Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ideas to involve fiance in hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honeystrands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeystrands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ideas to involve fiance in hair
    Posted: February 07 2008 at 8:53pm
I'm getting married soon and want my fiance to feel like he can do anything with my hair. It's a little longer than shoulder length, blond, and full. I think he's up for anything in the intimacy realm, I just don't know how to ask or what to ask for. It would be easier if HE was the one who was all gung ho, hair wise.

Do you have any ideas to help me? How could I gently ease us toward mutual hair washing, combing, brushing, and really enjoy it? Someday I'd even like to have him trim my hair. That just seems so sexy--to trust someone that much with something that is "our femininity," you know?
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2008 at 12:54pm
I think the best route is just to tell him directly what would make you happy.  (Most partners are willing to do something if it's easy like that and will make you happy.)  Smile when you say it, and say please.  Good luck!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2008 at 12:59pm
Well if i was you i would wait until after your wedding just in case something goes wrong and you end up with a short back and sides on your wedding day.

If you just want to get the ball rolling then when you have a bath with him, sit behind him and wash his hair, but then carry onto the rest of his body Wink. When you have finished you can say to him it's your turn to be pampered next time. This is good for 2 reasons, firstly he will feel obliged to do it back to you and secondly it make you hair intimate and sexy along with everything else.

Then for the next step maybe moan that you need the ends trimmed, but the hairdresser cost a lot for something so easy, then give him a cheeky smile and semi jokingly suggest he could do it. From this you can gauge his interest and confidence. He may be wanting to do it but is worried like you what you would think. You never know he may say not a problem and suggest trying something more adventurous.  Just have an agreement if it goes wrong, do not blame the other just go to a hairdressers to correct it and learn from any mistakes.

or

You could just asking staight out and say you find hair very sensual and would love for him to cut your hair. I think you might be pleasantly surprised.

Does he like playing with your hair when you are together or is it something he hardly ever does?

You say your hair is shoulder length, but what style do you have? Is it an easy style to trim? If not then maybe go for a more one length style (a bob) so he does not find to challenging and build it up from there.  What would you like him to do to your hair if anything was possibly?Smile

Do you want to cut his hair too? If so what is his hair like and what do you want to do to it?

All the Best
Snipette

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeystrands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2008 at 8:13pm
I think your suggestions are excellent. Thank you for them. I like your phrasing that hair seems very sensual to me...

Thing is, he doesn't touch my hair that much now. For some reason, I feel so shy to bring up the subject, maybe because it IS so sensual for me. My hair is a couple inches longer than my shoulders, and all one length, with just a bit of layers on the ends so it lays nicely. I part my hair on the side and sweep it over to one side, and I cut the "bangs" (myself) to mid-cheek, which turned out to be a great idea, because it lays so nicely against my cheek instead of curling around my collar.

My hair has its share of natural waves, which gives it a fullness (on a humid day, some frizz too).

I don't know, maybe I just need to go get a comb, sit down in front of him while he watches t.v. and ask him if he'd comb through it a few times, and just work my way from there. I just would love it if he would WANT to do it.

I heard once about a couple who washed each other's hair every Friday night for their 30 year marriage. I think that sounds intimate and nice.
Any other ideas?
Yes, I'd like to trim his hair too...he has a head-full of beautiful gray hair. No receding hairline, thick hair, really ideal...

You asked what I would LIKE him to do if anything was possible:I'd like him to have his hands in it when we're at the movies, at church, and to brush it before sleep...to relax himself by brushing it...and to just want to PLAY with it, like he needs the stroking or gentle pulling or running his fingers through it to relax. Later I would like him to trim it.

Am I wanting too much?
ConFrazzled View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConFrazzled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2008 at 11:52pm
I faced a similar situation with my boy, though I don't know if I'd be comfortable with him trimming . . .  I love it when people play with my hair, and it means so much more if it's someone that close to me.  We got onto it by sitting on the courch, watching the movie, and I started braiding it to get it out of the way, and I asked if he knew how to braid.  He said he didn't, and that was it--he had to learn.  Of course, it took a few lessons, but by then--once he realized that I wasn't worried about him screwing it up--he was pretty comfortable playing with it.

I don't think that you want too much.  You might want to ease into it a little but with a few strategic hints on your part he's sure to get the message.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeystrands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2008 at 7:09pm
That's a good idea.

Do you ever have girlfriends that come over and you play with each other's hair? I can't believe there's not something like a Tupperware Party for hair where you can try on different kinds of cute hairpieces and experiment with hair products and equipment. Wouldn't that be a fun party? Is there such a thing but I've just never heard of it?
ConFrazzled View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConFrazzled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 3:30am
I always play with certain friends' hair when we have sleepovers or camping trips.  Not so much in recent years, but occasionally.  I never thought of a party like that, but that would be a lot of fun!  I wonder if they do exist, and where I could sign up for one . . .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeystrands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 12:37pm
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who would like such a party. Actually, I am trying to figure out how to get a pro to fit me with some cute hair pieces to wear just for fun. I want really good matches to my hair and I want someone to spend time with me to show me how to get them in right. Where do you go for something like this? I live in a small town and we don't have any such shops. Do hair stylists sometimes specialize in these for their clients?
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2008 at 5:55pm
In your post of 11th Feb you are asking are you wanting too much. the answer is definately NO you are not. I think your idea of getting him to brush it is a good one, or sit on the floor in front of him and as him to rub your neck as it feels a little stiff. Then get him to move up to the base of the skull. In rubbing your neck like that her will also have to touch your hair. He may just start playing with it. If not just casually comment on how nice it feels when he touches your hair. If his response is positive just ask him to stroke it while you both watch tv.

Let us know how things process.

All the best
Snipette
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2008 at 8:06am
There are those kiosks at malls - many malls have ones that sell fake hairpieces.  Often the workers at the kiosks are very active in trying to get customers to come over, and I'm sure if you find one with an employee who is active in that, they would be happy to help you find ones that match your hair and help you try them on.  
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 4:46pm
Honeystrands,

Have you had any break throughs yet? How are things going?

Cheers
S
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic