Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What do guys think of hair extensions?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Ms.Honey Ms.Honey wrote:

He was girl. He was almost my next baby's daddyEmbarrassedLOLLOL

LOLLOLLOLLOL
You are too funny!!!!!

Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 8:46am
hehehehehe, snort giggle
ALL EYES ON ME
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Ms.Honey Ms.Honey wrote:

...The whole time he was examining me I thought I was gonna throw upLOL I was waiting for him to consult with another doc about the odd ridges forming on my scalpDeadLOLLOLLOL

Bwaaaaaahhahahaaaaa!!!! Too much! LOL
Love clip-ins and tape!
billet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 4:00pm
Frankly I would love it if I could convince my wife to go for it.I've been hounding her for at least 10 years to have them done because she has baby fine hair that when she tries to grow it long,  just ends up with split ends so,she cuts it to get rid of them! Plus,I'm a big fan of big and or long thick hair,especially if it's curly.So far she just keeps saying no because she has heard all the horror stories about them not being un-detectable and also she does not want to have to explain to anyone how her hair got so long or so thick so fast! Oh well,mark me down as one who doesn't care if someones hair is all their own naturally or if they have had some help. Oh well,just call me frustrated,Arghhhh.
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 4:40pm
Billet: that's pretty honest of you to admit what you don't like about your wife's hair, although I hope you don't harass her about it! Smile You know how sensitive women can be about their hair. Man, if only my honey would offer to pay for extensions and wigs --- oh the closet I would have!!! hhaah.
Love clip-ins and tape!
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by billet billet wrote:

Frankly I would love it if I could convince my wife to go for it.I've been hounding her for at least 10 years to have them done because she has baby fine hair that when she tries to grow it long,  just ends up with split ends so,she cuts it to get rid of them! Plus,I'm a big fan of big and or long thick hair,especially if it's curly.So far she just keeps saying no because she has heard all the horror stories about them not being un-detectable and also she does not want to have to explain to anyone how her hair got so long or so thick so fast! Oh well,mark me down as one who doesn't care if someones hair is all their own naturally or if they have had some help. Oh well,just call me frustrated,Arghhhh.
Send her over here.. There's LOTS of GREAT pics that shows that they are VERY undetectable if done right.. As for explaining to people??? Honey she doesn't owe ANYONE an explanation.. Just shake her new hair as if it was ALWAYS there.. After that, anyone rude enough to ask should be IGNORED..

Edited by Divavocals - March 19 2008 at 9:39am
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
MissDeanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissDeanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 2:18am

My guy loves them Smile
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 2:50pm

^^^OH, that is a beautiful pic!!! You look gorgeous and you would never guess you were wearing extensions. Great job. Thanks for posting!Smile

Love clip-ins and tape!
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 3:08pm
oooooh LA LA!!!!! You are bangen!!

MissDeanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissDeanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 3:01pm
Thanks you two! You know how to make a girl blush.

My little guy gives the best reviews of my extensions. He is totally honest. If something is a little off with my extensions he will tell me right away. It is good to have someone who is totally uncensored. He has no filter (sometimes I wish he did). My kids are great help with my high maintenance ways. My daughter wants an eyelash extension kit.
She has clip in highlights and in normal and wild colors. I have created a monster!

kalena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by MissDeanna MissDeanna wrote:

My guy loves them Smile

of course he would.. you're beyond pretty.Smile

i told my now-boyfriend i had extensions the very first night we went out. i asked him if it bothered him and he said no. he must have been telling the truth because two years later, he's still around and i'm still wearing them. he did say he'd prefer that i didn't bother with them, but he's a sucker for long hair, so whether i have them in or not, he'd still love my hair LOL.

currently: 18" bobbi boss soft body in 1 & 1b
using: nioxin shampoo&conditioner, chi silk infusion

myspace
billet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by fakeizme fakeizme wrote:

Billet: that's pretty honest of you to admit what you don't like about your wife's hair, although I hope you don't harass her about it! Smile You know how sensitive women can be about their hair. Man, if only my honey would offer to pay for extensions and wigs --- oh the closet I would have!!! hhaah.
Oh no,I absolutely don't hassle her about it!! I have just come to accept the things I can't change,maybe that's why she and I have been happily married for over 27 years !!!ClapClapClap
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 4:42pm
Haha! That's great Billet. Sounds like you're a smart man and a sympathetic husband. Twenty-seven years is fantastic!!!! Congratulations!!Clap
Love clip-ins and tape!
billet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 4:48pm
Thank you very much!!
amanda_m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amanda_m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 4:02am
Well, last year after my BF and I broke up, I did something rash and cut my hair (it was shoulder legnth and ended up to my ears). It was horrible, and so I started wearing extenions. 6 months later, we got back together and he noticed that my hair was back to blonde, but not that it was half way down my back. (idiot).... so i never told him and he still doesnt know. When he tried to get too touchy with my hair, I do the duck and bob away move. Maybe he knows and is just polite? But honestly, I dont think he knows, he is usually very vocal with his questions about stuff. So, some (smart) guys may notice, but I honestly dont think that alot even really understand about extensions. I think it's easy for us to spot them out, because we wear them! Before I started wearing extenions, I didnt have a clue how many people have them- but I think I notice so much more now.
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by amanda_m amanda_m wrote:

.... 6 months later, we got back together and he noticed that my hair was back to blonde, but not that it was half way down my back. (idiot).... so i never told him and he still doesnt know. When he tried to get too touchy with my hair, I do the duck and bob away move. Maybe he knows and is just polite? But honestly, I dont think he knows, he is usually very vocal with his questions about stuff. So, some (smart) guys may notice, but I honestly dont think that alot even really understand about extensions. I think it's easy for us to spot them out, because we wear them! Before I started wearing extenions, I didnt have a clue how many people have them- but I think I notice so much more now.

Ok, I know I'm wrong, but this is making me laugh!!!LOL

It's also an on-point evaluation of most men and the public at large! It's like people/men notice there IS a change, but can't put their foot on what it is. Come to think of it, I doubt I would notice either. Some changes just don't compute in your brain, you know?? It's almost angering when you do a great install with new hair and no one really notices!!!LOL
Love clip-ins and tape!
NICO. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NICO. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 9:17am
This is making me feel so much better.

Funny thing about the last few posts is that the day after I got my extensions and went to calss, my guy friend that I sat next to told me I looked different (mind you my hair was double in length). Adn he asked me if I dyed my hair.

So I just said yes. And he never asked anything about them again.

fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by NICO. NICO. wrote:

This is making me feel so much better.

Funny thing about the last few posts is that the day after I got my extensions and went to calss, my guy friend that I sat next to told me I looked different (mind you my hair was double in length). Adn he asked me if I dyed my hair.

So I just said yes. And he never asked anything about them again.

LOLLOL
Love clip-ins and tape!
KrystalR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrystalR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 4:34pm

Yep. They just don't get it.

After most of my below the bra strap hair broke off to just around my ear level and 1/2 inch all through the crown, my boyfriend, at that time, conveniently broke up with me.
It didn't take me long to discover extensions and , overnight, my hair was back to the same length and fullness I had before. (Well, maybe a little mullet looking through the top for my tastes, but, still improved)
Anyway, I ran into the guy a few months later and he says, "Looks like your hair grew back."
Duh... Sure, my hair grew 18 inches in 2 months!
And no... I didn't get back together with him.
"I am not my hair" That's an India Arie song. lol

fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by KrystalR KrystalR wrote:

....After most of my below the bra strap hair broke off to just around my ear level and 1/2 inch all through the crown, my boyfriend, at that time, conveniently broke up with me.

......Anyway, I ran into the guy a few months later and he says, "Looks like your hair grew back."
Duh... Sure, my hair grew 18 inches in 2 months!
And no... I didn't get back together with him.
"I am not my hair" That's an India Arie song. lol

aaaaaahhhhhhhaaaaa!!!! No, he didn't!!! Love this story, though. I kind of love that most people don't even notice the extensions or long hair overnight. Good for you for not getting back with him though --- what a bastard!!!ConfusedSmile
Love clip-ins and tape!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic