Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*deleted*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TheReFiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheReFiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *deleted*
    Posted: March 12 2008 at 9:05pm
*deleted*

Edited by TheReFiller - September 22 2008 at 8:56pm
TheReFiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheReFiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 10:24pm
*deleted*

Edited by TheReFiller - September 22 2008 at 8:57pm
hanzel26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanzel26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 5:24pm
you might want to try some at-home relaxers.

I have the exact same situation, and am 17 years old, but i'm lifeguarding over the summer. Anyways, i've blow-dried my hair straight, i'm just moving on to flat ironing, but now i'm thinking of using this no-lye relaxer i bought from walgreens.

you may know what relaxers are, but you can easily look them up on the internet. Its chemicals used to break the bonds in the hair strand which in effect can straighten your hair.

anyways, i haven't tried what i bought yet. I'm skeptical it will work after doing a strand test, but i don't know if i smoothed it correctly, or used the right amount, or did the right amount of time.

Olive Oil is the one i bought, and has the most "good reviews" all over the internet forums and sites i've checked.

also, when we can afford such things, there's another method called japanese straightening, and goes by alot of other names, but i think its like, $100 and up, but is definitely permanent, and lasts for a while.
ShaeJJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaeJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2008 at 10:49am
i have the same problem, but after my hair starts to dry, i just wear a beanie...

i mean, it sort of works. it keeps my hair flat and sort of straight, and it doesnt look THAT bad when i take off the beanie after wearing it for about an hour..until the wind hits it.

but what i have noticed is that most girls wont make fun of you if they realize you straighten your hair. and most guys wont even notice whether or not its straight. and what i do if i dont have time to completely straighten my hair, is to just completely straighten my bangs and then straighten the sides/back/top just a little bit so its not completely wavy/curly. as long as you straighten the top layer of your hair (aka the FRIZZ section), you should be fine
- Shae
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic