Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

_Princess_'s Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2008 at 9:41pm

Aight so I got my hair done on Friday, since she's not in on Saturdays...But yea I got my curls, I hadda get a lil bit of hair left out since a bang wouldn't of looked right with it..So I gotta attempt tha "blendin" thing again, which as I stated before sucks because my hair is mad thin so blended or not you can still see tha tracks and to try and hide tha tracks I gotta use this black gel stuff which makes my hair mad hard n fall out...But I'm not thinking about that now..My main concern is figuring out how ta 'set' my hair so that when I sleep, I don't smush/flatten tha curls which I jus adore and my parents seem to like as well Shocked..I need batteries so that I can take pics of me & my new look..But I'mma get them soon, hell I gotta get some 2morra cause graduation is Monday and I'mma need them ta take pics!! And of course I'mma need them for when I go away on vacation.

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2008 at 7:55pm

Aight I'm about ta wash my hair for tha 1st time and this is my 1st time with curly hair, I really don't kno what ta do or whats tha best way ta wash curly hair without messin' up them curls...So its an experiment. And I thought I'd keep track of things I used/what works for this hair and for all the other hair I'll use or have used just for future refrence.

So I'll start with my 1st install: 12 inches, layered cut, straight hair, brand "Best Hairs" I believe, not certain b/c I unfortunately didn't get a good look @ tha package nor thought ta keep it n my girl done did toss it LOL but tha hair was sooo good fa me...
- I detangled/combed it out every day/night (nothin' major)
- Used very lil shampoo (diluted)
-Diluted conditioner in spray bottle (also sprayed inbetween tracks/braids)
-Tea tree oil/shampoo diluted in spray bottle for braids
- Very lil/light hair conditioner/creme

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2008 at 7:20pm

Alright so I washed my hair las night in hopes ta cleanse it of tha stuff I put in n ta detangle it but once tha hair absorbed tha water, I smelt tha smell perms have and my hair/curls started straightening out. So yea, I lost my pretty pretty curls Cry and now have long wavyish hair, but its human hair so I can straighten it out n use tha curling iron on it, but I doubt I can get back my curls.

@ least now I kno how they get them pretty curls, they perm tha hair wit them size rollers...But tha thing I don't get is that they say on tha package that tha hair can be washed n this n that but when you go ta wash it, whomp whomp, you loose tha look you was goin' fa, tha style you bought tha hair for in tha 1st place.

But don't get it twisted, I'mma make it work. I like playin' with my hair n tryin' different tings, and I still gotta full head of hair w/ this install, jus gotta get all tha tangles outta it and go from there...

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2008 at 8:37pm

I tried to make it work as long as I could (1 week and like 2 days), tha hair sucks once it was wet/curls were gone. Yes I had longer wavyish hair but it stunk. It still smelt like perm and wouldn't stop leaking color when wet, like tha dye kept washing off (which stunk some more and made everything a brownish color) NOT to mention it itched the hell out of me! I wouldn't stop itching OMG did it itch!

So now I'm kinda torn between using that hair again, mainly because the curls the hair has before tha wash are soooo pretty and I just adore them, but I kno it can't be washed or wet, which makes detangling it one hell of a feat, so if I do decide to get another sew-in, I'd have ta find anotha brand of hair ta try cause I'm not too sure if I'd trust back Sensationnel's human curly hair...

Edited by _Princess_ - May 31 2008 at 8:41pm
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2008 at 11:21am

Ok since getting full head weaves cost so much I've been thinkin' of investing in some wigs since they cost less than buying tha hair and with how much it costs ta get it intalled you can get you a few wigs for that price.  Well I have 2 of them which I really like, I jus got tha 2nd one yestaday and I love it, gotta work with tha bangs some cause the kinda long, come past my eyes and don't wanna stay put LOL, but its still cute, love tha color. And I gotta get ova tha fear that they gonna fall offa my head! LOL And I jus ordered a half wig, which I'm thinking might fit (be secured) like my clip on extensions with tha lil combs, but if all else fails and I feel like I need extra security, I'll jus sew on tha lil extension clips I have and make it work.

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2008 at 11:33am

Oh and anotha thing, if I do decide to get a weave again, I gotta find me a new stylist. Now I do like Miss Vanessa and all but if I do get anotha install, its gonna be curls and I'm gonna want a full head of curls, no hair left out what-so-ever! And she says that it won't look right with a bang and I really don't want a bang, I want a full head of curls and I've seen people who have full head curly weaves, with NO HAIR LEFT OUT! And thats what I want so I gotta find somebody who can make that work, so tha stylist hunt is on!

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2008 at 7:48pm

Short looks:

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2008 at 4:06pm
The look I'm going for/thinking of gettin' done for my cousins wedding if I do an up-do is:
My hair is currently too short for it (almost shoulder length) and way too thin for it to come out looking as in the picture so I'm wondering if it can be achieved w/ extensions
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2008 at 2:27pm
*Things to buy*
EVOO
(Massage into hair/scalp)
Hair Vitamins
(Biotin, MSM)
ORS Hair Mayo
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2008 at 1:58pm
As of late, I wanna try microbraids...I've had my hair in box braids b4, but never micros, with weave. I've seen a basic tutorial and it seems fairly easy...but then doing my own hair, where I can't get a full view/grasp of the back may be a challenge, but I'm up fa it. Jus need tha money fa tha hair and well ta see what hair would hold up best.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 10:01am
As disheartening as it may be, I've come to the realization that there's no way I'd be able to re-grow tha hair I've lost unless it was thru surgery and I'm not down fa that..but I'm still tryin' ta keep whateva lil I have healthy

In other news: I'm sick
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2009 at 9:27pm
Aight I haven't posted in here ina min and yea, so I never got around to doing micro's but I still have some hair for it, whenever I do decide to do it.

I've decided that as much as I like different styles and changing up my look, weaves ain't for me.  They cost soo much and last about 1 1/2 month (that varies on hair n whatnot).

I've now ventured into half wigs, I like, just braid up my hair and throw it on, style and I'm good ta go. I wanna try lace ones too...jus gotta up my funds on that. There's quite a few styles I've been eye'n.  I need to hit up the BSS's round me to see how much they sell them for, and where's the better deals @. This one girl in tha A mentioned how tha BSS by her gives an automatic 30% off all wigs, I wonder if tha ones by me do that as well. Or do tha price match thing.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2009 at 9:33pm
Another thing, I still love my hair, my curls, so I'd def. be doing my clips and styling my hair and whatnot.

Especially since I'm growing out my hair as long as I can until I get so completely tired of it that I'd want it cut short again. Or shave it all off, which I want to do whenever someone has a comment to make about my hair and what they think I should do to regrow it.

They need to hush, its hopeless, I've accepted that fact, they should as well. It ain't stress, it ain't this, it ain't that. Doctors can't find nothing wrong, so its just how its supposed to be!

Not everyone is meant to have everything, and a full head of hair is one a them things I'm not meant to have. Oh well, I am not my hair and I'm beautiful with the hair I have.

I have other options for styling, and I don't mean that teasing mess that heffa did to my head for tricks wedding! That mess may have looked cute, but it was a dry, icky mess with all that freaking hairspray she threw up in my hair.

But I digress
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2009 at 8:59pm
As much as I love my hair...its still very depressing, disheartening to see all the hair that falls out day to day and throughout tha day *sigh*
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 10:11pm
As much as I like my "Good Girl Gone Dark" look, which is my natural shade, which I'm rockin' right now, I think its a bit too harsh for me/my complexion.  My eyebrows are black/1B-ish and I think I'd be better off with a lighter shade. I love love LOVE browns, dark brown, golden brown, and think, make that I know browns look really good with my complexion.

Now I'm not saying it looks bad on me, it doesn't...just think its a bit too harsh on me, the browns have a warmer, gentler feel against my skin if that makes sense.

So I'm tempted to try and lighten them...when I really don't have...well I have a clue as to how to do it...but not sure how long I'd have to keep tha bleach or whateva on...thus why I'm kinda hesitant to try it.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 10:16pm
Another thing that I like, that I don't think looks the best on me is straight hair. I'mma curly girl, loves me some curls on tha real. And wheneva I straighten my hair, I've noticed that 9 out of 10 times I'm rocking a fitted or some sort of hat (mainly fitteds lol). I don't rock my hair stright all that much and have very few straight styles as is and I don't think I'll be adding any other straight styles to my collection eitha.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2009 at 9:51pm
Aight so I just braided up my hair, I'm gonna see how long they last/stay fresh before they get all messy up top due to tha combs n cap.  I'm gonna attempt to wear a full wig this week and see how I like it so the real test would be starting 2morra, it'll be bout 7hrs with it on...I'm not sure of the longest I've been with a full one on, half ones I've done long time cause I usually rock it with a head band so no hair in my face or way.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2009 at 9:53pm
I gotta remember to pick up some hydrogen peroxide cause I wanna try ta see if I can lighten up my brows a lil...jus experiment with lightly nothing too much or too drastic, even to soften up tha black would be a plus.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2009 at 7:49pm
Soo part of me wants to cut and shave off all of my hair and start from scratch..to see if that makes any difference in my hair..Now I'm sure I'd look funny as all hell with a baldie/no hair..but who knows how it'd turn out.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2009 at 10:11pm
Ok so I finally got the HP, gonna see how it plays out, hopefully for the best lol, hoping there wouldn't be any setbacks

Which by the way stinksDead

Edited by _Princess_ - April 22 2009 at 10:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic