Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

80's bangs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jenweaver View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenweaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 80's bangs
    Posted: March 19 2000 at 2:25pm
I went to a new hair salon this past week and believe it or not the girl cutting my hair had "mall bangs" just as high as I had back in
middle school (in 1990)! I didn't want to embarass her by telling her that that hair style was "out" for the past 10 years, so I just
asked her what kind of hairspray she used. This eventually led into an 80s hair discussion, in which she mentioned that she used to
have REALLY high hair in the late 80s. (she's saying this with a straight face and vertical bangs about 4 " poofed straight up!!) I
asked her if I could touch them when i was leaving and sure enough, they were as hard as mine were 10 years ago. Deja vu!

Does anyone else see hair like this these days? I was really shocked to see bangs like that, although in middle school 95% of the
girls I knew had bangs poofed up like that. Does anyone else remember this hairstyle or was it just a New York kind of thing?
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2000 at 9:10am
It was everywhere! I had fine hair that just would NOT hold that claw-hammer swoop, and it depressed me to no end.

I remember my mother freaking out because my girlfriends sprayed their bangs with hairspray while they were still wrapped around a scorching curling iron!

Ally
kt8t View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kt8t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2000 at 2:49pm
Okay, my question to you is . . .

why did you let that girl cut your hair??!! Obviously her idea of style is a bit oudated. I hope it turned out ok!

btw, I had big 80's hair too, but instead of the big tall bangs (aka "garden weasel" head), I had the "cobra head" look, where the sides were sprayed straight out and I looked like a king cobra poised to strike. hehehe, what were we thinking!!!????

kt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic