Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

do you think I can do it? - 1 YEAR LATER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
savyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2008 at 12:33pm
oh deffinately! and not only that...  but I can do it whenever! I've had so many times in the past where I couldn't get my roots done before a big event. thanks for the compliments :) I havn't had a trim in about 2 months, the last 2 inches of my hair feel kinda dry but it doesnt really look it. I've been using belle color 110
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2008 at 7:12am
It does look good!  Considering you dye it, you are getting lots of length and your ends look great!  And congrats on finding a good dye to do your roots yourself, that saves SOOO much money!
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2008 at 12:28am
Looks great. Nice job.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
savyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2008 at 10:52pm

so it's been a little while... I've finaly got an update pic too plus an older one for reference:

I've also converted to doing my roots myself, a scary risk to take but I've done them twice now and it's turned out quite alright. Hair feels like it's getting longer!

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by savyy savyy wrote:

... then I go in for my monthly apointment to get my roots done... she left the dye in for an hour and 20 mins, she said it stops working after a while but I swear my head feels like crap. not too much has been falling out or anything but my scalp feels burnt ...

Savyy, next time you go, wear a watch.  Ask how long the dye should stay on, and keep her to it.  If time (plus 1 minute) has come and gone and she's not around, call out for her.  If she was professional she wouldn't need to be reminded that it's time to wash out the dye, but since she's shown she doesn't have the discipline, you'll have to manage her.
30isthenewblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30isthenewblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2008 at 9:27pm
Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous. It looks like Christina Aguilera's hair when she has hair extensions but of course, your hair is real ... barmy I'm a bit concerned about the stylist leaving the hair colour for an hour and a half. I had my hair coloured the other day and they only left the semi permanent in my hair for twenty minutes. If you have reservations at the hairdresser, you need to speak up. I've been to hairdressers where you pay a certain price for a senior hairdresser and they do a consultation but your hair is looked after by an apprentice who may be looking after a few heads of hair. I suggest that you do question them next time and always keep an eye on the time yourself and insist on someone rinsing it out at the alloted time. It's better to be forceful than spend a year being regretful you didn't speak up.
www.30isthenewblack.com
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2008 at 9:07am
I'm not a pro, okay, so I don't know everything for sure, but I've never heard of a product that was good to leave on for an hour and 20 minutes.  Everything I've ever seen has done about all its going to do in 45 minutes or less.  So, your scalp got burnt.

Your ends probably got dry because when it was being washed out it was running over them and that was probably enough to remove any conditioner you had built up on your ends that was keeping them smooth feeling.  Condition 2 or 3 times next time you wash, this should help.

Don't worry about your lost half inch.  Hair normally grows a half inch a month, and depending on where you are in your cycle, that may even happen in 2 weeks.  I agree, it sucks she took it off in the first place, and I hope you mentioned to her that a half inch trim is not a dusting.  I'd say you could probably tell her that and then trust her for trims next time, since she sounds somewhat careful about the trimming, but if she burnt your scalp, you probably don't want to go back to her anyway.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
savyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2008 at 12:21am

I hate when this happens... my hairs been great recently, no shedding issues, looks full and long, virtually no splits. then I go in for my monthly apointment to get my roots done... she left the dye in for an hour and 20 mins, she said it stops working after a while but I swear my head feels like crap. not too much has been falling out or anything but my scalp feels burnt and my hair feels dry down to the tips! (even tho she only did the roots) I also made the mistake and asked her to "dust" the ends which normally I can't even tell she's done but this time she took off half an inch :( which personaly I dont think I needed that much off at all.... I'm pretty bummed out, my bf says my hair looks great and long still but I miss that half an inch more than I should... anyways I'm just ranting. I'll post a pic soon. boo

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2008 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by savyy savyy wrote:

thanks for your support, hair seems to have stopped shedding so much ...yay :)

YAY! Clap

Also, sometimes we go through cycles when shedding inexplicably increases; sometimes this seems to occur after high levels of stress endured. Ouch
savyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 1:12pm
thanks for your support, hair seems to have stopped shedding so much ...yay :)
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2008 at 9:31pm
I concur with Susan.  I go through various shedding phases where I seem to lose quite a bit of hair, then it subsides for awhile.

I've found several things that help, especially silica (horsetail herb) and massaging the scalp with the fingertips, for about a minute each day.  I take additional supplements, which also seem to help minimize fallout, including Saw Palmetto, HairTopia herbal plus, biotin, and zinc.

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2008 at 8:58am
A satin pillowcase may really help if you're having problems with hair pulling out.  Whether you sleep with it pulled back or down, it will help your head slide over the pillow without tension.

I'll say again if I hadn't said it before though, your hair really doesn't look thin at all in your pictures.  You may be worrying about something no one else can even see.  Remember that its normal to lose up to 100 hairs a day.  When hair is long, that really looks like a lot of hair, but its normal.

savyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 12:01am
feeling down about thinness lately.... felt like my hair was shedding for a month straight and now its finally stopped. sometimes I don't know if it's best to sleep with it in a loose scrunchy at night, or just leave it down... because sometimes when I wear it up too much it feels thin from it, but when its down at night wouldnt I be doing more damage?

boo :( no hair update pics cuz I feel like crap. I'm gonna sleep with it down for the week, see if I feel any better. I'm due for a trim at the middle of may, so thats when I'll most likely post an update pic.
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 2:47pm

You have great hair!  Keep taking good care of it.  And do tell us when you're feeling down about it.  These people have been wonderful to lift me up at times like that.

sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
savyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 11:25am
thanks everyone :) its a week later and like I said, I feel way better about the thickness issue already. as for my goal length, I want it to my lower back... I think I have 4-6 more inches to go now, and above all I want it healthy and thick down to there. so I'll be having a few trims in between. hopefully by the end of this year I'll be at my goal! yay! thanks for your help and support.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 7:53pm
Belated greetings, welcome to the forum Tanya!

Thank you for sharing your story and photographs.  It looks like your hair has made definite progress.  Lucky you with the fast-growing hair (helps absolve a lot of "sins").  Hang in there when you're feeling down.  Come here to commiserate -- we've all had our moments when growing towards our goals.  And FWIW, I think you could grow your hair really long -- if you wanted to.

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 8:46am
It looks great still, and even healthier in the latest photo.  You must be taking very good care of it.

I get like that about mine too.  Sometimes I don't like it, other times I like it a lot.  Sometimes I just want to dye it, others I'm glad I didn't. 

Dyeing hair usually causes some hair loss from the root, but it probably doesn't look as thin as you feel like it looks (it doesn't look thin at all in your photos).  So, even though you know it is thinner than before, no one else can tell.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 8:25pm
Looks great. As paper asked what is your goal?
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 10:17am
Looks great Savyy! Thumbs%20Up

What is your goal?
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 4:11pm
     Oh yeah, it is surprisingly longer, Savvy! It's looking super. Shocked Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic