FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPaper's Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
Author
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paper's Hair Journal
    Posted: February 29 2008 at 8:34am

Hi Everyone!

For my first entry I'd like to share with you my post I made in the long hair forums......

When I was little my Mom always made me wear my hair in a pixie cut, which I hated. I cryed everytime I had it cut. Cry

When I was in kindergarten, my teacher told us all to draw a picture of what we wanted to be when we grew up. I drew a picture of a girl with really long hair. My teacher asked me "What do you want to be when you grow up? A model or an actress?" I said "NO, I'm going to have long hair when I grow up!" LOL

paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2008 at 1:23pm
My mom finally let me grow my hair. By the time I was in 6th grade I had waist length straight hair parted down the middle. Wore it that way all the 70's. In the 80's I wore my hair middle of my back layered, bangs, and permed. I used to get home perm from friends. They always turned out ok. Then once I decided to go the salon and get a "good" perm. Well, it turned out so curly, my hair was above my shoulders! It was terrible, I hated it so much. When I was ready for a trim, I went to a new girl in town. While she was trimming my hair, I was telling her how much I hated my perm. She said I didn't have to keep it, she could straighten it for me. So, she put something on my hair and combed it for about hr! After she got done the perm was gone and I had my straight, long hair again! Only problem it left my hair dry and dead looking. Cry So, I went back to her few weeks later had her cut off couple inches. Everytime I went in for trim I had her cut bunch of the dead hair off. I kept my hair shoulder length, with long layers for awhile. Went shorter and shorter. Finally I had my hair chin length layered all over with highlights to cover greys. I have worn my hair that way for the last 5 yrs.
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2008 at 1:34pm
In July 07, was the last time I got highlights. I liked them, but they just weren't covering greys anymore. Sept. 07, was the last time I had my hair cut short. I decided to let my hair grow and color it myself. Thats how I found this site, to learn how to do that. In Nov. 07, I got my hair trimmed first. Bangs trimmed and inch off the back. About a week after that I dyed my hair. My natural hair color is the darkest brown (almost black) By this time I had salt and pepper hair on top and growing out highlights. I wanted to cover greys, and highlights, and go little lighter then my natural color. I ended up using 30 developer, half light ash brown, half light natural brown. The color came out little redder than I wanted, but I still like it alot. And, it is a 100% improvement! What is nice about this color is when my dark roots came in, the color took on a chestnut brown look. So, my last trim was in Nov., Jan. I had my bangs trimmed. In the next couple weeks I'm going to touch up my roots and get a trim in April. I haven't decided how much to cut off. I do want to cut off some of the layers, but same time I don't want to lose my length.

Here are pictures from Jan. 1st and March 1st .......

Edited by paper - March 03 2008 at 7:20am
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 7:19am

Non Hair Entry: Skin Care.......

I have very sensitive skin. Through this site, I found Mychelle skin products. It has been like a miracle to me. This is the first thing, in my adult life that I can put on my face without it feeling red, dry, and irritated!

First I bought a sample pack for senstive skin. I loved it and bought several full size bottles........

1)Deep repair cream
2)Blueberry mask
3)Eye Cream
4)Fruit mist
5)Honeydew cleanser
6)Night Cream

I LOVE all of these and none irritate my skin at all!

If you have sensitive skin like me, I'd highly recommend Mychelle products. They are a little expensive. A good place to buy them is on e-bay. I bought the blueberry mask for $9 and it cost like $20!

paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 5:45am
Hair Care:

Since deciding to let my hair grow, I.....

1)Sleep on satin pillowcase.

2)Stopped using the blow dryer. Sometimes, I blow dry my bangs on cool setting.

3)Stopped using a hair brush. I use my horn comb only.

4)Started taking vitamins. For good over all health and healthy hair. And, my fingernails have never looked so good! I'm taking calcium with vitamin D and Fish Oil pills.
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 3:28am
Hair Products......

After getting my hair dyed in Nov. 07. I bought some Pantene 2 in 1 for color treated hair. I also tryed some Garnier Fructis shampoo and conditioner. Well, my hair is thick and these shampoos left my hair too fluffy, and frizzy. I bought some anti frizz spray, that helped some. I did some research and after reading what cones can do to your hair made me want to stop using these!

These are the hair products I'm using now......

1)Naked Naturals shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair. I bought these at Walgreens. It has a light fragrance, and leaves my hair feeling clean, light and soft. I shampoo my scalp only. And, use conditioner from the ears down.

2)Love, my new horn comb. I never would of thought a comb would make SO much difference! I have no static and very little frizzys.

3)After my hair is dry, I use the jojoba oil. I rub little in my hands then rub it on my hair. No more frizzys!!!

So, my hair was driving me nuts. I'm happy now with my hair and the products I'm using I'll be sticking with for awhile.

*Tip: I'm using my old conditioners to shave my legs. It works good and leaves my legs feeling soft.
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2008 at 6:29am
Goals, Plans & Pics.......

My goal for now, is to get rid of these layers and have 1 length shoulder length hair. Then, I can grow it as long as I want.

My plan is to get 1/2 inch off every 4 months. Maybe more, if I'm happy with the length, just to get rid of the layers! I'm happy with my hair right now. The back is resting past my shoulders. So, If I keep getting trimmed and still have that length, I'd be happy. Smile

I've been taking pic of the back of my head, the 1st of every month. I can see it's grown quite a bit. I bought a tape measure the other day, and my hair is 17" long. Thats measuring from the top of my forehead to my back.

Here is a picture of how short I wore my hair. It was this short 6 months ago!

Now, I can wear it in a ponytail!!!

paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2008 at 3:35am
Non Hair Entry: Diet & Exercise

So, I gained 10 lbs over the holidays and winter. Dead My goal is to lose that plus 20 more! I just got done low carb diet and in 3 weeks I've lost 9 lbs. Today, I'm starting a crazy diet lol. It's called 11 day diet or diet for idiots. If you go to their web site it cost like $40. I bought it at e-bay for $9.99. You get a list of foods and you pick 30 that you like and a 11 day diet plan is made for you. It says your suppose to lose 9lbs in 11 days. Go off diet for 3 days then back on for 11 days. We will see how it goes! Should be fun anyways.

Exercise: I was using my treadmill everyday. The last time I used it, it all of a sudden went full speed. I couldn't turn it down or off. I had to jump off it and unplug it. I just found out the other day, this happened to other people and some were injured. The company is sending me free moter and computer for treadmill. I can't wait to get my treadmill back working.

I'm so excited, my Pom-A-Poo puppy was born last night! hoorayWill be getting some pics today.

paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 7:11pm
Update.....

Touched up my roots today. It turned out great! I'm not going to wait as long next time. I waited 4 months and had about 2" of new growth.

Here's a pic of my Pom-A-Poo puppy.....

The black one is mine, her name is Lucy.

Edited by paper - March 28 2008 at 8:21am
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 7:39am
Dieting.....

So, I tryed the 11 day diet AKA fatloss4idiotsdiet. Well, I didn't  lose any weight. Unhappy I would not recommend this diet.

I started a diet plan of my own. I will be eating....

cereal
veg
fruit
fish
chicken
shrimp
skim milk
coffee
tea
water

The part for my treadmill is on back order until April 11th. I will be so glad to get my treadmill working again! That will help with the weight loss.
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 9:16am
I just bought some hair jewelry on e-bay. I think I got a pretty good deal. I bought 3 pieces and with shipping and handling, I paid about $15. I'll post pics when I get them. Can't wait, there so pretty!
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 8:19am
Pictures of my new hair jewelry....

Edited by paper - March 30 2008 at 10:28am
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2008 at 8:55am
Update Sept. 08....

It's been 6 months since my last entry and 1 yr. since my last short hair cut. This last yr., I had my hair trimmed 3 times, an inch off the back each time, to get rid of layers.

This is the way my hair looked 6 months ago....

And, this is what it looks like now. I'm wearing my new flexi-8, which I love!....

Routine....

I'm now using Giovanni Shampoo and Conditioner. A little Jojoba Oil on my ends. Heavy overnight oiling with Coconut Oil, as needed.

Plans...

My only plans are to not trim as much and take good care of my hair. Smile

My Puppy, Lucy.....

Lucy is 6 months old now. Here is her picture.....

She so sweet, I love her so much!!!

paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 4:59pm
Update Dec. 08....

Length Shot....

Trimming....

I had my hair trimmed about half inch on Oct. 30th. My layers are pretty much gone, I'm so happy about that!!! My plan is to get a small trim every 4 months. To keep my ends in good shape and to get my hair all one length.

Root Touch Up.....

I touched up my roots on Nov. 20th. I probably won't have to do them again for about 3 months.

Routine and Products.....

I am using Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo and Conditioner. I love this stuff! I wash my hair twice a week, and apply jojoba oil to the sides and ends after. About once a month, I do a deep over night condtioning with coconut oil.

Goals.....

I have a mini goal of 20". I measured my hair today, and I'm at 19"! I will reach that goal soon. My next goal will be APL=Arm Pit Length.

Updos.....

Here are a few updos I tryed. A cinnabun and braid.....

Lucy.....

Oh, I got Lucys hair cut too :).....

paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2008 at 12:31pm
New Hair Toy....

I bought this cute green flower ponytail holder at Walmart today for only $4.00. It's so pretty!

This is how it looks in my hair.....

smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2008 at 2:17pm
Way to grow!!!  Your hair is growing nicely and I love your hair toys, very pretty.  I hope my ends will have a nice wave like yours.  They give your hair movement.  Thanks for the updates!
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2008 at 3:10pm
Thanks Jenn! I'm waiting on a new flexi-8 I bought. I'll post pics when I get it.

julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2008 at 3:56pm
I hope it's ok that I also add your hair looks great!
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2008 at 7:41am
Thanks Jules! Smile

It's ok with me if someone wants to leave a comment on my journal. I feel like Jenn does, it is encouraging!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2008 at 11:51am
Looking good. Just inch away from your 20" goal. Way to go. Now to arm pit. Good luck.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
  Share Topic