Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Black Hair Dye?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KingJ89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJ89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Hair Dye?
    Posted: February 09 2008 at 6:58pm
Okay so I have a question. If someone were to dye their hair black how would they go about putting highlights or what not.

I've been trying to look up so many things on this but yeah, I was just wondering. I don't want to try something and look foolish, but I wouldn't mind. I would just wear a hat. Embarrassed LOL

I heard that if you were to add highlights on dyed black hair it would not show. I also heard you would have to bleach it. But would I do that all at once or would I have to wait a few days and then do the highlights. I am at a total lost, so help please?

please
slatka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slatka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2010 at 12:04am
Once you dye your hair black, you can forget about getting lighter highlights or lighter hair for a really long time. That's why everyone recommends to really think long and hard before choosing such a permanent color. Black is so hard to remove that the only ways you can get rid of it are to grow your hair or just bleach the heck out of it. Of course some people's hair can only tolerate so much bleach and may began to snap off right away. If you are not 100% sure that you want to be stuck with black, then don't do it. Even semi-permanent black does not wash out right away. If you keep your hair short, then you are kind of luck since you can always chop off the black when it starts growing out. But if you have super long hair and don't want to lose any length - then forget about it.

Edited by slatka - February 28 2010 at 12:04am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic