Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Colorful Neutral Protein Filler - how to use

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Roxanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roxanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colorful Neutral Protein Filler - how to use
    Posted: February 27 2008 at 4:11pm
Hi, I am new to this forum.  I have been coloring my hair for a long, long time. My hair is very gray resistant and fades very quickly. 

I have read that the neutral protein filler works well.  I have purchased a bottle at Sally Beauty Supply. 

I am wondering how you actually use it.  It says to to apply 1-2 oz. to towel damp hair for 20 min.  Blot access from hair, do not rinse, apply color as usual.

I am guessing that you wait until your hair is dry or you blow dry it before you color it, or can you wait to color the next day?

My color fades so bad within the second washing.  I have tried many brands of haircolor.   I have been using L'oreal excellence creme (gray resistant) for about 5 years now. 

I am not sure what shampoo I should be using either for color treated hair.

I would appreciate any helpful answers and hints.

Thanks, Roxanne

lovetocolor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetocolor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2008 at 8:21pm
hey roxanne,  you put the protein on damp hair and leave it on for 20 minutes or whatever time it says.....then you apply the color over it....you don't have to wait for it to dry or anything like that....what color do you color your hair?  reason being is that they have colored protein fillers also,  i used the red once and it worked great.....depending on what color you put on your hair they have shampoos that deposit color when you wash along with the matching conditioners.  that is what i would recommend. 
happy coloring
Roxanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roxanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2008 at 10:30pm
Thanks lovetocolor,
I was wondering about the damp hair, because,when you get ready to color, the instructions say to apply to dry unwashed hair.

The color I use is 7X dark Blonde, (which really looks med brown on me.)

I am just so tired of my hair looking so faded after 2 weeks. I came across an article in a magazine about this protein filler.

lovetocolor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetocolor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2008 at 10:16am
well,  if you are going for brown or that is what yoiur hair turns out like, you could take the regular filler back and get the brown filler.....it helps stain the hair and holds color better....but even if you use the regular filler it will help alot....let me know what you decide to do and how your hair turns out....talk to you later roxanne.
happy coloring
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic