Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Synthetic Sew-In..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Synthetic Sew-In..
    Posted: March 04 2008 at 9:34am
I'm gonna get a sew-in done with Outre Batik hair & I was wonderin' how much heat can be used with it, if at all...I've heard that some heat can be used, but not too sure. I'm wondering because I kno tha girl I go to, uses heat, least she did when she did my 1st eva install with human hair I believe, can't for tha life of me rememba tha name (but I loved tha hair so that sucks)..I know she knows what shes doin' but I'm jus curious about tha hair & heat in general.

Any & all comments about this hair in general are greatly appreciated. TIA
(I put this in this section thinkin' I'd get a betta response vs. otha threads...)

Edited by _Princess_ - March 04 2008 at 7:14pm
Weave Master View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weave Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 1:44pm
You might want to be careful because one of my clients had brought that synthetic hair that can be curled and girl it wasDead. You have to use water on the hair first and then curl it to control the heat. I did not like.DeadDead
Public.fotki.com/1marilyn1 (Check out my work)
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2008 at 7:37pm
I know this reply is mad late, but I ended up not using that hair, I still did synthetic and wore Kanubia Free Wave, which I loved and matched my own hair, and I had it in over 1 month.  It stayed soft, shed very lil..easy to manage n maintain, loved how tha hair looks when wet, my stylist was even surprised with how the hair looked n felt after I told her it was synthetic.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 9:55am
Do you have a picture? 

I wore a synthetic weave a few times. The last time, that weaved made my scalp itch so bad, people thought I caught the Holy Ghost in church. I was sitting there slapping myself in the head, eventually and literally, I ran out had to go home to take that junk out!
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 2:39pm

- That pic was taken with tha hair in for a month..

Tha only thing that was driving me crazy was tha net my stylist used, it drove my scalp crazy, I had to take scissors n cut inbetween the tracks and cut out tha parts of tha net that touched my scalp.

Edited by _Princess_ - April 25 2008 at 7:31pm
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 2:21pm
Your hair pic looks nice I tried the synethic sew in once and that was a tangle mess it didn't even last a month
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2008 at 3:11pm
The sew-in looks great. Very natural.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2008 at 2:56pm
Thanks, everyone thought it was my real hair too
cherieAmore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherieAmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 6:43pm

I posted some good info on the Outre' Pro10 along with instructional videos and can be found here: http://soulfulbeauty.com/article.php?n=21

A lot of people seem to reference it as synthetic but it's actually a new science and considered "organic"

lol
Need help choosing and using the right products for ethnic hair?
visit => http://www.soulfulbeauty.com for honest consumer reviews.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic