Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

K I M B E R L E E (updated)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: K I M B E R L E E (updated)
    Posted: March 14 2008 at 3:07pm
I'm sorry to hear that, especially as she took the picture you loved.  After that i would suggest going to another stylist that will try and do the cut you show her and not the usual.  Better luck next time.
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 11:24pm
very boring  kim did get cut and actually surprised me by doing it  i had no clue when she was there getting it cut that she was there
anyway she brought the pic i said i loved and the girl totally gave her her usual cut  the back is maybe a little higher but not buzzed or anything    its cute but been there done that    i am not even bothering to post pics
i did dye her hair though  a nice brown/red color and it looks cool   i may post pics of the color   sorry   ill keep on trying   Cry
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
love it short View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love it short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2008 at 10:23am
Hey, lovebobs did Kim decide on a style or got a cut yet ?
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 10:02pm

I have posted a new thread posing a similar question.  I dont want to highjack!

gizmo1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 9:26pm
my wife really loves how the back is cut is there any way possible to have side or front view.
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2008 at 12:06pm
Maybe like this?

back

good luck

Go to http://www.unisex-friseure.de/Style/ and check out their short hair styles.  Pretty edgy place, i beleive in germany?
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2008 at 12:08am
ohh and i showed her thisPicture007.jpg%20new%20cut?%20image%20by%20alandkim and she said no that is too bobby (aka too much like a bob i guess)   btw i may be a little in luck because her sister just cut her hair VERY short and she said "i love it" to her sis    ???????
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2008 at 12:05am
ok here is where we stand   the 2 sides are not as far apart on this cut as you might think   if i push REAL HARD it may happen
however i am a little afraid if it does and its all from me pushing and she dislikes it  the month or 2 following will not be fun  so i have decided to lay back a little
with that said   we have a trip to our home state  planned for late march (day after easter) and she has said she is absolutley cutting her hair SHORT before the trip
and has also said it will be "SHORTER IN BACK THAN EVER"
at the moment she wants a usual bob but wants it "stacked high up and lots of short layers"    i cant get what she means    she says she wants the fron a little shorter but the back alot shorter to her neck and starting layers up high she said she wants this cut "not to be sooo bobby"
can anyone imagine what she means and perhaps find me pics ASAP
AGAIN   LONGISH FRONT, BACK STACKED UP HIGH WITH LOTS OF SHORT LAYERS CUT TO HER NECKLINE      please please help me out!!!!!
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2008 at 9:28pm
I have been trying to get my wife to get her hair cut like that for some time now.  Hers is about as short in the back, but has the dog ears on the side.  I love her current cut, but she said she would consider it shorter this summer, i have that exact photo and am going to bring it back out soon.  Good luck, the cut is awesome and would look great on Kim. 
P.S. let me know how you convince her.

Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2008 at 2:18pm
If she wants the front longer, why not increase the angle of the side in the original picture, such that it half covers her ears, but still hits her chin at the front.  It would give you more scope to keep the back shorter as there is more scope to achieve the transition.

In effect it would make the contrast more edgy / stark / severe - depending on which way you look at it.
Its your hair, your choice and your decision
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2008 at 10:19am

If it makes her happy I say go for it but the edgieness (SP) of the orginal is what sets it apart. 

I'm not sure the doctored one is doable.  At the neck you would have to transition from buzzed to about 3inches long, the only way to do that is to hike that angle way up and that may put you back at the orginal...if you don't then the back can't be that short and you are back to her regular cut... just my thoughts

Good luck
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2008 at 8:40am

ok, i showed her and she likes it alot she is just a little afraid its too short for her  she wants the front a "little longer".  i worked on the picture a little bit and here is what i came up with.    well what do you think (yes it is similar to her past cuts i know BUT the back is alot more stacked and def. shorter/clippercut  kinda different)

yes or no?

before:photo-maryjane-small.jpg%20maybe?%20image%20by%20alandkim improved for her taste:Picture007.jpg%20new%20cut?%20image%20by%20alandkim

Edited by lovebobs - February 28 2008 at 8:42am
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2008 at 12:24am
Would Kim look great in that cut? - I believe she would.

Do I think that she will go that short?  Most unlikely.

Its your hair, your choice and your decision
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2008 at 9:08pm

Have her just do it. She will look great and you will love it. My wife has me cut her hair short all the time. It seems to be in spurts. Soon it will be clipper time.

Mike

lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2008 at 4:53pm
i will show her the pic tonight   lets see what she says
anyway she has said more than once that she would love to one day get a cut that is kinda short all over and long in the front
so my question to her will be is this what you mean?
love it short View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love it short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2008 at 11:21am
I think she will look great with that cut. Wish I could talk my wife into a cut that short.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2008 at 10:02am

I think this is the first different looking style you have come up with for her in a long time.  I do think it would suit her and I think it would be a new look for her.

For the most part, though they have been somewhat different, all her bobs pretty much look the same... not this one...

I vote "Yes"!
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2008 at 5:24am
She could easily pull that off - if you are able to convince her to do it - you will have to share your secrets so I can get my wife to do it also.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2008 at 12:54am
I'm not so sure.  I wouldn't recommend quite that short.  The cut is great, just have her do that cut, a bit longer on the bottom, say 1 to 2 inches all around.
NapeTrimmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NapeTrimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2008 at 11:31pm
She can pull it off beautifully! The question is "can you pull off talking her into cutting her hair this radically?"   Good luck & if you do you are a lucky man.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic