Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a few colouring questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
st2826 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote st2826 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a few colouring questions
    Posted: January 12 2008 at 4:19am
Hi everyone, my first post! new

Ive currently got mid brown hair and im wanting to dye it black and purple but am a bit unsure about my options.

Ive got my hairdresser friend coming to do the bleach and purple colour but she says she wont do the black as it will take too long to "lift out" with the bleach.
So i will have to do it a few days before the bleaching (her advice) or i could do it after the bleach and colour,
wHich do you think would be the best option?

Also, i cant decide how to have the colour, either large chunks or colour or the underneath purple with the top black.
Is there a professional name for these two types of colouring so i can find pictures to show my hairdresser, i dont know what to ask for LOL

My last question Wink
What company makes the best long-lasting purple dye?

Thanks for listening to my ramblings Thumbs%20Up

julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2008 at 6:18pm
 welcome
I'm not sure what advice to give you,but I would do what your friend/hair dresser suggests.I do know your friend is right about black being too hard to lift.
About whether or not to do chunks,that all depends on your personal preference.
Sorry,I have no clue what is the best purple dye.But I'm sure someone here might.
r4ch3l View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r4ch3l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2008 at 6:34pm
a friend of mine uses Raw Purple Passion  and it works really well

avoid manic panic, beyond the zone, and color fiend

try special effects ( = <3 )     
jasminepie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasminepie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2008 at 7:39pm
I had red chunks done to my hair...i found the best haircolor...believe it or not...HOT TOPIC has the best color...it last long and when it starts fading out it doesnt look too bad...at least for mine...It went from red to like a burgundy then to a magenta color...I dont knowhow purple will do but I hope this helps... 
PerfectBrunette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PerfectBrunette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 1:28am
Don't dye your hair black after bleaching it if you care about the condition of your hair. Dying hair black is already going to be a big comittment because black dye is very hard to get out. (You could try a color remover, however like Color Oops or Colorzap but it will probably take more than one application.)

If you bleach your hair before dying it black, this is exposing your hair to more unnecessary stress and damage. If you must have the black, make sure your hair dresser only bleaches the hair that will be dyed purple and just as much as is necessary. I think underneath would look cute for the purple. You may want to consider a dark chocolate brown rather than black. Black is not flattering to most skin tones. I've dyed my hair this color before and really regretted it.
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 8:56pm
I agree just bleach the parts you want colored and then dye the rest. I did this... i had blue streaks (i used fudge) and I had already dyed my hair sable cove months back and lifted using a frosting kit... it worked for me... and my hair was fine...
~* Bambi Lee *~
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 8:57pm
I'd do the underside purple, i think that be cool.......
~* Bambi Lee *~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic