Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Relaxed Textured Wig

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MsMahoganyRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Relaxed Textured Wig
    Posted: March 13 2008 at 10:32am

So I am on my way with making wigs...my first attempt was with IndianHairs.com/Wagmans Natural Curly using a Joya Closure.

Now I plan on making a wig outta my Salon Relaxed hair and the silk based closure in Salon Relaxed...I have dyed the hair a Dark Brown with 2 pieces a Med Red Brown...

So my question is has anyone made a relaxed texture wig and how did it turn out?  I am somewhat skeptical cause it will be really straight and I don't know how that will look??

Aww wish me luck!!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 10:33am
wow that's great so are you attempting to straighten the hair yourself? is that your questions?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 10:37am
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

wow that's great so are you attempting to straighten the hair yourself? is that your questions?

Thanks!!  No, Halley's Curls has Salon Relaxed (which is very very much like AA relaxed hair.  It matches my sisters to a "T" and it goes with mine a little since it is Indian Remy).  My questions is how will it look if anyone has attempted doing this...the hair is so straight (hence Salon Relaxed) but I am not sure how it will look?  I think some wigs are slightly different than an actual weave...
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 11:24am

Sorry I don't have any input on your question, but, I am anxious to see your progress :)

2blessed4stress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2blessed4stress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 12:16pm

I too am curious to see your progress as I am interested in making a relaxed tetured wig myself for when I want to take a break from wearing my lw.

Hopefully someone who knows will respond
fllwlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fllwlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 12:31pm
I made one several years ago but it was with weft hair. I didn't know much & it looked good (IMO) & even the meanies were impressed enough to compliment.

Yours should be OFF THE HOOK!  Please post pics of yourself working it when your done...Wink
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 12:33pm
ALL YA creative diva's i don't have the patience that's why i got jacksun..
fllwlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fllwlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 12:39pm
Hiya sexi!!  Nice 2 see you.... missyou       I got the courage to shave my head b/c of you....
fllwlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fllwlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 12:39pm
(Sorry about the hijack) No more - Promise!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by fllwlover fllwlover wrote:

Hiya sexi!!  Nice 2 see you.... missyou       I got the courage to shave my head b/c of you....

OMG YOU DID?????????? ITS GREAT TO SEE YOU DO, I MISSED YOU LADIES SO MUCH! LOL
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 12:57pm
MsM: did u post pix of 'said'  IndianHairs.com/Wagmans Natural Curly using a Joya Closure wig that u made? lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Koffee Brown Koffee Brown wrote:

MsM: did u post pix of 'said'  IndianHairs.com/Wagmans Natural Curly using a Joya Closure wig that u made? lol

Busted!!!LOLLOL  No I haven't but I will take pictures and try and post before I head off on spring break vacation!!LOL
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by MsMahoganyRed MsMahoganyRed wrote:

So I am on my way with making wigs...my first attempt was with IndianHairs.com/Wagmans Natural Curly using a Joya Closure.

Now I plan on making a wig outta my Salon Relaxed hair and the silk based closure in Salon Relaxed...I have dyed the hair a Dark Brown with 2 pieces a Med Red Brown...

So my question is has anyone made a relaxed texture wig and how did it turn out?  I am somewhat skeptical cause it will be really straight and I don't know how that will look??

Aww wish me luck!!
Hey Red,

I think it will be BEAUTIFUL!!! Go for it...

"Cleopatra I" was made from a combination of D-Lux Yaki and Tony Zhang Light Yaki hair.. She looked straight when I made her, but after curling her you see the look that posted in my pics. However, I had to keep her curled so that she looked like something other than just hair on a wig base... So I had MsCharron cut and shape her last weekend, and it made a HUGE difference in how she lays/looks when straight.. I will post updated pics of "Cleopatra I" as soon as I get a chance to watermark them so you can see.. HTH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic