have a consultation for hair locs tomm, i tried short to long before which did not stay, i hear good things about hair locs and I had no damage from short to long.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 7:05pm

Ah I know about straggly hair : thats a GL SPECIAL Angryarms

I never heard of hairlocs ... is it visible ?
tonim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 7:37pm
Hi!!
 honestly, it will destroy your hairline  very quickly if it is very fine to begin with.... we have women that have done it for  many , many years and havevfinally have to go to a bonded type of hair system because they no longer have a hairline & no longer want to be locked into a heavy bang and no part....
We often anchor it on both sides of the hair line and leave the  middle free  or use a small clip temporarily so that it can have a chance to regenerate or simply to keep it healhty... you def. have to be careful  with the hairline
tonim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 7:45pm
Small little anchors/dots are sewn all  around the perimeter of the area to be ciovered with the unit....
then a piece made of fine fishnet covered with hair is placed on the head and attached to the ancors with a fine thread...
your own hair is pulled thru the squares of the netting

a fullflat part is not possible  if you are wearing a fullhead.. meaning the top of yourhead is covered with the piece...
you can use your own part and achieve only length by wearing a horseshoe or a piece that goes fr temple to temple around the back of the head
alanag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 7:49pm
Thanks for being honest. It seems like the best option to restore my hairline is a transplant.  The last thing I need is something destryoing what is left.

Microdots and sequencing sounded too good to be true but hoped I was wrong. I guess not.
TG
sourgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sourgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by alanag alanag wrote:

Thanks for being honest. It seems like the best option to restore my hairline is a transplant.  The last thing I need is something destryoing what is left.

Microdots and sequencing sounded too good to be true but hoped I was wrong. I guess not.

I was reading it and I have never heard of it before, and believe me i research alot. It sounds very complicated to me and with all the hair drama I had im scared of everything.
Sofiaone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofiaone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 8:28pm
Beachbunny- what didn't you like about GL? did you have a full head replacement every 10-12 weeks? b/c that is what is recommended and not a few strands each time. How many strands did you have?

ALs0----regarding microdots....i thought it was similar to the micropoint system where you can have 1 strand of your hair attached to 4 of theirs. Or you can use the micropoint accents where they use beads with 100 hairs on them to attach to yours.

Hairlocs are basically metal/copper tubes that are crimped to your hair with an extension hair inserted. I am sure Tangles can explain it better since it is what she specializes in and also there is info posted in references section on it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2008 at 9:40am
Sofiaone, thanks for explaining the other systems. I used to love great lengths. I had mine replaced every 10-12 weeks, but also every other week or so,i would have a few replaced where my hair is short and were showing after growth spurs.

The quality of the hair used to be fantastic years ago but lately it has been plain ugly and also i find them to be damaging no matter what. Not a good system for poeple looking to grow their own hair at some point
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2008 at 10:33am
I have done a similiar method for years like this!  I make a base of micro rings around the perimeter of the person's head (or balding area) and then sew on a hairpiece.  This is nothing new.

It has ok results, but in general, people with thinning hair is more fragile and tends to no be able to strand up to the tension.

I sew on wefts using a micro ring base too and it can break hair over time if the hair is fragile.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2008 at 9:36am
Metal Girl, im no hair professional but what i have in my hair right now sounds nothing like your method. Probably the same concept to some technical extend but visually probably doesnt look anything like it ( there are no micro rings and it doesnt involve a hairpiece. I think you are right about the sewing causing breakage overtime, anything we do to our hair is always going to do more damage than not do anything. However the method i have in my hair is a lot less stressful on the hair cuticle and even the scalp than the bonds i had.

I also have to clarify something: i have checked out TONIM and I must say: she is legitimate. I had to look into her claims due to the amount of money I have just spent at the establishment she previously worked at, and the potential expenses i would have had if I didnt listen to her.

Turns out, she is very professional, she was telling the truth about everything she said and she is gifted. I decided to trust her and i have to say she rectified a bunch of issues I had with the system .

She does know how this system works and she did the same excact thing only she was gentler and she listened to me.

I believe she saved my hairline from hairloss ( it would have happened overtime) she actually released the top part of my head since I have lots of hair on my scalp and there was no need for that piece up there.

Im recommanding her, and I might be in hot water for making this switch but i believe it is the right thing to do and it is only fair to her and others that have been reading my posts to be informed.

I would like to thank Toni for her efforts and running to help me on such short notice.

BeachBunny
sourgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sourgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2008 at 9:56am

Hmmmmmmmm.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic