Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone knows solutions to acne problems?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
shaliy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaliy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone knows solutions to acne problems?
    Posted: March 12 2008 at 7:08am

I have been suffering from acne problems and sometimes they really get worse. I have tried many of the anti-acne products available but I am not satisfied with them as I feel that the results they give are just a matter of time. Can anyone suggest me a good remedy for this?

tanmay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 12:31pm

This is just one of the most basic problems that most people encounter. I too had been through this and I am really happy to say that it was just a passing affair. I had tried a lot of remedies unless I used Clearly Gone. This product definitely suits your problem as you can see the results as you use it. This is just my opinion as I can feel your pain of being troubled by acne problems and would be happy that someone is relieved by the problem which had troubled me.

Walk Softly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walk Softly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 1:27pm
the only cure is acutane.  it made my daughters skin beautiful and clear, but the side effects can be really bad.  she also had some success with proactive.  most over the counter treatments don't work, or will work for a while. 

you may just need an antibiotic and a topical agent, you can get it by prescription.  I would do that first, because the prescribed stuff is stronger than the over the counter remedies.
djperez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djperez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 10:49pm
I have mild acne breakouts and use the philosophy makeup optional kit for congested skin and it works really well. They also have an acne kit that I've heard rave reviews about.
intl_babygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intl_babygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 9:00am
try things that have glycolic acid listed as one of the top 4 ingredients
hmm ... http://public.fotki.com/intlbabygirl/
elsa_marie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elsa_marie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 8:20pm
I would recommend sulfur soaps. I don't know how but they seem to dry up acne and in a matter of days your face seems to clear up. It even helps rid your face of blackhead and oily residue. Hope I helped! :)
curlywurly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlywurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2008 at 8:31am
The best ingredient to look for in creams is salicylic acid, i know a dermatoligist and she raves about it.  I think its garnier or nutrigena night range cream i bought, its in a blue tube - i think thats good but whatever you get try and get it with that ingredient in, also the night creams are the best coz you can plaster it on and they are generally stronger.  Have you tried face masks, coz once every 2 weeks i do one, i bought one from body shop - its a tee tree oil face mask - its like a green clay, this is really good stuff, just dont leave it on for longer than 15mins.

Hope this helps  :)
Work with what you've got and be grateful for it
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2008 at 5:32am
Acne is a real pain.
Most over the counter stuff really doesnt work because it dries your face out too much (and dry flakey skin can clog pores just as much as oil can!)

Find yourself a dermatologist.If the first one you go to isnt that helpful,look for another.It took me three before I found mine,but he was worth it.
Also,sometimes something will work for a while and suddenly stop.So there are LOTS of different treatments your dermatoogist might recommend.

Two bigs I can advise you on.
number one is DONT SMOKE. Believe it or not,it makes acne worse.

Also,it's summer,and alot of people dont realize that chlorinated pool water can cause dryness and breakouts too.

Dont feel discouraged.Everyone's skin is different,but there is something out there that will work for you.
jenifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2008 at 3:33am

Drugs, creams and typical acne cures sometimes work in a partial way but the results are temporary and the side effects are nasty. The tiny handful acne sufferers who have learned how to clear their acne from within and without ever using drugs or over the counters are the only people in the world who keep their skin clear permanently. Now you can learn these clear skin secrets from a nutritionist and a former sufferer who knows from real-world experience exactly how it's done with the knowledge on natural acne treatments

Zachary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zachary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 4:26am
I am sharing with you some of the tips that I have gathered over the years to solve acne problem.

• To prevent acne / breakouts due to blocked pores, use a mild soap-free cleanser to cleanse your face at least 2-3 times a day.

• If you have acne or very acne-prone skin then monthly salicylic peels help in unclogging your pores and prevent acne breakouts.

• Also, avoid touching your face or picking on any bumps or acne – that will only aggravate the problem.

Also, it’s a good idea to know your skin. You can get a free skin analysis done at Kaya skin clinics across the country
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2008 at 3:22am
I have been trying something new and it really has helped a lot.
 I have been taking 100 mgs of chelated zinc and 200 mcgs of chromium picolate  a day and my skin has improved tons!Less oil,less redness and no pimples.

Christian_Lucas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian_Lucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2008 at 4:25am
Hi! I have the same problem like urs but mine acne is not as bad but anyhow the best thing that i use for my acne to go away is my own PEE seriously it works...give it a try for at least 2 weeks and u will see the difference it works for me...
Christian_Lucas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian_Lucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2008 at 4:26am
Hi! I have the same problem like urs but mine acne is not as bad but anyhow the best thing that i use for my acne to go away is my own PEE seriously it works...give it a try for at least 2 weeks and u will see the difference it works for me...
RDYRED25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDYRED25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2008 at 10:28am
see a dermatologist....acne is controllable...
wvulovey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wvulovey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2008 at 2:01pm
If acne is *not controlable by topiclas and oralmeds from derm then go for
Accutane after you have tried everything else.

I did and it worked wonders and changed my life for the better. I was 13 at the time and had acne and now am 25 and it still works. But  I do now breakout a little . But am getting seriuos about takign better care of my skin now.
hayls* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hayls* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2009 at 11:42am
Wow... you pee on your own face? That's crazy. I have been taking liquid omega 3's, daily skin vitamins and drinking lots of water and have seen a vast improvement!! you see, your body relys on the kidneys and liver to get rid of toxins and when they are overloaded, the toxins expel through your skin. Keep cleansing your body!!
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2009 at 2:30am
A couple of NATURAL trick i have learned are in your daily diet. Acne is a medical problem when your body is lacking vitamins or acids to fight the bacteria. Eat lots of high acid fruits like oranges, grapefruit (also half a grapefruit a day will help you loose a lot of weight I learned that on accident) Also If your old enough or whatever drink a glass of "GRAPE WHINE" there is a country (cant remember the name off the top of my head.) that has never had a documented person with cancer. They have poor water but are a main distributor for grape whines. Anyways from the time they are children they drink grape whine. There is something with the way the seeds in the grapes are smashed when the whine is made. Its a major antioxidant so it helps keep your cells in great shape so they can fight off bad things in your body.
K back to diets. Take out pop, sugar, and caffeen... That will help soooooo much right there and drink lots of water. You will see in 2 weeks what a difference it has made in not only your skin but in the way you feel. Most people are too lazy, they want to take a pill and everything be better but thats not how it really works. So try this along with washing your face I love Nuetrogina face wash its gental and gets the job done.
Hope this helps a little.

biz4u1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biz4u1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2010 at 2:43am
< ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="PowerPoint.Slide">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft PowerPoint 11">< name="Deion" content="18/01/2010"><> .O {color:black; font-size:149%;} a:link {color:#CCCCFF !important;} a:active {color:#3333CC !important;} a:visited {color:#B2B2B2 !important;} < media="print">
Hi there !
Say “Yes!” to Beautiful Skin
Are you suffering from Acne, Pimples,Blemishes or  any Skin related diseases?Get Beautiful Skin.
Look Handsome/ Beautiful

For further information & Free Consultation
Contact Now !  Miss. Shah – 91-98 20 66 49 84
E-mail Now & Get Free 20 Tips on How to  Get Beautiful Skin
E-mail: biz4u1@yahoo.com

Edited by biz4u1 - January 18 2010 at 2:44am
E-mail Now & Get Free 14 Tips on How to Maintain Good Hair
biz4u1@yahoo.com
greentea66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greentea66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2010 at 8:51pm
"The best ingredient to look for in creams is salicylic acid". I agree with this. If this doesn't work then you may need to look into something more powerful. Seeing a dermatologist to explore options would be the best advice I could give.
emmawatson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmawatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2010 at 12:24am

Acne is a very common skin problem, with consequences that go beyond simply physical. Even when it is simply pimples, instead of the more severe forms like cystic acne, breakouts can affect a person's confidence, sense of well-being, and ability to go out and meet people.

Whilst teen acne is very common, people of all ages can be affected. In fact, it's estimated that 85% of people between the ages of 12 and 24 have suffered some type of acne.

Edited by emmawatson - June 11 2010 at 11:33pm
Emma Watson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic