Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help this busy mom pick a new look!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
az.twinmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote az.twinmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help this busy mom pick a new look!
    Posted: March 14 2008 at 10:32pm
Hi there!

I'm really bored with my hair. I've had it the same way most of my life. I'm thinking of cutting it off but I need something easy to fix (I have 3 year old twins) that takes little time. It's naturally curly and thick. I use a BIG curling iron to make it look this straight and saves me time. Here are a couple pictures. Any ideas?

Edited by az.twinmom - June 09 2008 at 1:43pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote az.twinmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 10:33pm
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 12:13am
First of all, you have a lovely face:  great eyes, cute nose, high cheekbones, and fantastic smile/lips.
The reason I am saying this is because you have way too much hair - it overpowers all those great features.
I wouldn't hesitate about going shorter, but you really need to let us see your hair in it's natural state. If you are looking for something easier/less time, than straightening is probably not a good idea (except for special times)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote az.twinmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 10:28am
I see what you're saying about natural state and I don't really have a pic. but can tell ya without product it can look dry and a frizzy type of curl. Now it's so long I really can't wear it curly because of the weight. When I've cut it to my shoulders before there is NO curl  except for a little wave down at the bottom because my curl doesn't start at the scalp. I hope that makes sense! LOL.

I've cut it to my shoulders and it basically looks the same in a shorter version. I've done chunky highlites and like it but I'm not good about making it to the salon every 4 wks. and it grows so fast re-growth is there in no time. It basically lives in a pony tail!! I'm not good about making it to the salon but if it's a cute style I will make the time to do it to keep it's shape.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote az.twinmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 10:30am
I thought this was cute. Do you think this would work for me?
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 11:17am
The picture didn't show up for me.  I understand about your hair...that was my concern if you went short, would it go really curly, but sounds like it wouldn't.   While some people like pony tails...if that is all you do it sounds like you should go with something very different.
Here are some pics or what I think would work with your face.

Jenny%20McCarthy%20with%20bob
I also think you could go really short.  You should get a style that shows off your cheekbones - either layers that "break" at your cheekbones or a style that frames them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote az.twinmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 12:49pm
Shoot I wish you could see the picture I put on there. It's from this site. Do you know how to upload those?  I like the one of Lisa Rinna and not quite brave enough for Jenny! What length do you need to stay away from so you don't look chunky in the face?
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 7:40pm

Does the pic you tried to post have a style #?  I could just put that in to find th pic.

There is no way your face would look chunky in any cut.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote az.twinmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 8:25pm
Style # 11650 It's in women's hair styles gallery

also Style # 14162 in the same gallery
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 10:36pm
how short are you wanting to go, and ill see if i can find some picks!
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 10:44pm

I think they are "ok".  To me they look about the same as what you have just shorter.  I think they would still overpower you - taking away from your face.  I think the Lisa Rinna style would be your best look - yes, it would be a big change for you but it would be easy for you with the kids. 

Here are some others:
Meg%20Ryab%20Hair%20Styling%20Tip
Lisa%20Rinna Little longer version of the Lisa Rinna cut.
You might want to post in the short hair forum to get other opinions and more posts.
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 12:30am
How about some of these:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote az.twinmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 10:42am
I like all of those! I just don't know how brave I am. LOL!

Not trying to be too picky but do you know of any cuts that are less styled and more of a classic look? I am the farthest thing from trendy you'll ever meet. My husband thinks only long hair is sexy. I'm trying to convince him change is good and it will grow back if I hate it! The shortest my hair has been my whole life has been to the shoulders.

The 2nd Lisa Rinna's picture I love. I just don't know if I'll know how to fix it like that. The 2nd to the last one of Conrad's is my favorite out of that group. My hair is really thick I wonder if it would look too bushy 
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 12:43pm

My wife had the Lisa Rinna cut (currently has a pixie cut) for several years.  She was able to do it rather easily.  She would use some mouse then blow dry and "flick" it up with a small brush.  She would play it up or just let dry naturally and tuck behind the ears for a smoother look.

Most guys say they love long hair (I use to) but now I love short hair - it is so much sexier to me.
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 4:33pm
I think the hairstyle that would suit you best is the one Loveshorthair first posted of Lisa Rinna (whoever she is).  From how you describes your hair type, the natural wave and so on, I feel it would work with this style and not against it. 
Of course i understand that it is a very big change, especially as your husband  says he likes long hair. However a lot of guys that say that also love short hair, but for some reason are more shy of saying so as they do not want to give you the impression that they do not like your long hair, as lots of girls think it makes them femine instead of the fact that it's the person inside that controls how much of a lady you are. Short hair can even be considered more sexy than long hair. Look at when Natalie Portman shaved her head (i'm not suggesting you do), but people commented on how great she looked, how sexy, how femine and she had no hair at all.

If you want to go shorter then pick a style you are happy with and then go for it. It sounds like your hair grows pretty fast so if you don't like it, it will not take you long to grow it out.  Somehow i think you will love it short and keep it short for a number of years.

All the best and let us know what you decide to do.
S

Edited by Snipette - March 16 2008 at 4:36pm
trekgod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trekgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 4:59pm

Wow, your hair is beautiful the way it is. If you indeed prefer shorter, you remind me a lot of Teri Hatcher. One gradual change would be the first pic posted while the other would be much shorter although would work great on you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote az.twinmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:45pm
Ok, I'm getting brave and booking my appointment. I got hubby's approval on the Lisa Rinna one. I think part of it looking so good is her face is so pretty. This is a BIG change.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 10:04pm
Best of luck with your new adventure.  I too like Conrad's 2nd to last picture and the last one also (which is basically the same cut just styled a little differently).

For those that didn't take the time to look at the two pictures you mentioned above, here they are:

I also agree with loveshorthair; you have great features and could wear your gorgeous hair just about anyway you'd like.  Have fun and please let us know how it turns out.

Edited by HAWG - March 16 2008 at 10:09pm
HAWG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote az.twinmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 10:45pm
OK! What about Hunter Tylo's shorter version?? I don't know if you know who she is (she's on a soap) but she's got a similar version of the Lisa Rinna cut but in a little longer version. It barely sweeps the shoulders. I'll try to post a link since my pictures aren't showing up. I think it's safer for making such a BIG change all at once.

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 5:02am
Here is Hunter Tylo's cut:

This would be a good cut also, especially if you are hesitant about going shorter. 
Glad your husband is open to the change.  You don't give yourself enough credit...I think you are prettier than Lisa Rinna.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic