Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Extensions and motorcycle helmet...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LdyApxr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LdyApxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extensions and motorcycle helmet...
    Posted: February 10 2008 at 4:39pm
Hi everyone! 

I have been a lurker for some time and I have decided that I am tired of my baby fine, thin, stick straight hair so I am looking into extensions.  I have met with a woman that does GL but she does my neighbors hair and it does not look all that great(although my neighbor is not good about maintainance so that might be some of it) and I am concerned about the quality of the hair after reading everything on this forum.  LOL  I have a consult with a woman here in town(I live in Benicia CA) on Tuesday for microlinks.  She is going to install a some at no charge to let me see how I like them and she has offered to give me numbers to her clients to get referrals so that makes me a little more confident since the other woman could not show me pics or anything other than to say "check out K's(neighbor)" Umm, I did and that is why I want to see pics of others!  LOL

Anyway, my other concern is that I ride motorcycles(I own an 06 Ninja 650R) and I wear a full-face helmet and I am wondering if there are any other motorcyclists on the board that can give me some info as to whether or not your microlinks or hairlocs(or any other method for that matter) bother you with your helmet on.   I appreciate any thoughts on the matter.  Looking forward to updating all of you on my progress!

Darlene
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2008 at 9:30pm
i have been riding for years. I wear a skull cap under my helmet and my hair is fine when i take it off.
you should have no problems. good luck
where is bencia ca, never heard of it!
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
LdyApxr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LdyApxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2008 at 9:44pm
Thanks!  I have a skull cap under my helmet and my sister has given me a neoprene hair holder for when I do get my extensions in.  I am giong to meet with this lady here on Tuesday and I also want to meet up with MetalGirl to get an opinion from her too.  I wish  I weren't so far away Tangles, or I would be hopping on the plane...   LOL  We are heading to Sandy Eggo in a few months to pic up Bill's new race bike but that is about it.
sourgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sourgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2008 at 9:06am
I ride as well, I never really use a skull cap the helmet is fine on its own, I just tie it back and bring a looper brush to get the tangles out. I wear a half helmet so I get alot more wind then a full face, and I have been okey dokey.
Currant method Hair locs.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2008 at 10:11am
If your going to ride while wearing extension hair, make sure you braid that hair up very tight!  The wind friction can do a nasty number on extension hair with matting.  
LdyApxr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LdyApxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2008 at 10:19am
Oh definitely!  My sister has actually given me a neoprene hair wrap for once I get my extensions.  She has a leather one but she is more of a Harley Girl and I am a sportrider.  LOL  Thanks for all the help ladies!
LdyApxr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LdyApxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2008 at 3:38pm
Oops, Sorry Sand, I missed that question.  Benicia is between Vallejo and Concord on the 680.  Pretty central to everything actually.  LOL  About 30min from SF and 45-50min from Sacramento.
hottierockstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hottierockstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2008 at 11:56pm
I am glad you thought of asking this question as it never even occurred to me! (which it should have since ponies bug me if too high in my helmet)
It isn't currently an issue since i cut all my hair off but am thinking about extensions....mostly adding them to my services but why not me too?  :)

LdyApxr- very cute screenname! (I have a 600rr :D)

I am in socal but not as south as Tangles or as north as you. I am in Ventura county so.... just in this thread we have almost all of california represented :)
LdyApxr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LdyApxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2008 at 9:17am
Hey Hottie!  Yep, sounds like we have Cali covered.  We are heading down to Wildomar in March to pick up Bills new track bike(ZX6-RR) from some friends of ours who race WERA.  I can't wait because I will have my hair then and Suzie is gonna freak!  LOL 

I have ordered a hair glove but am also going to just have to go by trial and error and try low ponies, braids, tuckking it in my jacket etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic