Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPaper's Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 18>
Author
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 5:26am

hehe You will probably catch me now Jenn! Wink

Thanks Pburgh for your support, that means alot to me. Big%20smile Oh yeah, I can do some real cute styles. I can still wear a pony tail and half ups. I'll have to get some new pictures up. Honestly, I'm not sure what my plans are now. My goals have changed from growing long hair, to growing out hair dye, so we will see!

The last time I had Shoulder length hair, I was growing out layers, so I never got to enjoy it. It feels good having 1 length shoulder length hair. DH said he really likes it and it is the best hair cut I've ever had. Smile

Edited by paper - September 03 2009 at 5:31am
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 5:37am
haha, maybe so!

That's awesome hubby likes your new cut!  And yes, you will be able to enjoy this length more without all the layers.  Have fun!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 10:23am
Cool. I'm glad you are happy with the cut. Good luck with your plans.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 7:12pm
ur welcome paper u always have my support :) im glad u like ur shoulder length locks. im still soo glad u can do the ponytail and halftail. look at it this way enjoy it now and grow out the color and then after that if u still want to go really long u can :) def do new pics too :) can u still use ur hairtoys?
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 5:20am
Thanks Mike!

Pburgh, yes, I can still wear all my hair toys, which is a good thing :). I am looking forward to having long virgin hair. I just couldn't see the point of letting it grow, when I knew I had to cut the dye off some time. It was easier this way. I'm getting lots of compliments with my shoulder length hair. Most weren't sure if I cut it, because I wore it up all the time before. I am definitely much happier with my hair now. :)
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 8:54am
Awwww yay paper im sooo glad ur happy with ur hair and that u can still wear ur hairtoys :) And ur tot right it was best to cut the dye off now and let it grow out nice and natural then. long virgin hair is going to be sooo cute :) do u have a new goal length yet? what were some of the compliments? i love those :)
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 11:51pm
Pburgh56, when are you going to post some photos?
Who has more fun than people?
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2009 at 6:16am
Hey Pburgh! My goal for now, is to have healthy dye free hair. I'm not going to cut it shorter though, so I'll probably maintain shoulder length until the dye is gone. After that I'm going to let it grow to BSL, my ultimate goal. Smile Yes, compliments are great! I got some more yesterday.

Hi Kramer! Smile
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2009 at 6:30am
Here are the before and after pictures of my hair cut. I'm so happy with my decision, look at all that dye gone!

Before...

After...

Edited by paper - September 14 2009 at 8:25am
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2009 at 6:47am
awwwww paper im glad u like compliments cause im going to give u one ur hair is stunning :) I love it i usually dont like less length but ur ends look sooo healthy and I love it all one length :) btw bsl will look great on u as well :) any ideas on what i can do with my bangs? they are in my eyes alot now :(
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2009 at 10:48am
awww thanks Pburgh, your sweet! Try putting gel on your bangs and blow dry them to the side. One thing about bangs, you can tell your hair is growing!

I took this picture today. I'm loving my fresh ends and healthier hair!

Removed picture

Edited by paper - September 14 2009 at 8:27am
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2009 at 1:23pm
the new pic is awesome i love the fresh hair too :) thanks for the input and u are totally 100 percent right bangs are a great way to tell if ur hair is growing. its just different cause im going from no bangs at all to growing out my bangs long with the rest of my hair lol. i will def try the geling the bangs and blowdrying it tom to see what its like. what do u think about using headbands and bobbipins too?
natorade View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2009 at 6:51pm
paper were you one of the people that shaved your head? If so, how long did it take for the sides of your hair to grow out about chin length. My hair in my temporal area is growing soooooooo slow
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 6:14am
natorade, nooooo, I've never shaved my head. I wish I was that brave LOL. I am growing out hair dye, so I know it's going to take a long time just to get my new growth chin length. I will be dye free 1 year in Nov. and that will be 6" of new growth for me.

Thanks Pburgh! Yes, headbands and bobby pins are a great way to wear your bangs back.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 7:35am
Thanks paper ill try some bobbis and headbands. :) i like the gray color too it looks really nice honestly :)
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 4:24pm
Your hemline looks so much thicker with your new cut!  I like the length.  I think I was imagining it shorter.Tongue 

Next November huh?  Well, it will be here before you know it...that's for sure!
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 5:49am
Thanks Pburgh! I'm glad I stopped dyeing my hair now, so I can enjoy all the different colors, instead of one day when I'm pure white, yikes! LOL 

Thanks Jenn! Yeah, having thicker ends is great. I didn't want to go too short, thats why I kept my hair at my shoulders. Yup, almost 1 year of dye free, yay!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 6:03am
I thought id tell u i had a cute style the other day. I wore a really thick headband to push back my bangs and then put the hair in the back in like a 2 inch ponytail. it wasnt much cause only a tiny bit of hair went into it but it was nice :)
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 8:00am
Looks great. BSL is going to look great on you. Thanks for all the new pics. Keep growing.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 8:02pm
Hi Mike, thanks for stopping by and for the encouragement!

Pburgh, that sounds like a good way to wear your hair during these growing out stages.

I took this picture tonight. I washed my hair this morning and let it air dry. It feels and looks so much thicker since the cut. I am happy with my hair now, and the dye/virgin is not bothering me as much. Big%20smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 18>
  Share Topic