Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - **Updated pics on pg 3** "Cleopatra I" is born!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

**Updated pics on pg 3** "Cleopatra I" is born!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: **Updated pics on pg 3** "Cleopatra I" is born!
    Posted: March 03 2008 at 6:56pm
Okay since cmesweet wants us to venture out of the BHM refugee thread, I thought I'd start something in honor of my BHM sistahs..

=====================================

I have TONS of hair in my stash that I said I was going to use to make wigs.. Funny thing is I kept collecting the hair, and never got around to making the wigs..Laughing This weekend I got inspired.. So I present to you "Cleopatra I". More pics and construction details can be found here: http://public.fotki.com/DivaVocals/cleopatra-i/

Edited by Divavocals - March 30 2008 at 11:57pm
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 8:39pm
lol,

Hey I'm   just saying, we keep  bumping one thread. lol

Anyways, you did a great job on that wig. Looks good!
flawless1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flawless1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 10:52pm
looks good, what did you do for the part?
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 12:20am
Lovely hair. I see the twins decided to show up for the pic too, hehehe.
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 9:10am
Cute..How'd you make tha part?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 10:13am
Originally posted by cmesweet cmesweet wrote:

lol,

Hey I'm   just saying, we keep  bumping one thread. lol
Girl my BHM sistahs needed time and a safe place to heal before they come out to play..

Originally posted by cmesweet cmesweet wrote:

Anyways, you did a great job on that wig. Looks good!
Thanks girl.. I'm kinda feeling this whole wig thing..

For those of you guys who asked about how I made the part...

**ahem**

I see some of ya'll did not go to my fotki and read the construction details..

**taps foot**

I used a closure to make the part.. I may eventually make a wig and send it out to have the top ventilated. For now I'll use closures for the top.. BTW.. The part looks VERY white it the photos.. It actually does not look that pale in person.. Dunno why the camera shows the closure that way..

Edited by Divavocals - March 04 2008 at 10:14am
zzharia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzharia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 10:34am
That looks great Thumbs%20Up , love the hair texture . I have done the same with my wagmans Ns , sewn the hair on to a wig cap , cut up a old Lf for a closure and sewed on around the periminter . Im def gonna make a couple more if I can find me some hair .
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 3:05pm
Hey Diva *waves*. Girl u over here making wigs and everything. That's pretty girl. U got the hang of it huh
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by zzharia zzharia wrote:

That looks great Thumbs%20Up , love the hair texture . I have done the same with my wagmans Ns , sewn the hair on to a wig cap , cut up a old Lf for a closure and sewed on around the periminter . Im def gonna make a couple more if I can find me some hair .
You sew your wigs on?? This is what I wanna work up to.. The base I used for Cleopatra isn't a good candidate for a sew on application..  What kind of base do you use for your wigs??

Originally posted by Koffee Brown Koffee Brown wrote:

Hey Diva *waves*. Girl u over here making wigs and everything. That's pretty girl. U got the hang of it huh
Hey girl! **waves back** Thanks girl.. Yep, got my wig block, and I was off like a bat out of hell.. LOLLOL

I'm really digging this wig.. It's the first time I've worn a wig, and didn't feel slightly self-conscious while wearing it.. I've been wanting to make a wig for a while now.. Finally got inspired this weekend.. My current work schedule is making it nearly impossible for me to schedule my next install.. So last week I did my takedown, and slapped on one of my phony ponies. I also bought a coupla of cute synthetic wigs to wear.

I was gonna roll with that until I can get my next install done, but all last week I realized that while synth phony ponies were okay, synth wigs were a different story.. IMO syth wigs are great for occasional wear, but after a week of the synth wigs, I realized that IF I was going to wear a wig for more than just an occasion, I would prefer to wear a human hair wig.. So I got inspired to finally make at least ONE of the wigs I had said I was going to make.. Very%20Happy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 4:01pm
Diva i remember u kept threatening to get in on the wig making challenge with us but u never did.lol. I know time is always a factor tho. But aren't they fun to make? I use cut lfront pieces for my part area. I use the deluxe weaving cap which i think u can find at gmbshair.com. I made a couple using the regular thick stretchy weaving net and that one is easy to sew on. But u can sew on the deluxe weaving cap type too. 
*~earthangel*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *~earthangel*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 4:51pm
Beautiful. Gurl you got skillz!
caliizactive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliizactive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 5:37pm
Diva that wig is Hawt!! Clap Are you taking orders yet?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 6:49pm
caliizactive & earthangel.. Thanks for the compliments girls..

Diva i remember u kept threatening to get in on the wig making challenge with us but u never did.lol. I know time is always a factor tho. But aren't they fun to make? I use cut lfront pieces for my part area. I use the deluxe weaving cap which i think u can find at gmbshair.com. I made a couple using the regular thick stretchy weaving net and that one is easy to sew on. But u can sew on the deluxe weaving cap type too. 
Girl I wasn't going to get on board til I found an easier way to do it.. All that talk about making saran wrap head molds and putting plastic bags on your head, & gluing tracks, etc had me stepping back and bowing down to you queens.. Then I re-read some of Jolie Princess' posts, and decided that I wouldn't do it unless I had a wigblock to ensure that the wig fit MY head.. (Plus it meant I could construct the whole thing OFF my own head) So after a week of synth wigs and phony ponies last week I got inspired.. Already planning out the next ones.. I might use the weaving cap for one, but I'm really leaning towards one of these bases:
I also am thinking about de-constructing one of my old raggedy phony ponies I don't wear anymore and replacing the hair with human hair.. Yep.. I've created a real monster..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 7:51pm
Diva, i agree. I make mine that way also except i use the bust of my actual head that DH made for me. I remember u were looking into getting a wig block. Glad it worked out for u.

Checked your links and i have all those bases u posted. I got about 20 bases from his/her while ago. I notice they don't carry the integration bases anymore. Wonder what happened w/ those. I liked those for kinky curly wigs because i could pull my own hair thru them to blend in

Edited by Koffee Brown - March 04 2008 at 8:00pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 11:55pm

Diva, i agree. I make mine that way also except i use the bust of my actual head that DH made for me. I remember u were looking into getting a wig block. Glad it worked out for u.

Checked your links and i have all those bases u posted. I got about 20 bases from his/her while ago. I notice they don't carry the integration bases anymore. Wonder what happened w/ those. I liked those for kinky curly wigs because i could pull my own hair thru them to blend in
Girl a wig block is the move!! I'm glad I waited to try making a wig  till I got one, and I would never try making a wig without one.. It ensured me that the finished wig would actually fit my head.. I did use my regular styrofoam head for sewing on the closure.. It was easier to "visualize" the closure on my styrofoam head than my wig block..

I think His and Her still carries the integration bases.. Is this what you were looking for? Skin Base, Integration Base, & Mesh

Edited by Divavocals - March 04 2008 at 11:59pm
tushay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tushay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 12:20am
nice job...i love the long curls....looks very pretty!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 12:36am
Originally posted by tushay tushay wrote:

nice job...i love the long curls....looks very pretty!
Thanks girl..Smile Cleo still needs a haircut, so I curled her so she'd have a little style until I can get her cut.. Not gonna do anything fancy on the cut.. just some simple long layers..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 3:18am
Diva, no that's not the one i was talking about  but i have that one too lol. But the link u posted from  his & her for 'cutaway base & wig bases' -- they used to have 2 other types listed on that page   The one labeled "E"-- see how it's 'open' in back? The one i liked was like that all over, and is a little more stable than the one labeled "Skin base Integration Base".

I posted pix of it on BHM lemme see if i still have links.  I did call them askingn about it and the lady said they didn't sell a nymore.    I liked that one best so of course it's the one they don't carry anymore lol.

But keep it up, u'll be ventilating hair soon lol
zzharia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzharia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 8:04am
Diva I used this weave cap that i got from ebay , I had to adjust a little but it works for me and was easy to sew around , hope the link show up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 9:05am
ZZ: yeah your link works. That's the same one i used before too called deluxe weaving cap. I used those to make my "U cut out" wigs w/ top part cut out for my own natural hair to make a center part. Diva, u remember when JadeDimps and I (and others) were doing the hairpiece challenge where we made wigs and cut out some of it to have our own hair out.  Thoseworked nicely but i think adding the snap clips  for center part got the best of us in those -- those clip combs can break your hair if u not careful. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic