Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how to get my hair wavy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
erinspice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erinspice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to get my hair wavy
    Posted: February 09 2008 at 5:46pm
Hi! I've gotten tons of good advice here in the past, and I was hoping you guys could bestow your genius on me once again.  I have naturally curly hair that looks like #1 when I do nothing, #2 when I work really hard with product and blow-drying it very slowly (which takes about an hour on a good day), and #3 when I straighten it with my Chi.

My dilemma is that my husband hates it straight (#3). I love it straight, but hate it frizzy (#1), and I'm a working, 6-month-pregnant mommy who doesn't have time for #2 anymore.  I figure if I can make it wavy, it would be a compromise between my loving it straight and my husband loving it curly.  What can I do to get my hair wavy, but not curly and frizzy like it is naturally?  Air-dry on rollers?  Blow-dry on rollers? Blow-dry-straighten-then-hot-rollers? If so, what size?  Curling iron?

Help!

#1:
#2.
#3.
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2008 at 9:03pm
Your hair is gorgeous!  I can certainly understand why your husband likes it better curly. Wink 

A good way to get waves would be to braid it.  Put a good amount of gel on it and braid it while it's damp.  After it dries, gently take out the braids and shake your hair out.  But don't comb it or brush it. 

You can check out my website/blog to see my routine.  Maybe that would help you as well. (link below)
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
AtheistMonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtheistMonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 10:46pm
although i say stick with curly....if you REALLY want it wavy...get a curling iron...i know it sounds crazy but you can change the type of curl from Ringlets to Wavy Curls. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic