Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Braids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Leona2025 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leona2025 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Braids
    Posted: January 16 2008 at 10:37pm
Ok so my braid person does the best braids for me. She doesn't braid really tight and it doesn't even really hurt after the braidings done. I had cornrows in the front and freestyle braids in the back and it was really pretty. So my hair was braided for about 8 to 10 weeks with  rebraiding done for the cornrows every two weeks.  I'm taking the braids down now. I wanted to get my hair rebraided, but I read that the hair needs to rest for two weeks before rebraiding. Is that true? I don't want a perm so I want to know some curly hair styles that will look nice until I rebraid. I like straw sets but the curls are too small. Anyone have curly hair pics?
jean32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jean32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2008 at 9:57pm

Braids left in too long could cause breakage or thinning and cornrows left in too long can cause traction alopecia.

Edited by jean32 - January 17 2008 at 10:01pm
LILDEE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LILDEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2008 at 5:43pm
Look sweetie if you get relaxers do not leave a long gap between your relaxers. Thats a big NO NO. When you take them out wait a few days and then get your relaxer.
http://members.fotki.com/Lil-may/about/ God is good!!!
Unregistered Guest View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2009 at 2:22am

Braiding is one of the best method for creating curly hair. For getting useful tips for braid hairstyle you can browse this website http://www.2homeremedies.com/hairstyles/braid-hairstyles.htm 

HairStans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2010 at 11:32pm
Yes, you need to really wait. The hair is very fragile after being braided & you need to let it wash, because too much on it, like braiding or perming too soon will cause the hair to breakoff.
www.MyWigsAndWeaves.com
maha22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maha22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2010 at 12:28am
if your hair is brushed out with no knots or anything, putting braids in your hair shouldn't be a problem. It's like putting your hair in a ponytail. I've never heard of losing hair because of braids. the only minute danger could possibly come from the elastic you use to put your hair up: hair can get wrapped around it and when you try to pull the elastic out, some hairs can snap. I put my hair in braids all the time, simply to keep it from getting knotted up while I sleep. Don't worry about it. Braids are one of the simplest, most harmless things you can do to your hair, right up there with brushing it. Seriously, it's not a problem.
==================
Insurance | Accident Insurance
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic