Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i cant find my old thread... (pictures!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 6:09am
It looks very cute on you Kay.
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 7:14am
Kay,

Hope it is growing on you!  Seems like everyone here thinks it looks great.
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 4:14pm
It looks great on you - I'm sure you'll be able to get the back cut to look how you want it.  Perhaps the stylist is wary of doing something too dramatic if you haven't described it clearly enough.

Bizarrely I saw a woman last weekend who probably had the style you seem to be looking for (there was still length and movement at the front and sides but the back was cut close - not shaved - maybe 1 inch long about half way up the back of her head. 

But I wasn't going top go up to a comlete stranger and ask if I could photgraph her hair.
Its your hair, your choice and your decision
kaypetrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaypetrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Heratic Heratic wrote:

It looks great on you - I'm sure you'll be able to get the back cut to look how you want it.  Perhaps the stylist is wary of doing something too dramatic if you haven't described it clearly enough.

Bizarrely I saw a woman last weekend who probably had the style you seem to be looking for (there was still length and movement at the front and sides but the back was cut close - not shaved - maybe 1 inch long about half way up the back of her head. 

But I wasn't going top go up to a comlete stranger and ask if I could photgraph her hair.

i have SO wanted to do this before... is that bad? lol.

well it took 10 minutes to do this morning, bout 6 to blow dry and a few more to straiten it. i'll post some more natural (aka me doing it not stylist) pictures this weekend

thanks guys!
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 11:32pm
i have to say you have an amazing pair of eyes and your cut is very flattering on you  i really like the short front sooo many girls are getting the cut my wife has with the angle being too long in front this is a classic bob and the back is stacked nicely   i have to say if the back bottom part was about a half inch or so blended into the longer top then it would be the nicest bob i have ever seen    you totally have the face & hair for this type of cut............... A++++++++++++
can we see a back shot straight on?

Edited by lovebobs - March 13 2008 at 11:33pm
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 3:16pm
We have all wanted to ask to take pictures of another persons hairstyle but are always to afraid to ask. You are not alone.

I see what you mean about your hair style. I also love the length at the front but she didn't really angle the side up towards the back and layer the back shorter like the pictures you chose.  I still love your hair cut and think it looks great. It makes you look like you have a very elegant neck.
I would love to see a picture of the back as lovebobs has asked.

You never know next time you might get what you want,or when it is time for a trim (4-6 weeks) ask her to go shorter again. Show her the picture again and explain you want the back layered with shorter layer to create an angle up towards the back.

Anyway i'm rambling. You look stunning as usual. Keep us informed of how it goes. I love seeing the pictures of your various styles.

Cheers
S

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaypetrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 10:43pm
thanks so much guys!

i just colored it. I feel so much better back to my darker, not oragney brassy, color.

heres a quick pic. granted i didnt style it or anything, but theres the basic idea!

loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 5:05am
That is an awesome color.  I wish my wife would color her hair but she refuses. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 7:09am
Thumbs%20Up

Color & cut both look great!  Good job Kay!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 4:17pm
     Kay, though I'm a lover of long hair, I think your cut looks really good on you. That's a cut my wife had twice while in transition, and it was pleasing. Bob Big%20smile 
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 5:43pm

looks very good that color...

so are you keeping it or is the back going to be cut shorter and higher up?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaypetrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 8:41pm
right now its staying as is. i've been super busy so i really dont have time (or money) to mess with it!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaypetrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 9:16pm
Alrighty, its getting cut in the next few weeks.

I did a horrible job at photoshop, but this is what I want to go for. Keep the length at the front, but have it more layered in the back. The back hasnt started flipping yet thank god, but I really want to lose some length at the back sides (nice terminology right?)

length right now...

photoshoped. lmao

thoughts? i'm dying it this weekend. lighter this time I think
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 8:52am
That looks like it would be great.  My wife is contempating growing out her bangs long like yours to achieve the same effect.....she's not sure what she wants to do!  Here is what she has now.  I would love to show her what yours looks like when you get it done!  I really like the hiked up back!  Thanks and good luck

Here are some picks that she took to the stylist to achieve the back cut.
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 3:37pm
here are 2 i think would work and another that is very short but still keeps a little length in front   well?
20080303_213526_graduated_bob_f.jpg%20image%20by%20alandkimuntitledwwww.jpg%20image%20by%20alandkim 
and the shorter onephoto-maryjane-small.jpg%20maybe?%20image%20by%20alandkim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 2:46pm
Definitely think it will look good more layered in the back.  Also think it will look good lighter.  Go for it!

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 11:28pm
Me too.  Hope it goes well.
HAWG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaypetrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2008 at 9:24pm
hmm. color is not what i expected. not a big change.

i'll post pictures this weekend
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2008 at 10:11pm
Are the pics good,  or am I way off?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaypetrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2008 at 5:57pm
ok. picture time!

so basically i used a color that was a few levels lighter than what i normally use. problem was my hair tends to lighten over time after i color it, so there wasnt really a big difference in the finished color

I'm planning on getting it cut next monday. i know i waited to long, because my hair looks pretty special right about now.

here's the new color when my hair is straitened

these next pictures are after letting my hair airdry

right side (these are the same color, first is w/ flash)

left side (same color, first picture is w/ flash)

back

front

whew! hope this doesnt bore you all. hopefully you can get an idea of the color because there is a mix of pictures w/ and w/o the flash. i cant wait to get it cut!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic