Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

do you think I can do it? - 1 YEAR LATER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2008 at 9:07am
I'm not a pro, okay, so I don't know everything for sure, but I've never heard of a product that was good to leave on for an hour and 20 minutes.  Everything I've ever seen has done about all its going to do in 45 minutes or less.  So, your scalp got burnt.

Your ends probably got dry because when it was being washed out it was running over them and that was probably enough to remove any conditioner you had built up on your ends that was keeping them smooth feeling.  Condition 2 or 3 times next time you wash, this should help.

Don't worry about your lost half inch.  Hair normally grows a half inch a month, and depending on where you are in your cycle, that may even happen in 2 weeks.  I agree, it sucks she took it off in the first place, and I hope you mentioned to her that a half inch trim is not a dusting.  I'd say you could probably tell her that and then trust her for trims next time, since she sounds somewhat careful about the trimming, but if she burnt your scalp, you probably don't want to go back to her anyway.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
30isthenewblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30isthenewblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2008 at 9:27pm
Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous. It looks like Christina Aguilera's hair when she has hair extensions but of course, your hair is real ... barmy I'm a bit concerned about the stylist leaving the hair colour for an hour and a half. I had my hair coloured the other day and they only left the semi permanent in my hair for twenty minutes. If you have reservations at the hairdresser, you need to speak up. I've been to hairdressers where you pay a certain price for a senior hairdresser and they do a consultation but your hair is looked after by an apprentice who may be looking after a few heads of hair. I suggest that you do question them next time and always keep an eye on the time yourself and insist on someone rinsing it out at the alloted time. It's better to be forceful than spend a year being regretful you didn't speak up.
www.30isthenewblack.com
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by savyy savyy wrote:

... then I go in for my monthly apointment to get my roots done... she left the dye in for an hour and 20 mins, she said it stops working after a while but I swear my head feels like crap. not too much has been falling out or anything but my scalp feels burnt ...

Savyy, next time you go, wear a watch.  Ask how long the dye should stay on, and keep her to it.  If time (plus 1 minute) has come and gone and she's not around, call out for her.  If she was professional she wouldn't need to be reminded that it's time to wash out the dye, but since she's shown she doesn't have the discipline, you'll have to manage her.
savyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2008 at 10:52pm

so it's been a little while... I've finaly got an update pic too plus an older one for reference:

I've also converted to doing my roots myself, a scary risk to take but I've done them twice now and it's turned out quite alright. Hair feels like it's getting longer!

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2008 at 12:28am
Looks great. Nice job.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2008 at 7:12am
It does look good!  Considering you dye it, you are getting lots of length and your ends look great!  And congrats on finding a good dye to do your roots yourself, that saves SOOO much money!
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
savyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2008 at 12:33pm
oh deffinately! and not only that...  but I can do it whenever! I've had so many times in the past where I couldn't get my roots done before a big event. thanks for the compliments :) I havn't had a trim in about 2 months, the last 2 inches of my hair feel kinda dry but it doesnt really look it. I've been using belle color 110
tani-lai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tani-lai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2008 at 10:31am
It looks gorgeous!

31"!!
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2008 at 8:54am
It looks longer and fuller to me. Thumbs%20Up Looks great!
savyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2008 at 12:20pm
thanks everyone :) makes me feel great, I never thought I could get it healthy like this again. it was still half wet in the picture, it looks a lot blonder when it's dry... I can also tell just how much better it is when I go outside in the sun, it's crazy white shiny! yay :)
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2008 at 4:22pm
     I'm a guy-- I can say it, Sav-- it's HOT! Clap Congratulations! Bob
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2008 at 6:59am
Well Bob...  I'm a gal and I can say it too!!!!

Savyy's hair is HAWT!!! Heart

LOL
savyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2008 at 11:44pm
hey everyone.... update!

so for about a month my hair was falling out like craaaazzzzyyyy, like never before had I experianced such fallout. sad thing was, it was from the root, and virtually no breakage. baaaahhh!!

surprisingly however, hair doesn't feel too much thinner. and I lost A LOT of hair, so much I cried a few times (i know...) it's been a couple weeks since the crazy hair fall, hair is still comming out a bit more than usual but nothing scary like before. started taking a multivitamin and eating healtheir, etc, etc.

hair deffinately feels longer, and the health of it feels great too. I'll probably be going in for a small trim too but don't even really need it. just wanna tidy-up a bit.

this time, it's a from the side pic... only one I really have of just my hair currently.

ps. been using jojoba oil with my conditioner and started pre-conditioning now that my hair is getting longer, has been working GREAT! possibly going to try coconut oil, anyone had any luck with this?

paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2008 at 9:33am
Looks gorgeous! Love the color and it doesn't look thin to me at all. I just started using coconut oil. I love it. I use it as a leave-in after washing. It makes my hair so soft and brings out my waves.
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2008 at 8:37pm
Your hair is beautiful and very healthy looking!  score010
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2008 at 11:57am
When I used to lighten my hair to white, it fell out a whole lot, from the root. Just a side effect of chemicals.  Even after 6 years of lightening it though, it never added up to a noticeable amount of loss

I too use coconut and like it.

Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 7:00pm

Your hair is really pretty and you are doing a great job with the color.

Just a ? for you.  Have you recently stopped taking birth control or just recently went on it?  Sometimes the pill can play havoc with your hair causing hair loss. 
savyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2009 at 7:17pm
Hey everyone, since it has almost been a year since I first posted this (january 22, 2008) I figured it was time for an update!

Here's my current length, I havn't had a trim in 2 months but I've got no split ends so... meh! I plan to grow it out even more, with some trims etc. I'd like it to be full and thick at this length. It could use some more thickness at the ends but it's deffinately not stringy or anything :) Thanks everyone. I'm also still doing my own roots as well :)

Here's some more pics from throughout the year as well as the last one being current. There are also more pictures in the thread :)

1)after my first trim in january 2008 from initial picture post.
2)march 2008
3)january 2009 - current
30isthenewblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30isthenewblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2009 at 9:38pm
I love progress pics! Your hair looks so long and healthy. I love the colour!
www.30isthenewblack.com
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2009 at 9:50pm

yourhott.jpg%20Your%20extremely%20hot%20image%20by%20XxQottaLubbDatDollyxX

Love your hair!!!  You should send your pic to Hugh.  He loves girls with long, light blond hair.  I hear he is looking for some new girlfriends :O)  This is off topic but "The Girls Next Door" is a guilty pleasure of mine. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic