Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i found a malaysian hair board

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i found a malaysian hair board
    Posted: March 14 2008 at 8:41pm
where malaysian women are discussing their hair care, products etc..i'm going to review it and see if there's some interesting tips about their hair b/c all this hair we be getting is asian in origin.. i'm hoping to find some pictures too..

they are discussing ditigal perms which a Digital Perm is similiar to a Thermal Reconditioning (Japanese Straightening). Digital perm is a perm done wth a Perm Machine. Some of you may be familiar with "Machine Permanent Wave" an old technique created by charles nessler back in 1905 that used aa heavily wired machine that supplied electrical current to metal rods to heat the rods to set the perm. the machine took some changes over the years. some of the terms used for this machine is called the setting perm. The setting perm machines are still used widely in the Asian Market Currently until the Digital Perm was created. The setting perm was too damaging to the hair due to the high heat from the rods, but a digital perm has more controlled heat and has less damaging effects and was created for simplicity. The solutions used in the digital perm breaks down the bonds and the ceramic heated rods sets in the shape of the perm. the digital perm is widely used to create loose curls or waves. The results are longer lasting style retentionn, easy manageability, additional volume and fullness and greater control in styling hair. (1 digital perm can outlast 3 to 6 perms) this is fanscinating to me, of course ya know i got issues and love to research stuff, but one of the main reasons i went on my hair journey was to go natural and considering a thermal reconditioning perm and i'm waiting for the technique to be perfected especially for minority hair.. and that lead me to lf's so i could still be fly while getting my hair in great condition.. along the way i became a little bit addicted ot lf's but that has been my original goal.. its my understanding these are very lovely waves produced by this ditigal perm, the thermal reconditioning perm produces stick straight, for real serious straightness to you hair and last along time too but there are some that aren't meant for black hair due to us needing the mositure..altho i've found one brand that is good for black hair that turns it silky and locks in the moisture, so for me this is even more exciting to research the possibilities of this perm..

here's what they say on the malaysian forum regarding this particular perm is for perming asian hair:

I permed my hair too and I'm loving it. I used to have my hair rebonded (straightened) for 3 years. I got bored and decided to perm my hair. I went for a digital perm (it has been a year and it still great), but just last week my sis went for a newer type of perm called a ceramic perm. It won't damage your hair as long as you put a hair-mask cream (from loreal or kerastase will do) on your hair everytime you washed your hair. It's a lil' bit of hassle, but all you need to do is spending extra 15 mins in the bathroom. It is worth the hassle

Once you've permed your hair, you need to pay extra care & attention with your hair, it's totally different with straight hair. You'll need to get the hair-care treatments, shining spray, the foam, hair-spray, hair-creams, shampoo, conditioner, gels, etc (I attached the pic of my basic hair necessities). If you don't mind spending an hour or two on your hair to look good, I'd say perm it! Because permed hair won't look good if you don't put gel, spray, etc.

Until now, I still like my curly hair better than my straight rebonded hair. If you put color & highlight on a permed hair, it'll look way better than black/dark-colored hair. You can see the waves/curls way better with lighter-colored hair

I hope it helps. Pardon my english, it's my 2nd language

here's some pictures of the perm i kind of like it alot.. i gotta figure how to do this

http://jinajo.blogspot.com/2007/02/digital-perm-before-after.html
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 8:56pm
here's list of the hair products they use:

I am using Schwarzkopf range now and so far so thumbup1.gif ..I love its serum:Magic Gloss.

TIGI products

tigi's bedhead brunette goddess shampoo & conditioner yersterday. just tried it this morning. now i smell of caramel. hair is bouncy TIGI products rock! Yup I've used the Hair Straightener from this range. I spray it n damp hair at the places I want to keep straight during the day. There's definately a difference because my hair is straight but not too straight biggrin.gif

Strawberry.net sells BedHead, and it's slightly cheaper. Has anyone tried buying from there? WIll I incur extra charges? This is the link: http://www.strawberrynet.com/skincare.aspx...amp;BrandId=652

i heard alot about this shampoo by shiseido.. in japan lux was top n oversells other local brands. When shiseido launched tsubaki series with its motto, 'japanese women has beautiful hair' it broke lux record. I m finishing my kao segreta, n so wanted to try tsubaki. So far segreta is the best i've tried, but so many raves bout tsubaki
ok this product is in japan i might have my daugther in law check it out since she's japanese.

i recommend u try the redken glass01 serum.. it kick-up the shine and flatten the frizz, just add few drop n apply through wet or dry hair.. for me, it works
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 9:07pm

ok we don't have to look far they have a asian hair section right here LOL

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_topics.asp?FID=25

fllwlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fllwlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 9:19pm
Hard at work again - thanks!   Thumbs%20Up
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by fllwlover fllwlover wrote:

Hard at work again - thanks!   Thumbs%20Up

hey i need to add you site to the list.. Wink
charron08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charron08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 10:57pm
o my god!..what helpful info
and wow the perm ..that doesnt even look like a perm..that looks like her natural hair pattern!..i would have never thought!..thanks sexy!
nola06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nola06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 7:03pm
A perming machine since 1905? Wow, I didn't know hair design was as advanced back then. Looking forward to hearing what new designs this "digital perm" can bring. Funny...it sounds so space-age and futuristic!
mslady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 9:09pm
Her hair looks really healthy and shiny after the digital perms.  
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 9:13pm
i'm definitely going to be looking into it, to find out how it can be done b/c once it is, there's no need to do it again b/c with our lf's it won't grow out..
Samria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

ok we don't have to look far they have a asian hair section right here LOL

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_topics.asp?FID=25

This is a great site..
Samria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 12:35pm
so interesting, my goodness..once again thank you sexibeach..Clap
missmodesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 5:47pm
thank you Sexi for the blog,wow these ladies know how to care for their hair!
Nemesiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:15pm
Wow Sexi, thanks, girlpower
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:19pm
yes they do and it wonderful b/c its all about asian hair, and they are on the search for products b/c of their various taxtures.. i don't know if you realize that chinese women have frizzer hair and so do some of the japanese that's why they are looking for these types of perms.. malaysian want straighter hair instead of curly and WE JUST WANT THEIR HAIR PERIOD...LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic