Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPaper's Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>
Author
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 8:19pm
omg love the pic  :) i really hope my hair looks half this good. do u let it air dry much?
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2009 at 9:11am
Thanks Pburgh for the wonderful compliment! Wink I'm sure your hair will look great, as long as you take good care of it now. Yes, I always let my hair air dry. Except my bangs, I blow dry those. The last picture I posted was after my hair dresser straigthened my hair. I wanted to show the difference.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2009 at 12:59pm
well ur def welcome paper :) I hope my hair looks great. I def do take care of it so i should be lookin at some nice locks. awwww straightening is really cute. do u do that often?
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2009 at 9:25am
I had my hair cut yesterday! I had it cut back to SL and have long layers on the sides and back. It really helped get rid of alot of dye. I'm really liking the layers (never thought I'd say that) I like it alot better then just straight across. I kept the length of my bangs. I am attempting to grow them out or at least wear them longer and to the side. I am really happy with this style. I'm going to keep it like this until I get rid of all the dye. It's going to be at least another year! I'll try to get some pictures up soon!
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2009 at 5:54pm
WOOT!  Can't wait to see the pics!monopoly

I'm glad you like your new style...it can be skeery making a change like that sometimes!
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2009 at 7:56am
Thanks Jenn! Yeah it was a little scary, after growing out layers! But, having them put in is different then growing them out from a very short, very layered cut.
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2009 at 6:39pm
Here's a picture of my hair after being trimmed back to SL and few long layers put in. This is the perfect length for me for now, not too short, and I can still wear it in a half up and pony tail. I will probably maintain this style until all the dye is gone. 

Edited by paper - October 30 2009 at 6:42pm
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2009 at 9:09pm
The haircut is very nice and glad to hear you found a length that you like.  It looks healthy and full too.  Where did you have it done?  I am always interested in what people pay for their haircuts.  I pay waaaaay too much for mine, but I will not trust my hair to anyone else.  My haircuts are about $50.00, and that is with leaving wet!  (I don't use a blowdryer at all).
Addy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2009 at 10:03pm
You know paper, I think I'd love to cut all my dye off but I know I'd sooooo regret it so I'm gonna keep growing, growing, growing! 
Your hair looks great though and you have more gray hair than me! CryLOL
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2009 at 7:16am
Thanks Kimbearly! Yes, you do pay more for a cut then me. I pay $14 for a cut, and the 5th one is half price. Thats a cut, and styled. I live in a very small town. I've been going to the same girl when she opened a shop here 14 years ago. I have no complaints about her.

Thanks Addy! Don't worry, you will get more silvers some day! LOL No, no, don't cut, keep growing!!! Keep wearing those updos, your so good at!
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2009 at 7:21am
Here is a front picture of my hair cut. My hairdresser angled my bangs while I'm letting them grow out.  Smile The layers in the front and back are very subtle.

paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 5:49am
I took this  picture outside yesterday. It really shows all my colors.  And, I can still wear a
ponytail, yay!!!

Bob S View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 3:33pm

I think that your angled bangs look perfect on you, Paper. Big%20smile So glad you've continued to stick around despite the length reduction. If you are happy with it, it's the right decision for you. Blessings, Bob

P.S. Absolutely, I concur with your advice to Addy. Please don't cut it!!! LOL

paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 5:32pm
Thanks Bob! Smile  Yes, this was the best decision for me. I got sick of wearing updos and hats. I feel sooooo much better now. My hair journey for now, is growing out dye! Stern%20Smile 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2009 at 5:49am
It looks great PAPER!  Do you think cutting some made your waves more evident?  That's what it looks like in the first pic.  Good luck growing out the rest of your dye....I'm not that brave yet.Tongue
Bob S View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2009 at 3:09pm
      Now you've got me curious, Paper. Is it possible that after wearing short, "styled" hair for years, you don't feel "put together", so to speak, with your hair simply down, or with a clip in the back? Frankly, hats on women with long hair are HOT! You should see this 60'ish woman at a local Boscov's with waist length hair and gorgeous hats. Unreal! Clap
     P.S. My wife has yet to color, but once she does, I'm sure she'll be at it for life. Her mom has never colored at 77, still has a little brown, has great, thick hair, but it's too permed and short. She definitely has no need to color. The minute it grows out a bit and looks good, I know that the next time I see her it'll be ruined again. My wife agrees with me on this one. (lol) Bob Big%20smile
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2009 at 5:21pm
Thanks Jenn! Yes, this cut has definitely brought out my waves. I bought a flat iron today, I know *gasp*. I want to straighten my hair once in awhile for a change. I'm cutting the dyed part off anyways, so I don't have to worry about damaging it.

Hi Bob! No, I just hate the dyed part. There are days I want to cut all the dye off. I'm really surprised I lasted this long! I have black and white stripes on top and solid red on the length, it's awful!  Hope that answers your question.

Edited by paper - November 05 2009 at 3:47pm

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 9:04am
LOL@flat iron!!!  You should absolutely do what YOU want to do with your hair!  You are well informed through the forums but shouldn't feel obligated to follow steadfast rules that make you feel crappy about your hair! (and yourself, as our hair can be an extension of self)

Bob S View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 2:38pm
     Thanks Paper. Yes, you answered my question. I thought maybe that your mentioning of updos and hats suggested that you felt that you long hair down looked "unstyled", as some women do.
     I can't imagine how anyone else in this world who sees you from front or back, as we just have in your kind photos, would think of your hair as "awful". Think "pretty"!(lol) Hang in there, Gal! Keep the hat thing alive, as well. I long for the good old days in many ways. Star Thanks again, Bob
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 3:52pm
Thanks  for saying that Jenn, and you are so right!

Oh, I like updos and hats. I just don't like feeling that I have to wear them.  DH always says I look sexy in a baseball cap :).  Thanks for your nice comments and support Bob!

Edited by paper - November 05 2009 at 4:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>
  Share Topic