Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What do guys think of hair extensions?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NICO. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NICO. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do guys think of hair extensions?
    Posted: March 12 2008 at 2:06pm
Just wondering what do guys this about women who wear hair extensions on a daily basis?

NICO. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NICO. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 2:07pm
*think
xianghua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xianghua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 2:17pm

I am not sure if you are asking if men have preconceived stereotypes of women who wear hair extensions or what. Personally, my guy loves the look of them and is happily forking over the ca$h for the constant upkeep of mine Smile

NICO. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NICO. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 2:30pm

I'm just nervous that the guy thst i'm currently into is going to get freaked out when he notices that I wear clip in hair extensions on a dialy basis.

TooBlessed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooBlessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 2:40pm
from what I've learned is that you have to do what is right for you and no one else.  If you are comfortable with it, that is all that counts.  You can bring up the topic to him about hair extensions and see where his mind is on it.

When I dated (married now), it was a take it or leave it situation:  take me AND my kids AND hair extensions or find someone else.  He took it.Big%20smile

malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by TooBlessed TooBlessed wrote:

take me AND my kids AND hair extensions or find someone else.  He took it.Big%20smile

Exactly!

I don't think guys care as much as we think they do.

LdyApxr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LdyApxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 4:26pm
I suppose that would be awkward to explain to a new boyfriend or date but its no different than wearing a wonder bra and having to explain that!  LMAO! 

DH loves my new hair and is willing to put up with my eccentricities like b00b surgery(went bigger), acrylic nails, extension etc.  I put up with his RC Helicopters so he puts up with me.  LOL
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by LdyApxr LdyApxr wrote:

I suppose that would be awkward to explain to a new boyfriend or date but its no different than wearing a wonder bra and having to explain that!  LMAO!  ....

LOL! This is so true! Weirdly enough, I think a lot of guys wouldn't put two-and-two together until you told them. Like, they wouldn't even notice the actual difference in length until you showed them specifically. My guy just rolls his eyes when I work on my hair.Smile I know he loves the way they look, but he doesn't want to see me putting them in or taking them out!!!!
Love clip-ins and tape!
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by TooBlessed TooBlessed wrote:

When I dated (married now), it was a take it or leave it situation:  take me AND my kids AND hair extensions or find someone else.  He took it.Big%20smile
Whoop there it is!!!LOLLOL My hubby has never cared.. I wore a GORGEOUS phony pony for my wedding.. If it was a big deal to him, I'd have to keep it moving.. I was an independent single woman for far too long to let some dude tell me how to style my hair....
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
LdyApxr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LdyApxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 5:20pm
Amen Diva!  I didn't get married until I was 33(6yrs ago) and lived on my own with my two sons before then so I have a pretty strong independent streak. 
Athena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 6:53pm
I don't think they care what we add to ourselves as long as it looks good!
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 9:22pm
If he hasn't noticed it yet, he probably never wil,lol. If he so shallow that he's freaked out about it dump him, just kidding,hehehe. He'll get over it. Suggestion: If he's the "Run my fingers through your hair" type of guy and you allow that sort of foolishness,lol, please warn him! You don't want him thinking you have some type of metal plates or shrapnel in your head, LOL
ALL EYES ON ME
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 3:33am
I don't think that most mean really care if you wear extensions.  I think most just consider it a 'girl thing', just like  wearing make up and getting your nails done.
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 4:31am
Most don't care....but i feel ya when you are with someone new...its kinda hard to tell them.....but you are nervous they will run there hands through your hair or god help you in the heat of passion they pull your hair..........now that might freak em' out..............could you imagine the face on the guy who pulled a weft out.........lol

Im with Honey...if he don't like em'....dump him..........cause most guys now days have seen it all when it comes to some of the stuff we do to ourselves...kinda like the water bra......lol
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Ms.Honey Ms.Honey wrote:

If he hasn't noticed it yet, he probably never wil,lol. If he so shallow that he's freaked out about it dump him, just kidding,hehehe. He'll get over it. Suggestion: If he's the "Run my fingers through your hair" type of guy and you allow that sort of foolishness,lol, please warn him! You don't want him thinking you have some type of metal plates or shrapnel in your head, LOL

LOL This makes me think of my bf and the instinctive reflex I have every time he raises hand and directs it towards my head! I do the whole 'head duck and bob.' But, then again, I wouldn't let him run it through my hair when I wore my natural hair either --- worked too darn hard on my hair for him to mess it up!! ahhhhh.....women!!!Smile
Love clip-ins and tape!
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 1:11am
Originally posted by fakeizme fakeizme wrote:

LOL This makes me think of my bf and the instinctive reflex I have every time he raises hand and directs it towards my head! I do the whole 'head duck and bob.' But, then again, I wouldn't let him run it through my hair when I wore my natural hair either --- worked too darn hard on my hair for him to mess it up!! ahhhhh.....women!!!Smile

And paid too much dang on money tooLOL Did you have to do the Karate blocks too. Girl you'd thought I had a blackbeltLOL
 Oh, one time I went to my clinic with a sinus headache. The doc( fine white boy, whooee, oops anyway) had to touch the sides of my nose with his thumbs and his fingers had to be in my hair for that position. I didn't have time to say anything and was thinking" Oh crap, he's gonna freak out and wonder "What the heck is that"LOLLOLLOL He didn't flinch or anything. I guess he'd already seen his fair share of weavesLOLLOL 
ALL EYES ON ME
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 1:07pm
Honey!Big%20smile Can't find the laughing emoticon!!! anyway, isn't it funny how we think about our weaves when we're in the weirdest 'positions'/situations?  You just can't help it. I bet that doc has seen his share of weaves/extensions. 
Love clip-ins and tape!
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 10:44pm

The doc( fine white boy, whooee, oops anyway) 

LOLLOLLOLLOL

Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by fakeizme fakeizme wrote:

Honey!Big%20smile Can't find the laughing emoticon!!! anyway, isn't it funny how we think about our weaves when we're in the weirdest 'positions'/situations?  You just can't help it. I bet that doc has seen his share of weaves/extensions. 

The whole time he was examining me I thought I was gonna throw upLOL I was waiting for him to consult with another doc about the odd ridges forming on my scalpDeadLOLLOLLOL
ALL EYES ON ME
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by malibu malibu wrote:

The doc( fine white boy, whooee, oops anyway) 

LOLLOLLOLLOL

He was girl. He was almost my next baby's daddyEmbarrassedLOLLOL
ALL EYES ON ME
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic