Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

blonde to this Jennifer Anniston pic, Help!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unregistered Guest View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: blonde to this Jennifer Anniston pic, Help!!
    Posted: February 08 2008 at 1:26pm

Hi.  I am new to this board and have a million questions!!  My friend (who is a professional hairstylist) is going to "try" to get my hair to look like this pic.  I have long thick hair that is blonde  and damaged.  Last time we bleached it, some of the ends broke off and some of the blondes turned an ugly orange color.....I have left it alone for two months, but I can't stand my roots and I need to do something.
Is there something I can do to get it ready to color?  Do I need to deep condition first use a clarifying solution, etc? 
I want her to dye it all a honey brown/blonde then add the highlights.  Is that a good route to go? 
should she have it wet or dry when she dyes it? 
Also, I know that my hair really grabs color, and I've tried to go honey/blonde/brown before and ended up with this really dark brown color with black strands in it....
so how do we decide on the right colors to use?  I know she's a professional, but I've had so many bad color jobs from various hairstylists, and she is my friend, so I'm trying not to hurt her feelings, so I am trying to educate myself a little bit and see if I can help pick the right colors to use.  We are using Redken.  We are going to the beauty supply store together to get the colors.  Is there a specific Redken color "type" I should look for?  Sorry for all the questions.  So excited I found this board.  Tired of my hair looking so scary!!
Thanks in advance!! 
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2008 at 2:29pm
Be careful...once hair is damaged there is no way to fix it.  I'd suggest working with the part that has grown in and leaving the ends alone.  Without a pic it's hard to say what approach to take.  Is your hair all blonde on the ends?  or have you colored over it? 
Check out My Hobby Shop!
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5372710
glittergirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glittergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2008 at 2:53am
I'm new also and just bleached my hair for the first time (at home). My suggestion is to get some Queen Helene Professional formula Cholesterol (you can get it at Sally's if you are in the US) and use that on your hair every day for a week before you get your process(es) done. Hot oil treatments seem to work well also.

But heed the advice of these cool ladies here, they have much more experience than me at the whole bleach thing.

I wish you the best and hope your hair turns out beautiful!
Unregistered Guest View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2008 at 8:55am
It is all blonde on the ends....I need to upload a pic, but the one I took of me turned out kinda scary looking. LOL 
Thanks for the advice, though.  I will get a pick up.  Isn't color more "condintiong" or at least less damaging?  maybe I should just have her do some darker blonde brownish low lights instead of trying to color all of it....Hmmm.....
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2008 at 2:09pm
Okay, the most important thing about hair coloring that you must remember is that it is all an illusion.  Look at Jen's hair.  Not all of it is blonde, but there are pieces placed in just the right spots to look just fab.  I think you could pull off heavy highlights (ONLY THE VIRGIN PART!), depending on your natural base color.  Another option is tone-on-tone, where the hair is dyed then highlights are bleached onto the top.  I have gold with light golden blonde highlights that I like to do.  LOL! Sorry about that finger covering the lens, but I think you get the idea.  Anyway you can go heavier on the highlights, which might blend with the ends.  Good luck!
ladybug1s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladybug1s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 11:57am
what color is the gold you used?
looks nice, and what did you say was your natural color?>
ladybug
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 2:48pm
I use an ash color actually.  Miss Clairol Moongold.  My natural color is lightest golden brown, so everything I do turns some hue of gold, lol!  I'm currently growing it out.  I'm going to bleach it all eventually to pale yellow and then tone it.  I'm tired of the gold.

Rebekah
PerfectBrunette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PerfectBrunette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 7:27pm
If your hair is damaged, I would leave it alone. However, your friend should know if its okay to dye it as she is a professional. She should be able to do an elasticity test.

If it is okay to dye, how about doing lowlights with a semi-permanent dark blonde/light brown color? Since your hair is already blonde, I don't see the point of putting more of your hair through damage than is necessary by getting highlights done.

Also, if she does lowlights and you want to change the tone of the blonde parts slightly, she could tone it for you without affecting the darker parts.
maniston08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maniston08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2008 at 2:28am

Rebekah,

Is that your hair color in the picture?  WOW!  How did you do your highlights and retouch them?  I 'd LOVE to know the technique you used to do your highlights!  I did some strand testing using a toothbrush and my fingers... it was kinda of messy!  ( My first time heh heh).

Can you tell me how you do your hair?  Do you do the base color then highlights or the other way around?  Or just the highlights?  What do you use that makes it look SO healthy and SHINY??  Smile..

I am still experimenting/strand testing to find the best color kit to use at home.  I am also interested in getting the Jen Aniston hair color also... can't seem to find the right hair color/highlight kit even after trying out different hair color levels/highlighting kits...SIGH!  I end up giving up and going back to the salon!  LOL

Thanks!
Lizura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 8:16pm
There is a little bit of a Photoshop involved in Jen's pic too...
Lizura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 8:17pm
There is a little bit of a Photoshop involved in Jen's pic too...

Edited by Lizura - April 30 2008 at 8:18pm
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 9:54pm
Yes, it's pretty close to that.  My natural hair color is warm lightest brown.  I use 20 or 30 vol. depending on the time of year to do the base with Miss Clairol Moongold 42D.  I leave it on the roots for 35 mins.  

My highlights take a lot of time, usually a week or so to do.  I choose places that I want to have highlights based on how I wear my hair.  I use L'Oreal Excellence Creme Lights for about 35 to 40 mins.  I apply generously, to a few thin strands, bleach and then wrap with foil-process.  I wrap up and pin down the hair that I'm not bleaching. 

In between touch ups I use Igora toning mousse in the gold shade.  I use White Rain Extra Body Shampoo--helps to clarify my hair, we have hard water here.  Then condition with Garnier Sleek and Shine, leave it on for about 5 min or more.  I add Citre Shine Fresh Fusion Shine miracle anti-frizz serum to just the ends. 

I try to only shampoo a few times a week.  Don't brush it to much, only use a comb and rarely hot curl it.  It seems to work. 

My hair is naturally very smooth, soft, and fine. 

Rebekah
Lizura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2008 at 1:45am
I like Jen's hair too!
She has maybe the best hair colour/complexion combination in the whole industry.
I would like to go from a medium to dark brown, to this:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3787954944/nm0000098
What do you think? I have just dyed my hair 3 days ago...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic