Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - **Updated pics on pg 3** "Cleopatra I" is born!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

**Updated pics on pg 3** "Cleopatra I" is born!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 9:06am
Diva, on a side note, HBoutique must allow more posts per page than BHM. I was wondering why your thread hadn't  made 2 pages yet w/ all the replies. On BHM it would have been up to 3 pgs by now i think lol

I LIKE more posts per page, less clicking

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 9:07am
Ha-ha LMAO. Finally a PAGE 2!!!!!

ETA: u know long as i been member of HB, i NEVER been in this section before. To my knowledge(memory) this is my first thread post over here. U know i STAY in the extensions -wigs  section on both boards lol

Edited by Koffee Brown - March 05 2008 at 9:08am
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Koffee Brown Koffee Brown wrote:

Diva, no that's not the one i was talking about  but i have that one too lol. But the link u posted from  his & her for 'cutaway base & wig bases' -- they used to have 2 other types listed on that page   The one labeled "E"-- see how it's 'open' in back? The one i liked was like that all over, and is a little more stable than the one labeled "Skin base Integration Base".

I posted pix of it on BHM lemme see if i still have links.  I did call them askingn about it and the lady said they didn't sell a nymore.    I liked that one best so of course it's the one they don't carry anymore lol.

But keep it up, u'll be ventilating hair soon lol
Ahhhh I see.. Oh well.. Thought I had it there.. The one labeled "E" is the one I'm thinking very hard about.. But I'm gonnna go down there to see all these caps in person and decide..

Girl I can promise you that I won't be ventilating.. that's more work than a sistah wants to do.. However, I have a connection for someone who can ventilate the tops for me if I ever go that route.. I think for now I'm gonna stick to closures and frontals for closing off my creations..

Originally posted by zzharia zzharia wrote:

Diva I used this weave cap that i got from ebay , I had to adjust a little but it works for me and was easy to sew around , hope the link show up
Oooooo.. thanks for the information.. You know I had this base once upon a time and was going to us use it to make a wig to sew on.. I ended up "re purposing" it for something else.. Now that I know you have used it successfully this way, I'm gonna give this base another looksee..

ZZ: yeah your link works. That's the same one i used before too called deluxe weaving cap. I used those to make my "U cut out" wigs w/ top part cut out for my own natural hair to make a center part. Diva, u remember when JadeDimps and I (and others) were doing the hairpiece challenge where we made wigs and cut out some of it to have our own hair out.  Thoseworked nicely but i think adding the snap clips  for center part got the best of us in those -- those clip combs can break your hair if u not careful. 
Yep I remember ya'll making those pieces.. I was thinking about making something similar, but I planned to attach it by sewing it on.. Those hairclips scare me.. I always worry about breaking off my hair with those.. (which is why I abandoned my "clip-in" project years ago) I used a plastic accordion comb on "Cleo" to secure the front instead of those clips. Saaaaayy that's a thought!! Have you guys thought about using those for your partial pieces?

Edited by Divavocals - March 05 2008 at 11:32am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 11:31am

Diva, on a side note, HBoutique must allow more posts per page than BHM. I was wondering why your thread hadn't  made 2 pages yet w/ all the replies. On BHM it would have been up to 3 pgs by now i think lol

I LIKE more posts per page, less clicking
Yep.. I also like the fact that the search function works.. ALL the time without any manipulation..

Ha-ha LMAO. Finally a PAGE 2!!!!!

ETA: u know long as i been member of HB, i NEVER been in this section before. To my knowledge(memory) this is my first thread post over here. U know i STAY in the extensions -wigs  section on both boards lol
Me too.. I started out on the extensions & weaves forums too..  then I discovered this section, and started making regular visits here too.. Very cool mellow vibe on this forum.. not that the extensions forum isn't cool.. but every time I come to this side of HB, I wanna burn some incense and "mellow out"..
MsMahoganyRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 7:37pm

Diva your wig looks great...funny thing...I DID THE SAME...since I didn't have my babies and no BHM I decided to do the wig this weekend...and I love it!!!  I used the deluxe wig cap and it was super easy...I plan to do another this upcoming weekend...LOL Now I see how MsCuddles was so addicted to them...

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by MsMahoganyRed MsMahoganyRed wrote:

Diva your wig looks great...funny thing...I DID THE SAME...since I didn't have my babies and no BHM I decided to do the wig this weekend...and I love it!!!  I used the deluxe wig cap and it was super easy...I plan to do another this upcoming weekend...LOL Now I see how MsCuddles was so addicted to them...

Thanks girl..Embarrassed

Yes indeed.. I think I'm hooked too.. My project was born out of necessity, but girl I think I'm kinda hooked..LOL Gonna roll by His & Her this weekend and pickup the Deluxe Weaving cap and make another one.. I'm also gonna buy two of their other wig bases to make a few others.. I'm planning to order a Light Yaki closure and another Indian Remy closure and make two more wigs. I want to make sure I've REALLY got the hang of it before I step up and start making wigs out of my GOOD hair..

The interesting thing is that I HATED this Tony Zhang hair when I used it for a weave, but I kept it 'cause I thought it would make a nice wig.. and boy I am having more fun wearing this wig than I did when I had a weave out of this same hair..LOLLOLLOL
NadiaPost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NadiaPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 10:53pm
Diva it looks really nice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2008 at 7:52am
Originally posted by Divavocals Divavocals wrote:

Thanks girl..Embarrassed

Yes indeed.. I think I'm hooked too.. My project was born out of necessity, but girl I think I'm kinda hooked..LOL Gonna roll by His & Her this weekend and pickup the Deluxe Weaving cap and make another one.. I'm also gonna buy two of their other wig bases to make a few others.. I'm planning to order a Light Yaki closure and another Indian Remy closure and make two more wigs. I want to make sure I've REALLY got the hang of it before I step up and start making wigs out of my GOOD hair..

The interesting thing is that I HATED this Tony Zhang hair when I used it for a weave, but I kept it 'cause I thought it would make a nice wig.. and boy I am having more fun wearing this wig than I did when I had a weave out of this same hair..LOLLOLLOL

That is good to know...what kind of bases are you looking into?  I want to step up my game as well.  I plan to get some Wagman's Relaxed Straight and do a wig outta that as well...I am in love because I sew it down in for four different places and then plan to take it down each week for a weekly deep conditioning and a good wash...so this is so ideal...
Weave Master View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weave Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2008 at 8:04am
That wig looks real good diva. You are a diva.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2008 at 9:23am
Originally posted by NadiaPost NadiaPost wrote:

Diva it looks really nice
Hey Nadia!!! **waves** Thanks girl!..

Originally posted by Weave Master Weave Master wrote:

That wig looks real good diva. You are a diva.
LOLLOL Thanks girl! LOLLOL

That is good to know...what kind of bases are you looking into?  I want to step up my game as well.  I plan to get some Wagman's Relaxed Straight and do a wig outta that as well...I am in love because I sew it down in for four different places and then plan to take it down each week for a weekly deep conditioning and a good wash...so this is so ideal...
I might use the weaving cap for one, but I'm really leaning towards one of these bases as well:
I want to work my way up to making wigs that I will sew down.. I wanna try a few different bases to find the right one for that kind of application.. I plan on wearing them sewn down for short 4-6 week stretches.. I figure it will be similar to wearing a net weave..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2008 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Divavocals Divavocals wrote:

I might use the weaving cap for one, but I'm really leaning towards one of these bases as well:
I want to work my way up to making wigs that I will sew down.. I wanna try a few different bases to find the right one for that kind of application.. I plan on wearing them sewn down for short 4-6 week stretches.. I figure it will be similar to wearing a net weave..

It does feel like wearing a net weave...but I am going to peak at the bases you listed above...let me know what you come up with...
zzharia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzharia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2008 at 12:31pm
I will take some pics of mine at the weekend and put into my fotki. I will need something less time consuming than Lf when the baby arrives and these are ideal . I hope to have at least 3 to swap and change for when my baby arrives .
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2008 at 4:31pm
wow diva you did a great job.. Clap
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by zzharia zzharia wrote:

I will take some pics of mine at the weekend and put into my fotki. I will need something less time consuming than Lf when the baby arrives and these are ideal . I hope to have at least 3 to swap and change for when my baby arrives .
Yes please do girl!! BTW, congrats on the upcoming baby girl!!Tongue

Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

wow diva you did a great job.. Clap
Thanks girl!!!
zzharia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzharia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2008 at 12:19pm
Hi Ladies

As promised i have posted pics in my Fotki http://public.fotki.com/zzharia/wagmans-ns-/ pw wagman

Edited by zzharia - March 09 2008 at 2:16pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 5:11pm
Diva, this is the cap i was talking about. Let me know if u see it in the shop when u go  by there. Sometimes they  have things onsite that they don't list on website i guess.  I would like to get a couple more like this .

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 6:20pm
Koffee!!! Girl.. This is VERY similar to the cap I looked at last time I was down there.. I am going on Friday.. PM me.. If they have this cap, I'll be happy to pick one up for you if you like..
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 12:51pm
Go on ahead Mrs. Divavocals , shoot I might just try and make my own phony pony one of these days!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by blackhoney112 blackhoney112 wrote:

Go on ahead Mrs. Divavocals , shoot I might just try and make my own phony pony one of these days!
Thanks girl..Big%20smile If I can make folks leave me alone this weekend, I'm gonna make another one.. I'll post pics of Cleopatra II when she's done..Tongue
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:36am

I'm jealous

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic