Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Waves disappearing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Killacamballa7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Killacamballa7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waves disappearing?
    Posted: January 10 2008 at 3:46pm
I got a hair cut last saturday and my waves looked iight. I waited a day before i washed my hair and after I washed it, my waves looked the same I thought. The next day I went to church and all my friends were saying that my waves look less deep, and it was harder to see them. Today I looked in the mirror and I saw that my top was harder to see and that was the best part of my waves.

Does anyone have an explanation to this cuz i would like to prevent it from happening again?
*Stacks on deck rubbabands caint hold dem*
Gristyle View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
King of Waves, 360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gristyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2008 at 5:01pm
Use a medium or hard brush
[IMG]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/Gristyle/84497587_l.gif" />
I eat waves like cake
360 DEEP!
wave connection View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
360 Wave Vet and HB All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2008 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by wave connection wave connection wrote:

This is the unabridged version of my after haircut washing theory.  

I don't recommend washing your hair after you get a haircut.  There are two main reasons why I say this.  First, you should wash your hair before you get a cut so that it is clean and free of products.  Since you should wash your hair prior to your cut, washing it afterwards is redundant and pulls out more of your hair's natural oils that its trying to reproduce.  That's also why I don't recommend over-washing.  Second, by not washing your hair right after you get a cut, you allow your haircut and your new length wave pattern to set in.  This is especially true if you do not have a strong base wave pattern.  Even if you have a strong wave pattern, you will lose some defintion if you immediately wash your hair after a cut.  I recommend brushing off the loose hairs with a soft brush, adding a moisturizer or small amount of pomade, if desired, followed by brushing and putting on a durag or wave cap, if possible.  After a couple of days, your hair cut and its pattern should be set and then it should be okay to wash. Also, note that you should use warm to semi-hot water, but not scolding hot, to wash your hair.  The warm to semi-hot water opens your hair's pores and allows your hair follicles and attached strands to relax causing your waves to lay down better while shower brushing.  It's the same concept that spas use for opening up your face's pores when they place a warm towel on it.  After you finish shower brushing apply a small amount of cool water to your head to allow your pores to re-close.  Then apply a moisturizer or pomade, if needed, and continue brushing.

Remember:  After a haircut, be in a rush to brush, but don't prematurely wash.

Edited by wave connection - January 10 2008 at 5:11pm
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2008 at 5:17pm
Dub-c's washing theory should help you
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2008 at 7:21pm
Thats why I said I dont wash my hair for at least 3 days after a cut so that nothing like this happens, the lower the cut the longer the wait if you want to maintain your definition that is.

Waves(2001-Present)
southrap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southrap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2008 at 1:10am
yeah, i found that out the hard way multiple times.  now when i get a low cut i don't even wet my hair for damn near 4 days
Killacamballa7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Killacamballa7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 12:44pm
yeah that makes sense but like durin the 4 days you dont wet your hair, what should you do instead?
*Stacks on deck rubbabands caint hold dem*
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic