Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Toner after using Color Oops?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Color_Diva928 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Color_Diva928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toner after using Color Oops?
    Posted: February 23 2008 at 12:48pm
Hello!  I'm taking the plunge today and have decided to use Color Oops on my medium reddish brown hair (my natural color is dark brown) and the ends are quite dark.  Afteward, I intend to re-color in hopes of achieiving an even medium auburn/red shade (think Debra Messing when she doesn't have any  highlights).  I'm going to Sally's this afternoon to purchase a protein filler to apply post Color Oops, as I'm hoping this will assist with the porosity issue and help achieve a more even color.  A friend of mine suggested that I also purchase a toner,  just in case the  color turns out too brassy after using Color Oops.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Edited by Color_Diva928 - February 23 2008 at 12:50pm
lovetocolor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetocolor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2008 at 3:34pm
well if it goes orange you could use a blue toner to combat that and if it is a weird red you can use a green toner....what level of color are you going for?
happy coloring

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Color_Diva928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2008 at 7:43pm

Hi Lovetocolor!  I will be using Wella Color Charm #633 Red Blaze.  Btw, when I addressed the toner question to the salesperson at Sally's, she claimed that toner won't be necessary because of the fact that I am using red color.  She said that toner could be helpful if I were going for a brown shade with no red in it.  I'm not so inclined to trust the salespeople's advice at Sally's though...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetocolor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2008 at 8:30pm
oooo,  red blaze!!  i know that color.....when i was using color charm i would look up their color chart on the internet to look at the different reds.....actually it makes sense what the salesperson said.....usually people use toners to cancel out red or yellow tones that they don't want....but if one got a too bright or brassy color they could tone it down....when are you going to color your hair?  how did your hair feel after the color oops?  can't wait to hearhobbes
happy coloring

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Color_Diva928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2008 at 11:32am

Hi!  I decided to use Color Zap, instead of Color Oops after reading  many reviews on both products.  This is an excellent product!!  No foul odor and it does exactly what it claims it will.  It has lifted my medium reddish brown hair with dark ends to a very light coppery tone.   I deep conditioned my hair afterward, and it's in really good condition.  I'm going to apply the color today and will update you on the final result.   One question - do you think I should apply the color to the entire heard and start timing OR apply to roots for 30 minutes (I have about 1/4 inch new growth of dark brown hair w/ about 30% gray) and then apply to lengths and ends for the last 10-15 minutes?  I am so afraid of the color becoming too dark on ends and lenghts due to the porosity of the hair post Color Zap.

Thanks!

Edited by Color_Diva928 - February 24 2008 at 11:54am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetocolor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2008 at 12:40pm
yes yes yes on your idea for the roots and ends......that is smart thinking on your part.....i have some ion light blonde perm dye on a test strand to see what it would look like.....i am so glad you told me about color zap because i was thinking about using color oops or color fix to remove the coppery shades eq that has stayed in my hair for 9 months.....it does not look bad but i just am in the mood to do something to my hair.....i am excited about your color!!!! you must must must post as soon as you are done.....i will let you know how this blonde color did for me....i have red hair naturally....when i touched up my temples in this ion blonde it turned the most beautiful shade of red.....soooooo.....we shall see!! 
happy coloring

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Color_Diva928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2008 at 6:41pm
Hello!  Well, I completed the process and I am an official redhead!  The color looks good.  Perhaps a tad lighter than anticipated, but overall, is came out very well.  I may apply a demi over it, if it lightens  too much after I wash it a couple of times.  How did your hair turn out?

Edited by Color_Diva928 - February 24 2008 at 6:42pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetocolor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2008 at 8:53pm
hey diva!  welcome to the redhead world....i am so glad the color looks good!  sounds like you might want a more intense red?  you can wait like 2 weeks and put a darker shade of red on for like 15 min and you'd probably end up where you want to be.....don't go to dark or it will brown out.....light copper in c olor charm is a great color.....my hair did nothing!!  not even the roots where i have virgin hair, it did not respond to the 30v level 8 golden blonde....now my temples were like a silver color and i put that on with 20v and it just made the best, shimmery red color.....was hoping to get that on the rest of my hair....did not work....oh well,  i was looking through my redken book and i can put a 9 vanilla creme on my hair to give it a golden sheen, so i will try that tomorrow......being a redhead is going to be fun.....glad it turned out for youThumbs%20Up
happy coloring

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Color_Diva928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2008 at 5:30am

Hi Lovetocolor!  Yes, I am already enjoying the empowerment of my red hair!  I am happy...  I hope your color comes out the way you want.  I'm sure it will!  Keep me posted and best of luck!  Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic