Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPaper's Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 18>
Author
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2009 at 6:16pm
You know Paper, the only place I have silvers (gee, that's nicer than grays!) is right in front of my ears and I confess, I have been using dye on the roots!!!

Your picture above is beautiful!!
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2009 at 7:29am
Thanks Kitty Kat!

I like the sound of silver better too.  Theres nothing wrong with coloring your  hair, as long as you don't mind the upkeep.
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2009 at 7:46am
Originally posted by Pburgh56 Pburgh56 wrote:

Wow paper 4 " of new growth is amazing :) YOur hair looks very beautiful in he picture too and I def think no matter how gray or white it gets that it would look awesome :) U should post some pics of u with braids?

Awww thanks Pburgh, your sweet! I will try the braids. Theres a real cute style I'd like to learn. I can't remember what it's called. You part your hair in the back then braid both sides starting from the top, like a french braid. I'd love to be able to do that!
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2009 at 11:26am
wow i have been away awhile.Your hair has grown so much.And the color is so pretty.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2009 at 11:23pm
Awwww paper id love to be able to do that too. I think I know what ur talking about. Is it like two french braids on the back of your head? Like french braid pigtails almost ? Any other styles I should try too ? :)
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 7:05pm
Thanks LHD!

Hey Pburgh, Yeah french braid pigtails sounds right. I think it would be tough to do them on myself. Have you ever tryed googling updos for men? That might give you some ideas. Or you tube.

Here is a picture of my new Ficcare headband. It is very nice. But, I don't think there worth what I paid for and probably won't buy another one. But, it is pretty!

Edited by paper - August 01 2009 at 7:35am
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 7:21pm
That's pretty! Does it feel comfortable? I wear headbands a lot because my hair tends to fall in my face. But I find most of them, after wearing a few hours, start hurting right behind the ears.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2009 at 5:22am

Paper I love the headband. I actually have started wearing one too due to the fact that my bangs are getting longer. Do u think i could pull off one like u have?

I think ud be able to do the pigtails on urself too with the braids its worth a shot. I will def look up updos for men too id love to get one :) any ideas?
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2009 at 7:41am
I ended up sending the Ficcare headband back. It just didn't fit me right. Not impressed at all, for the price! I'm exchanging it for a blue jean maximas clip. I've been wanting one of those, so I'm excited about that!

Update...I took this picture yesterday. I'm loving how the dark brown semi dye turned out. I like the way it's blending with my natural color. I'm wearing my hair down alot more now.

smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2009 at 10:22am
Hey girlie!  I like the way your color turned out.  That will make it sooo much easier to deal with as your silvers get longer.  I don't blame you one bit for going that route b/c I would have done the same, for sure!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2009 at 10:46am
Hey paper Im soooo glad that u are wearing ur hair down more. it really is beautiful and u should show it off more :) I love the collar too. did the new hairtoy arrive?
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2009 at 2:45pm
Thanks Jenn! I had to do something, it was color or cut it. I didn't want to grow out short layered hair again!

Thanks Pburgh! I'm glad I'm wearing my hair down more often too! I'm one that thinks there no sense of having long hair if you have to wear it up all the time. I have 3 new hair toys coming in the mail. :) I'll post pictures when I get them.
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2009 at 4:02pm
Hey Paper! I love the color! Looks fantastic! I got my extra-large flexi yesterday and it works for a french twist. I've been having my hubby take a picture everytime I do a different hairstyle so I can start a journal. I'm anxious to see your new hair toys!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2009 at 4:07pm
I cant wait to see the pictures :) what toys did u get? I totally agree with u too if you have beautiful long hair flaunt it and wear it down :)
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2009 at 8:04am
Thanks Kitty Kat! I am so much happier with my hair color now! I'm glad your flexi works for you. It can be tricky finding the right size. I'm glad you have been taking pictures too. I can't wait to see them and I'm looking forward to your journal also. :)

Pburgh, I'm getting a bule jean maximas ficcare clip. A flexi headband and O ring. The O ring is something new. It's like a flexi made into a circle for a ponytail.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2009 at 8:55pm
Oh wow that sounds really cool. The headband is cute for sure :) can u let me know how u like the O ring? i may be interested in getting one of those :) they sound really cool. I went to the salon today and I now have a center part :) They said my hair was getting too long and my bangs were in my eyes so I got it parted as it grows longer. Big accomplishment :)
Bob S View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 3:13pm
     I hope things are going well for you, Paper. Keep on pluggin"! Beautiful pictures from July, BTW. Wink Bob
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 5:25pm
Hi Bob! Thanks for stopping by, and for the compliments!

I have some news....I cut my hair! The 2 tone and 2 textures have been driving me nuts. I went to the hair dressers today and had her cut my hair to my shoulders. It feels so good to get rid of alot of this old dye. I thought long and hard about this for probably a month. It was the best decision for me. I have no regrets.

I will try to get some before and after pictures up!
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by paper paper wrote:

Hi Bob! Thanks for stopping by, and for the compliments!

I have some news....I cut my hair! The 2 tone and 2 textures have been driving me nuts. I went to the hair dressers today and had her cut my hair to my shoulders. It feels so good to get rid of alot of this old dye. I thought long and hard about this for probably a month. It was the best decision for me. I have no regrets.

I will try to get some before and after pictures up!

O-M-G!!!!!
Wow, that was gutsy!  I can't wait to see pics!  I'm glad you thought about it for a good while and are happy with your decision.  Guess we can grow out together from here....LOL!!!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 8:22pm
Omg im sooo shockied u cut ur hair but hey if it makes u happy and it gets u liking it better i support it :) please post pics and are u still letting it grow from now? Can u still do cute styles with it after it was cut?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 18>
  Share Topic