Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Not getting your edges wet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not getting your edges wet
    Posted: March 14 2008 at 7:47am
Crazy question..How to you wash your face without getting the edges of you wig wet... I know that you would cover your hair with a shower cap.. But I know that normally when I do that my edges still get wet...suggestions please....

Edited by NClady - March 14 2008 at 7:47am
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 7:52am
I tie my perimeter down at night using a silk scarf and I leave the scarf on until after my shower and makeup.  It protects my edges, gives me a better hold throughout the week and less chance of getting makeup on the edgs.  I'm curious as to what others do to protect their edges.  Please share your secrets.Thumbs%20Up
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 8:11am
my circumference is usually tied when i'm washing my face and i try to make sure not to get too close..
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 9:23am
Great tips guys!
Countessrim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countessrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 12:06pm

I use a spa head band like this

I orginally used when washing my face so I wouldn't get my real hair wet, but it works just as well with the LF and is great to help set your edges once's you've just appled adhesives. You can also find them at the Dollar Tree for a buck!
amazon1147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 12:33pm
Well since my head is so freakin big, I dont use shower caps that much, most days I just tie a plastic grocery bag around my head and get in the shower, and it totally covers my edges.
Mistress Shaka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mistress Shaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 3:54pm
I use a silk scarf tied around my full perimeter this way I can keep the water and any skins products away from the hairline.  Also it helps the adhesive more. 
Senegalese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senegalese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 4:27pm

I have always had this problem, thanks for asking, share your secrets yall Smile

Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 12:49pm
Because I have very oily skin and like to wash all the way up to my hairline I put a shower cap on my head but leave my hairline exposed. I allow the soap and water to get into my hairline a little and I rinse it with the rest of my face. I use PF no-shine tape and NT around my hairline and its waterproof. It does loosen a little in some spots after the 2nd or 3rd wash but as it dries the bond gets tight again and it's just as good as new. I can do this for about a week before I need to reapply. Don't try this with water based adhesives though because they can't stand up to the moisture the same way the water proof adhesives do.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

Because I have very oily skin and like to wash all the way up to my hairline I put a shower cap on my head but leave my hairline exposed. I allow the soap and water to get into my hairline a little and I rinse it with the rest of my face. I use PF no-shine tape and NT around my hairline and its waterproof. It does loosen a little in some spots after the 2nd or 3rd wash but as it dries the bond gets tight again and it's just as good as new. I can do this for about a week before I need to reapply. Don't try this with water based adhesives though because they can't stand up to the moisture the same way the water proof adhesives do.

good point i'm gonna have to add that anti sweat tip in the newbie thread that a lot of us will need when summer comes..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic