Topic ClosedPaper's Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>
Author
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2009 at 2:07pm
Thank you for the new pic. Keep it up.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2009 at 6:19pm
I agree, your never too old to have long hair!!!

I used some of my Cream of Coconut for a hot oil treatment. It turned to the consistency of honey. It was a little messy, but it did a great job, it left my hair so soft!

I just won couple items on e-bay. My first Hair Sticks! I can't wait to try those. I hope they stay in my hair, my hair is a little slippery. I'll post pictures when I get them.

Also, I won a Purple Snowflake Necklace I love purple and snowflakes, I was so excited to find it! I'll post a pic of necklace too.

After washing my hair the other day, I let it air dry, and this is what I got.....

Notice the curl, I thought it was cute, so I took a picture.  My hair is weird, some days straight some days wavy! Tongue
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2009 at 12:04pm
You have come a long way already. Keep going. Plus you are throwing it out there no matter how old you are you can have long hair.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2009 at 6:44am
Thanks Mike! Smile

This is the way my hair was.....

The last time I had it cut and highlighted like this was in Sept. 07. My goal was to grow out all those layers! They are all pretty much gone. My hair is a little shorter on the sides, but they blend right in, you can't tell. Oh, and I have bangs too. Now, I'm just letting it grow long. I always had long hair, until I turned 40 and cut it. I am excited to have long hair again! Big%20smile 

Edited by paper - January 20 2009 at 6:47am
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2009 at 9:32pm
Looking good paper. Are you going for all one lenght?
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2009 at 6:58am
Here's a couple pictures I took the other day.

Butterfly Clip.....

I bought this a long time ago, but my hair was too short to wear it!

Halfup....

I think my ends look good in this picture. I still can't believe my layers are gone! barmy
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2009 at 7:35pm
My new Flexi-8. I like this color alot better then the gold one!

Close up.....

Edited by paper - January 15 2009 at 7:53pm
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2009 at 7:46am
Thats true! And, it is fun trying new things. Wink

It is nice finding something that works though. Seems like when the seasons change, so does hair care!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2009 at 11:29pm
Sounds like hit or miss with hair wash stuff. Heck might as well find out what works and don't.
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2009 at 11:44am
Thanks Mike! One thing I noticed when I go a few months between root touch ups, my hair takes on a chestnut brown color. So not too bad. I like it!

I tryed the Burts Bees Peach & Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub and Radient Day Cream. LOVE it! My face didn't turn red or irriated at all. My face has never looked or felt better. If you have dry and sensitive skin like me, I'd recommend Burts Bees.

I washed my hair this morning with Soapnuts. I didn't like these at all! It feels well, like I washed my hair with soap lol. I'm going to stick to my Giovanni Smooth As Silk. Love that stuff!

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2009 at 10:32am
Wow the red looks great. Your hair is looking good.
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2009 at 11:46am
I got my new Flexi-8's in the mail today!

I traded my gold one in for the silver and blue one. And, I exchanged the silver and black one for a smaller size. These are perfect! I love them!

I'll take some pictures of them in my hair soon!

Also, I got my sample pack of Soapnuts. I'm letting them soak overnight to use them to wash my hair tomorrow. I'll post how I like them!

Non Hair Entry....

I bought some Burts Bees Peach & Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub and Radient Day Cream. I have very sensitive skin, so I hope this doesn't irriate it. I've been using Mychelle products. I love them! But, they are expensive and I'm almost out and was looking for something new to try. I've heard good reviews about Burts Bees. I can't wait to try them!
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2009 at 10:22am
Cream of Coconut....

Apparently what I bought was Cream of Coconut not Coconut Water. Cream of Coconut has the same consisteny as Condtioner. So, I used it in place of my Conditioner this morning. It is great stuff, my hair feels so soft. I'm also going to try heating some up and using it as an hot oil treatment!

Here is a picture I just took of my hair....

You can really see my dark hair coming in. I'm excited to see what my natural hair looks like!
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2009 at 3:21pm
My hair has been so dry and frizzy this winter! I started using Jojoba Oil again. This time, I'm using it on my dry hair. I rub a drop in my hands then smooth it on my hair. It's working good, my hair feels so soft! I'm not getting the crunchiness, like I was when I was putting it on my wet hair.

I bought some Coconut Water today. I'm not sure how I'm going to use it yet. Either as a rinse or a leave in. Also, I ordered a sample pack of soapnuts on e-bay. Some people have had wonderfull results washing their hair with them. I'll let you know my results!
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2009 at 7:32am
Thanks Mike, for your  interest and support!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2009 at 9:03pm
Cool looks like your mini goals are going to be easy to reach. Good luck and glad to be able to be there for the ride.
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2009 at 8:34am
Measuring...

I just measured my APL is 23-24" and BSL is 26-27"

I'm at 20" now, so it is possible to reach those goals this year! barmy

Especially now that I have my own cutting tools, I can do micro trims.
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 8:30pm
Thanks Jenn!

Haha you sound like my son!
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 3:18pm

LOVE your new jewelry chest!  It's so pretty and will be a lot of fun keeping all your goodies in there.  Congrats on the hair tools too!  My hubby would be a nervous wreck to cut my hair. 

Good luck on your resolutions!  My NY resolution is to; make no NY resolutions.dance2

paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 10:19am
Hair Cutting Tools....

I'm all set now to trim my own hair! dance1

I bought some good Shears and the CreaClip. I trimmed my own bangs last night, and they turned out great! It's going to be nice keeping my bangs the length I like. And, I'm going to have my DH trim the back of my hair every few months, just a tiny bit to clean up the ends. I'm so excited, I don't have to go to the salon any more! dance3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>
  Share Topic