Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Weather Girl - Kate Bilo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weather Girl - Kate Bilo
    Posted: February 15 2008 at 4:08pm
One of my favorite weather girls, Kate Bilo, has cut her long hair into a cute bob.  Her hair used to be very long and dark before she highlighted and layered it which was a huge improvement.  Now she's gone short. 

Her layered hairstyle was totally gorgeous but the bob is very cute too.  I like the way it swings and think it's a nice change. 

I've included links to video showing her progression.

natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2008 at 4:50pm
Thanks for those links! I think the longer layers were her best look. But the bob is real cute and a nice change indeed.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2008 at 10:04pm
Rocky, great post!  Thanks so much.  What a great transition this girl has gone through.  Great bob, great layered look, and great long hair.  She's a keeper at any length.
HAWG
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 10:29pm
Not bad I still like the longer look.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2008 at 11:25am
     I think that bobs look fine on most women, but dang, the longer hairstles were super hot. She's just a regular TV talking head now, albeit prettier than most! lol LOL Bob
trekgod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trekgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2008 at 2:18pm
The frustrating part for me is that she admits that she was pressured into cutting her awesome layered look. It looks like to me she is trying to be excited about it, but part of her misses her old look.
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2008 at 3:16pm
Bummer that she was pressured into it! It looks great though.
REVITUP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REVITUP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2008 at 3:05pm

For the longest time, I have been just an interested bystander - watching from the sidelines, but Kate Bilo's haircut has brought me in from the cold. This haircut is about as perfect as I have ever seen. It has always been my philosophy that a beautiful woman is always that, and the particular hairstyle that she wears only adds or detracts from that beauty. There also does not have to be just one style that one would consider to be just right. Her previous layered style was certainly quite attractive and did nothing to take away from her beauty, but for my money, nothing beats a perfectly cut and styled angled bob. It is the kind of hairstyle that just about anyone can wear, but when combined with just the right face, it is unbeatable. Her progession through the year was quite dramatic, from rather bland to absolutely gorgeous.

But if I had to say before Kate cut her hair, I would have said that Karah was the one who should have had the makeover.  I'm not sure that some of her somewhat curly styles and pulled back front really do much for her. She is the one that could very much benefit from a stylish modern cut. I'm not talking dull old talking head style, but she is very attractive, and for a media personality, she could rally stand out from the rest. Maybe since she apparently had been encouraging Kate, she could take a little of her own advise after seeing how great Kate looks.

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2008 at 11:25pm
Good job in coming out of the cold; and I agree whole-heartedly
HAWG
Rocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2008 at 6:05pm
It's funny how some posters here interpreted comments made in these videos as Kate being 'pressured' to cut her hair.  If anything, I saw it as nothing more than asking her co-worker for advice and being offered the suggestion to cut her hair short.

Kate posted an entry to her video blog that indicates she made the change more out of convenience than anything. Her main complaint is that she was getting up at 2:30 am and it took 45 minutes to blow-dry her longer hair.  She decided to make the cut because it's easier/faster.
REVITUP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REVITUP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2008 at 3:05pm
When I first became aware of Kate Bilo and her incredible new cut, I was instantly hooked. I have been following her progress ever since, and we all know that a cut like that requires attention to keep it looking sharp.  I was getting concerned that perhaps she was not very happy with the length, as it was getting noticably longer. For just 2 months of growth, the difference was considerable.  It looked as if she was going to be growing it out, but she has finally gotten that overdue trim. It is back toward the length that the original cut was - not quite as short - but it continues to look absolutely beautiful. I certainly wish that she continues to enjoy the style and the length for the forseeable future.  If you check out the Rewind segments, or Confessions of a Weather Girl for the past 2 months, you can see her progression.
trekgod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trekgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2008 at 4:16pm
Still LOVE the long look back in the fall. Her long hair really did "head turn" and "pop" with a good amount of motion. The new cut is very "helmet-like", it has no motion. People seem to disagree here with this assertion, but I will be looking at her in the 2007 and earlier portions.
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 7:17am
Originally posted by Rocky Rocky wrote:

It's funny how some posters here interpreted comments made in these videos as Kate being 'pressured' to cut her hair.  If anything, I saw it as nothing more than asking her co-worker for advice and being offered the suggestion to cut her hair short.

Well of course she had to have been pressured to cut it.  That would be the only reason any woman ever cuts her hair as no woman looks good or feminine with any length but long hair. Wink

BTW, the cut looks great on her.
REVITUP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REVITUP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2008 at 12:35pm
trekgod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trekgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2008 at 2:35pm
I have been watching lots of old footage of Kate. She had such gorgeous hair. Hair that could be envied by many.

The newest link is only slightly different and still not flattering in my opinion.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2008 at 9:55pm
I think she looks awesome!!
HAWG
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2008 at 1:27am
I happened to catch Kate's act by accident and paid attentionly only because we talk about her here. To be honest, I can't see the big attraction. Yes her hair is shorter, but it now seems too short for her face, which seems too large for her hair.
Who has more fun than people?
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2008 at 6:09am
I think she's just plain hot! oh and her hair I like it in all three
REVITUP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REVITUP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2008 at 7:41am

Another change - nothing drastic, but still very nice. She talks about it here.

http://www.accuweather.com/video-on-demand.asp?collection=fun&category=vblog_kbilo&video=wxgirl.flv20080711054000

trekgod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trekgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2008 at 8:02am
Don't like this change much either. Don't like those awkward bangs and I think she looks heavier with this style imo.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic