Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how short is too short?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how short is too short?
    Posted: March 10 2008 at 1:36pm
Currently my wife wears her hair quite short, a #4 clipper cut up the nape to a little above the ears, and the top is a little over an inch long. She is looking at some very short styles again, like a #2 clipper(1/4") up the back and well over the ears, and quite short and spikey on top. She has worn her hair like this before and it looked very good on her, but it seems that around here you never see ladies with their hair that short anymore. What are some alternative styles that are shorter than what she has now, that may be more fashionable?
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2008 at 8:15pm
How 'bout one of these?

and my all time favorite

Edited by HAWG - March 10 2008 at 8:31pm
HAWG
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2008 at 10:39am
Thanks for the pics HAWG, I really like the first five pictures, as well as the last one. I showed them to my wife and to my suprise she liked them all, especially the second and fifth, which look like the shortest of them all.
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2008 at 11:41am
Originally posted by xxxzvp xxxzvp wrote:

Thanks for the pics HAWG, I really like the first five pictures, as well as the last one. I showed them to my wife and to my suprise she liked them all, especially the second and fifth, which look like the shortest of them all.

Tell your wife a definite Thumbs%20Up to the second & fifth.   VERY hot!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2008 at 9:40pm
That is so cool; she must be a brunette.  Let us know what happens and when.  Thanks
HAWG
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 8:14am
I like the fifth one, but maybe with a tad bit of a fringe, like in pic 8?  I like the side sweepingy look of it, I think it makes it an obvious ladies style so it would be more accepted too if short hair isn't fashionable where you are.
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 8:29pm
I forgot to answer the question posed in the subject line of your post.  For me, anything shorter than a #4 on top is too short; I feel that the top should still be long enough to have some style options; spiked, combed to either side, straight forward, etc.  Tapered sides and back from zero to blended with the top is awesome but most don't go for this; they seem to just cut the same length all over.  Tapering gives the cut some distinction.  Most salons don't have the expertise for tapering; for this, a good old fashioned barbershop is best.
HAWG
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2008 at 7:28am
Sorry it has taken so long to get back, but my wife got the big cut a week ago. She ultimately decided to go with the last picture that HAWG posted, I think because she has had this style before. The final result is very similar to the picture, but the sides and back are a little shorter, you can actually see scalp. The stylist used a #3 guard on the sides and back and cut the top with a razor. She really gave her a very strong hairline with the trimmers around the ears and on the nape, the bottom is shaved up into the hairline, giving a nice straight line across the bottom. And no, she isn't a brunette, she's copper blonde. The result is very striking, she really turns heads. 
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2008 at 9:30pm
That is so cool.  I'm happy for her.  I bet it looks awesome with her color.  I'm sure she is turning heads.  Thanks for the update.
HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic