Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A GREAT KNOT SEALER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 5:58pm
Thanks for the tip SexiB. You guys can find Aussie Products in most grocery stores and drug stores. BTW, the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner works a LOT better for detangling than the Silicon Mix does for me...and it smells better too.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

Thanks for the tip SexiB. You guys can find Aussie Products in most grocery stores and drug stores. BTW, the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner works a LOT better for detangling than the Silicon Mix does for me...and it smells better too.

yes i love that product to especially if your experiencing tangling problems, and it does wonders for the hair..
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:32pm

I picked up mine today.

essence916 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essence916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 7:05pm
i was desperate and used pump it up to seal knots once... It worked well.
deebee73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deebee73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 7:22pm
Thanks for the tip, Sexi.  I ran out of TDI, which I hate anyhow and really didn't want to purchase more. 
Bliess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bliess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 7:35pm
Interesting... Aussie products are great!! I use the 3 minute mirale to condition. Sally use to carry the generic brand, but just discontinued it Cry
JLTabron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLTabron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 7:40pm
Thanks for the tip Sexi.  I was a little aprehensive to use 3m 77, but now I will purchase the Aussie.
Nemesiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:00pm
I will be adding this to the list of products to purchase.  I have the 3m77 and yes it can be very tacky.  I just sealed my knots early Saturday morning, later that afternoon, I was ready and it was as tacky and usual.  I have to say that was the longest I let it set before applying my lf so that could be the trick also.  Another alternative is great, that 3m77 can shrink the heck out of a unit if you're not careful (learned the hard way).
Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:11pm
I've always used hairspray as a knot sealer....I was reading another thread on the plantation, (BHM) and Charmed was talking about how she was using hairspray as a knot sealer so I decided to give it a try....I remember when I was younger the the joke was that the little ole blue-haired ladies would use Aqua Net because it would freeze their hair...so I went out and got the extra maxium hold Aqua Net and I haven't looke back yet.
MsLiberty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsLiberty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 11:24pm
Sexi your the best!! Thanks so much for sharing.
LaceLover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaceLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 10:09am
I'm going to try this.  I don't normally wear a wig cap, and I'm always afraid of having the 3m77 tacky stuff on my natural hair.  Thanks for the idea, SB.  Thumbs%20Up
june2chocolate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote june2chocolate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Unladylikediva Unladylikediva wrote:

I've always used hairspray as a knot sealer....I was reading another thread on the plantation, (BHM) and Charmed was talking about how she was using hairspray as a knot sealer so I decided to give it a try....I remember when I was younger the the joke was that the little ole blue-haired ladies would use Aqua Net because it would freeze their hair...so I went out and got the extra maxium hold Aqua Net and I haven't looke back yet.

funny I was just going to quote that some one from BHM said that aqua net works just as well...going to my bss right about now =]
happydesta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happydesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 3:36pm
Thanks for sharing .
Celie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 4:01pm
LF, BC I always used Freeze it is great.  Sally's sells a generic and it is just the same.

I used Aussie on my natural hair.  But, I think that  Moisture Recovery is better for this hair because it actively balances the ph.
materialgirlclk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote materialgirlclk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 4:58pm
okay ladies i just got my 1st LF 2day and i've read the newbie thread at least 4x. i got my Aussie Freeze last night but i'm confused as hell. how do i stop the hair spray from getting on the hair?? i know i turn the wig inside out and put it on the wig head and just spray right? i don't get how the hairp spray won't seep through the lace and onto the hair and making my brand new indian hair hard as hell? help!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by materialgirlclk materialgirlclk wrote:

okay ladies i just got my 1st LF 2day and i've read the newbie thread at least 4x. i got my Aussie Freeze last night but i'm confused as hell. how do i stop the hair spray from getting on the hair?? i know i turn the wig inside out and put it on the wig head and just spray right? i don't get how the hairp spray won't seep through the lace and onto the hair and making my brand new indian hair hard as hell? help!

you have to turn the cap inside out and stuff the hair up in the cap and then spray the cap..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote materialgirlclk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

you have to turn the cap inside out and stuff the hair up in the cap and then spray the cap..
right...so the hairspray won't wet the roots of the hair making the hair itself hard & stiff?
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 5:29pm

right...so the hairspray won't wet the roots of the hair making the hair itself hard & stiff?

girl that stuff freezes on contact.. it won't go thru the cap, and you want the knots to freezes trust me, otherwise the knots can come loose and the hair will fall out..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote materialgirlclk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 5:41pm

girl that stuff freezes on contact.. it won't go thru the cap, and you want the knots to freezes trust me, otherwise the knots can come loose and the hair will fall out..
thank you miss sexi...you're a life(wig) saver!angel
chyna_li View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chyna_li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 8:58pm
THANX FOR THE TIP BABES
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic