Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i cant find my old thread... (pictures!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
kaypetrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaypetrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i cant find my old thread... (pictures!)
    Posted: March 06 2008 at 9:26pm
but i'm back for some more ideas!

***i'm warning you now... LOTS of pictures!***

so, i went short in december.

(That was strait back from the salon)

but my hair isnt that strait. and it never stays strait all day. here's a bunch of pictures from the last month of so, so you can get an idea of how my hair "likes" to be...

i really dont like how the back just does whatever the hell it wants.  i am pretty sure i want to go shorter (at least in the back). would this be flattering? do you think my hair would lie flatter (i think thats the word...)

any thoughts, ideas, pictures, anything would be appreciated!!!

makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 7:08am
Shorter in the back? Flattering? Are you kidding? Wink

I do believe that being shorter in the back would cause it to lie flatter. Without question it would look great on you!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 7:54am
I think shorter in the back would be fine... also that cut needs to be trimmed up every 4 or 5 weeks, esp. if your hair sort of wants to go its own way.

Do you use a flat iron?  My step daugher have that cut and though her hair is pretty straight she always finishes with the flat iron to give it "the look" as she calls it...

Good luck!

oh.. we love pics... the more the better!
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 8:53am
Shorter in the back would make it lie flatter.  You could have it stacked?

I hope this helps!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaypetrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 8:15pm
i really like your pictures conrad!

and yes, i use a flat iron after i blow out my hair in the morning, but it doesnt stay that way long...

i found this when i was browsing around the forums...

i really like the back.... its just hard to imagine what the front will look like with nothing behind it i guess...

i made an appointment to get it cut next Wednesday, i color it myself

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 8:56pm
Kay, I think that last picture you found will look great.  Have fun with it and let us know how it turns out.
HAWG
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 9:39pm
That photograph came from this website, take a look, they have a HUGE selection of short haircuts!

click on short on the left hand side!

Goodluck
p.s.
This is what the front looks like...

Edited by conrad - March 07 2008 at 9:43pm
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2008 at 12:02pm
I think the style you have chosen above would look amazing on you and hopefully would stop that little flick out bit at the back.  I don't think the front would look much different to as it is now, unless you add bangs, but i do not think bangs would suit you as well.  This style is very popular at the moment and if you want more examples just look at some of the other threads.  Please send some after pics if you go for it as i'm sure you will look stunning.
All the best
S
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2008 at 12:17pm
Here is a link to your old thread.

Cheers
S

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaypetrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2008 at 12:34am
thanks! i could have sworn i put it in short hair....

i'll keep you all updated, haircut on wednesday and i'll probably color it afterwards

thanks guys!
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2008 at 7:18am
Good luck Kay. Can't wait to see the results!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaypetrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 7:34pm
so its not quite what i wanted.

i like the front, i'm not entirely sold on the back yet.

i dont know. i guess i'm just dissapointed.

***uploading pics, post in a few

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaypetrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 7:41pm

i dont know. it doesnt feel like it looks that different and she cut almost 3 inches off.

side view. please excuse my cat/messy apartment. and my color looks butt ugly because of the flash

other side. no my hair isnt orange.

front

conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 8:11pm
I think it rocks!  What dont you like about the back?
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 8:15pm
I agree with conrad.  Think it looks amazing.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 8:17pm
I think it looks great also.  The back is awesome; you could go a little shorter as I think you'll be having the same problem as before in about six weeks.  But still, I think it looks fabulous.  Congratulations.
HAWG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaypetrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 10:03pm
i wanted it less "bobby" and shorter in the back.

its kind of stacked, i wanted more of a layered look. i'll try and get some better pictures this weekend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaypetrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 10:04pm
but it is growing on me

HairStyleDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 10:29pm
I think it looks great on you
Go for it change is good, Hair grows back.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 4:55am
I think it looks good also.  I also like the color - thinking it is probably a little darker minus the flash.
If I had to be picky...I would go a little shorter in the back and have a slight angle to the front.  I'm actually trying to get my wife to change her hair to something like yours
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic